Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
did anyone take provera to induce period? how long it took?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

hi,
I have just started provera to induce my period. Has anyone taken it and how long it took to get period
hey, i have taken provera to induce my period plenty of times for me it was 10pills and i get it either the last day of the dosage or one day afther the last dosge my advise is that you will know when is about to come you can really feel it in the last few days of your dosage i hope this helps.
The dr told me that right after provera I will start second INV. I wonder if it is good to start the procedure when the period is induced. Are the eggs quality going to be good?
Has anyone had that situation? how did it come out?
I TOOK PROVERA FOR THE SAME REASON.  THIS IS MY FIRST TIME.  I HAVE BEEN OFF OF IT (10 PILLS) FOR 5 DAYS NOW. LOTS OF CRAMPING & FEELING LIKE I AM ABOUT TO START, BUT NOTHING YET.  MY MD SAID IT CAN TAKE ANYWHERE FROM 3 DAYS TO A WEEK AFTER STOPPING THE PILL TO START YOUR PERIOD.  I SURE HOPE IT WORKS....FOR BOTH OF US.  WE HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR A BABY FOR 6 MONTHS NOW!  LET ME KNOW HOW IT WORKS FOR YOU.  GOOD LUCK.
I have taken provera 6 or 7 times.  Every time but one I got my period within 1-3 days of stopping it.  However, the last time it took nearly TEN days!  I was freaking out and thought my body had gone into early menopause.  Based on doing it so many other times I was sure something was wrong.  It finally came.

So try to relax.  I'm sure it will happen.  I think I started stressing about it so much that you know how they say stress can keep your period away?  Well I almost think that might have been what happened!  Hang in there!  
Hey everyone, I also started taking provera recently. My fiance and i have been trying for a baby for about a year now, i misscarried in june of 08 then i had a dermoid cyst the size of a grapefruit on my left ovary. That along with the ovary and tube were removed in nov. of 08.

Ok well I didnt't have a period all summer from june till sept. and in sept all i did was spot. So my doc says he wants to try me out on the provera in oct then in dec start me on clomid.

I know get to the point right well i started the pills oct. 20th took 10 of them, but i didnt have a period till Nov. 9th and it only lasted 2 days.

Right now I am in the middle of the second dosage of the provera or should i say the second month, and for the past 2 weeks or so I have been getting sick to my stomach then last night i noticed my breasts were leaking not alot but enough to notice. I am beyond confused i took a test it came back negative. I don't know whats going on with my body! honestly i feel as if I could infact be pregnant but how?
thanks everyone. I took 2 pills so far and I do not feel anything. Hope I get my period soon. Good luck to you all
I got preggo with twins both times that I used it to induce a period before FET
I just used provera in Oct. I was doing an IUI cycle and I was on CD 18 and still hadn't ovulated and he didn't think I was going to that cycle. So he gave me a choice of waiting on my period or taking provera and I chose to take porvera. I had to take 10 pills and got my period on the last pill. We continued with that cycle, IUI on Nov 6th and we got a BFP!

Good luck!
I just finished taking provera for the first time, i took 5 tablets for 5 days was just wandering how long it will take me to get my period?? Im worried that i have gone through a severely early menopause... so worried as i have not had my period since December last year and it is now October...
hi took provera for 5 days and i have not had my period yet it's been 4 days since i took the pills and still no sign of my period any help?????? please!!!!!!!!!
hi i took provera and it work after 5 days
You girls need to stop eating chicken. The hormones injected into the chicken mess us up realy bad. Limit your intake of meat and avoid anything SOY! Do this and I guarantee getting pregnant will be a breeze! I am posting this comment because of my own experience. Happily married now with 2 healthy and beautiful children!!!!
I started taken provera yesterday really hope it works, doc said i really shouldnt worry my wo b is healthy and my ovary s are fine I came off the pill ah year ago never got period so the doc told me to take these then when I get period to let her no she going book my in for hsg xray to see if my tubes are open if they are she going. Put me on clomid really hope this works want ah baby so much its all we want
I am 18 and I was diagnosed with PCOS a couple of months ago after going to the doctors a lot because I hadn't started my periods, The doctors run blood test, asked me questions and I had two ultrasound scans. They finally told me what the problem was and sent me to see a gynaecologist she put me on two 500mg Metformin tablets a day at frist but I had to go back because the side effect where really getting me down. I mean they were even effecting my day to day life and my sleeping pattern. So the gynaecologist dropped me down to one 500mg Metformin tablet a day, she also asked me if I had anymore periods as I have only ever had 1 period which was in october last year. I said no and she looked a bit surprised so she also gave me Provera to help induce my periods. I had to take two 10mg tablets every day for a week. I finished them on Friday 21st Decemeber 2012 but I haven't had a period. I am a bit worried because my gynaecologist said these tablets should make me have a period. Has anyone else experienced the same??
I also got told i had PCOS at 17 after bleeding in intercourse, also had bloods done weve been trying for a baby now for 2 and half years. I had a lap and dye test done tubes are fine so they put me on provera to make me bleed but ive taken them for 4 days and no sign also put me on 100mg of clomid. I think it takes a while for it to work. id taken provera the first time and took me 10days to come on, 2nd time only took 2 pills and came on this 3rd time ive taken it 4 days and no sign, i think its because theres no cycle so the body has to get used to it... also my partner has a child from past relationship and he'd been tested so its down to the PCOS i had a scan and one of the cysts for size of tennis ball... we have to be patient and wait i suppose even though its really hard... hope it works for you hun
good luck!!!!!
i had a d&c on the 7th of June 2012 and my period did not return. Its been 8 months now and still no period although i do get the symptoms. My Dr has prescribed me Provera, i am on day two of taking them now. They are 10mg one tablet twice a day. Fingers crossed i have my period return! If anyone has had to take this due to to similar reasons id love to hear from you!!!
Hey! What was the outcome of the Provera treatment? I also had a D&C on April 17,2013 its been 13 weeks and no period! I just took my first Provera 10mg tonight.
I have missed my June and July period and negative pregnancy tests. Dr has called in Provera and I will pick it up tomorrow and start taking it. I would be interested in some of the results as well. How long into the pills did it take for your period to return. Any other information will help as well.
How long does AF last once you get it?  This would be my first time taking Provera.  I havent had a period in 4 years (depo shot). I dont want to take the pill and wind up wind up bleeding for a few weeks or longer (getting married in 5 weeks)