Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
double uterus/ cervix - any sucess with pregnacy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hi, I am looking to find anyone/ any info on women who have double uterus/ cervix - I want to find out if no surgical options are there any fertility treatments that have been successful - or alternatively any women who have this condition but have successfully carried a baby through to term safe n sound?
Tags: double uterus, double cervix, surgical option, fertility options, bicornate
Do you mean a uterine septum? I had one removed in Dec 2011 and am still ttc. I wish you the best of luck!
I have just read an article of a lady in australia, in a this months pregnancy and birth magazine, who has this condition, she got pregnant naturally and carried to term with a healthy baby boy :)
THANKS SO MUCH I MIGHT HAVE A LOOK FOR IT. APPRECIATE THE MESSAGE :)
nah, i probably could have had surgery if it had a septum... but i have two separate and complete uteri and cervix :(  no surgery option for me... I am going to see if docs can identify which uterus is the weaker/ poorer one (maybe if my previous 2 miscarriages were in the same uterus I can get implanted into the other - if there is no other way of helping nature to pick the right side... heres hoping I actually have a "GOOD" side that could carry an embryo through to fetus and onto baby...should know a little more later this month... lol!!!
ps. thanks for replying. i am research mad at the moment - probably cause i feel so helpless to do anything about what nature has decided for me.
im 43 yrs old w three children 26, 23 and 13 but did have one miscarrage (miscarriage) in between two and three. I found out i had a double cervix during a yrly pap by a Dr. Anne Musser @ the school of Osteopathic Medicine (pomona ca 1989) I have to make sure that a pap test is taken from both cervix to insure im cancer free in such. Note : i did have to have three c sections, due to the fact i never dialated or had a contraction to this day. My babies were large as well 10lb 16oz was the bigest....have a great day ....tricia
Just wanted to share a little information with you and I apologize if my medical terms arent up to par, lol. I was born with a double uterus and two cervixes as well as only one kidney. I had horrible menstrual pains and a teenager and actually discovered I had a softball sized blood clots in I e d my tubes which I had removed via larascopy. I was also told that my right ad slightly smaller uterus had no opening ao if I did get pregnant in that uterus I would have to terminate the pregnancy! Since then I had a partial hysterectomy and had the Bad uterus removed but now I'm tryi g to test for fertility. I haven't been trying for a child but am
Habitually bad at taking my pill and I've been with my boyfriend te last four years without a single scare. So I'm concerned now a d trying to find it if pregnancy is still possible. I had an HSG last week to determine if there's By blockage but had to stop halfway through because it was so painful ( damn doc couldn't figure out with cervix to use) anyway I'm getting another done next week (under Anastasia) and I'll  keep you posted with the results.I know I didn't answer any questions but hopefully you can have solace in the fact that there's other women in your situation. :) I wish you lots of luck!
I was born with a double uterus and double cervixes. I did not find out until I went to find out if I was having a boy or girl. I was high risk and went into labor 4 weeks early due to my daughter growing in the smaller of the two uterus but she was completely healthy only 5 lbs but no medical issues. I also had an abortion at an early age of 18, mistake I regret but never knew about my double cervix and uterus. I guess the abortion clinic didn't feel the need to discuss any findings with me once I was done. Anyway do not give up, it's possible and my daughter is a blessing. Now I will say i did have to have an emergency c-section, she did not "pick" a cervix to come out of and was tearing through my septum wall that separates the two cervixes. My high risk doctor advised me the entire pregnancy that they did not know what would happen when I went into labor but they would assess the situation once I went into labor.