dhea
Hi all. i am new here and hope you can help. i am 41 and have low amh .0.7 and fsh of 19.  I have had 4 failed iui but cannot afford IVF would like to know what fertility clinics would give me DHEA and monitor/take my bloods and advise me even if i dont do IVF treatment with them as my GP will not do it for me. i would take DHEA without consulting GP but dont know what my levels are at moments.  Please help!!!! currrently i am doing acupunture and trying naturally. Look forward to hearing from you's
I would just call and ask different doctors. My doctor never mentioned it. I am pretty much in the same boat as you, 41 (almost 42) with a FSH of 15 and an amh of .1I think. Most doctors wont acknowledge any way to bring this numbers to normal. I also do acupuncture and take a very small amount of DHEA and wheatgrass but so far nothing. We are doing a round of IUI right now but who know if it will work.
When you did your IUI, how did you respond to the meds?
Thank you mjmom69, one question did your doctor prescribe DHEA to you or are you just taking it... answer to your question - i always had between 1-4 follicles each month and always ovulated but dont know why it didnt work.  i was given Clomid as meds and thats all.....
My doctor didn't prescribe it. I just took 25mg every other day on my own. I figured that small amount wouldn't hurt and may help just enough.
4 is a good number, I wonder why it didn't work. I have 3 right now and go back Thursday. Good luck to you.
Hi there

I posted this thread recently http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Fertility---Infertility---IVF/DHEA-and-IVF/show/416979 and just wanted to say get in touch if you have anything you wanted to ask me about DHEA.  I'm on it again in preparation for next round of IVF.  Wishing each of you all the best  xxxxx