Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
diagnosed with POS tryin to get pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

i was recently diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and i am only 19 years old i havent had my period since Jan of 08 and still havent gotten it i am deeply saddened by it and but feel more depressed knowing it cuases infertilty my doctor told me it would be better to get pregnant while i was still younger rather than waiting till i was older so i dont risk my chances of not having a baby at all i am doing everything i can to keep my chances of gettin pregnant does anyone have any ideas something..i really want my own baby with my husband we can take care of it and it hurts me knowing that i cant get pregnant and i see all these babies around me and women who are pregnant it just hurts me i goback in two weeks but i just cant seem to wait. just seening if u guys had any ideas
Sorry to hear that you have been going through this.. lots and lots of people that have PCOS get pregnant.. its a matter of identifying it and treating it.. for some people  the medication metformin does the trick and will regulate cycles and ovulations.. others excercise, diet modification.. and some people need to go onto fertiltiy medications such as clomid/femara to induce ovulation.. but when there is a problem that is identified its easier to know how to fix it! so just identifying the problem is hlaf the battle!    Lots of ladies on here have great success stories! i have mild pcos, however endo and one ovary adn male factor i think are more our problems.. we did get preg with help! GOOD LUCK! :)
hello i am 20 years old and i went almost 3 months with no peroid thinking i was pregnant to come and find out i have pos ...witch made me very sad bc i want a child and still want a child i live with my boyfriend of 7 years yes i started young lol but we both want a child but i was told it is hard to get pregnant with this and my doctor told me the only way to get rid of it was birthcontrol or fertility drugs and i dont have money for that and i dont want to go on birthcontrol because i  just got off of it and i have been on it for to long does anyone have anything to say about this???? or anything incouraging for me please help :(
I also have pcso and I have five kids... Your dr is right about one thing.. It was so much easier for me to get preg when I was younger..any way my dr put me on metformin helps with the pcso... I have a period each month thanks to the metformin... I take 2000mg of metformin.. Im also taking clomid... U need to talk with your dr about metformin.. Go on the internet google metformin for pcso...
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers