discouraged!
My husband and I have been trying to have our first child for 2 years and we have not had any luck. I am on my 3rd cycle of clomid and we are still not having any luck. I am taking 150mg. I was wondering if anyone else could give me any advice on not getting discouraged.
I am so sorry you have not been able to achieve result after 2 yrs of trying. Don't be discouraged, your time will definitely come. Have you tried considering iui, a lot of women have been able to get pregnant through this procedure. I wish you the very best.
Hi Honey,

I know this journey of ours is hard and sometimes we feel that we have hit rock bottom.  When we feel there is no way up or out.  The pain of not conceiving naturally, the confusion of why this is happening to you, the loneliness as if no one else understands, the financial strains this puts on our wallets and the desperation to be a mother.

It takes us to that place called “rock bottom”.  In these times that you feel weak and vulnerable, it is easy to lose faith in your own ability to go on.  It is exactly that time you must turn to the infinite power within yourself.  You must know that the answer is exactly where you are.  The strength you need the answer you want.

Put aside your fear, anger, weakness and desperation for just a minute you will remember the “other times” you were at the bottom and how in a moment, miraculously, you were lifted up. Honey, there is no spot where GOD is not.

Love you, your sister Sunflower
Hang in there. I'm in a similar situation with length of TTC and Clomid cycles. Have you done testing to eliminate or discover any obstacles to conceiving?

Apparently I responded well to Clomid but I didn't have more than one follicle or anything, and I also did 2 IUIs while on them. I figured having the sperm directly deposited into my uterus for me on the "ideal day" would be a next step. You may want to give this a try. No luck yet for me but you never know when or what attempt will be successful. You just have to keep the hope and rely on the people around you who show you love and don't mind when you feel you have nothing to offer and are sad. They will help you until it's your turn for a success story :)

For our third IUI, we switched to an injection each day instead of Clomid. This was initially very hard for me. While still devastated that the previous month had failed, I'm watching through tears a nurse show me how to load an epi-pen and stab myself with it. It all seems so unfair but since this is our journey, we have to accept what happens and try our best to persevere and trust one day this will not be forgotten but far in the past. I also got a high thryoid blood reading and started medication for that. I'm assuming you've done the testing for this but it's another thing to consider as thyroid issues are linked with infertility.

We figure the assistance of fertility drugs, cycle monitoring, knowing the state of my follicles, blood, etc. and having IUIs/trying naturally a few times after coming home, give us best case scenario before IVF, and advantages beyond what would otherwise be unknowns to us while we go through this. I also feel better knowing I'm in the hands of a great doctor, clinic and nurses working so hard to update me frequently on every step and test each month, calling with suggestions and next steps.

Just some things to consider. Beyond all, keep the faith. The present is the hardest to struggle in, but one day what was your future will be here and it will be beautiful. The low days are very low and isolating, but you will get through them and then be back on track trying to do all you can for your next cycle... which could be the one! I wish you all the very best, don't give up :)