Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
estradiol levels

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

estradiol levels

hello  ladies, i just had my day 3 labs done ,and come to find out that my estrogen levels are extremly low, lt was 16.  my obgyn told me not to worry about this and we would try clomid. ( which i know i dont have problems ovulating.  i have been reading and i believe that estrogen plays a very important role in conceiving!  am i wrong?  do levels get higher throughout your cycle?  has anyone had troubles conceiving with low levels?  .  can someone take estrogen supplements?  we've been ttc for over three years and i have had the fertily workup done back then and there is no blockage in my tubes, or anything.   thanks
I am not sure about estrogen levels and how they supposed to vary but I was taking estrogen supplements after ivf transfer.  So, you can definitely supplement.

Good luck!
are there supplements that i can buy over the counter?  is so what can i buy?  and how often would i take it?  
Your estrogen does continue to increase during the first part of your cycle and hits a peak right before ovulation. The estrogen is needed to help build the lining and it also helps improve the cervical mucus. I'm not sure how much of an impact a low level has on day 3, as the levels are generally much lower then anyway. I guess it all depends on how much it increases as you get closer to ovulation. Good luck to you!
I had very low  estrogen levels, so I had to take estradiol tablets throughout my fertility process.
Hi my estrogen was low on 2nd day in this cycle (my lab results said lesser than 37) but my RE said that he wants low estrogen on 2nd day and that it will normally increase in the process. Apparently bad news is if you have high estrogen on day 2. I am in natural cycle IVF and my follicle has developed well and my uterus lining is good. I am having aspiration tomorrow - so it did not look like there was a problem even though estrogen was low on 2nd day. I hope all works well for you. Good luck.
My RE told me that i have a very low estrogen level thats why im having hard time to  ovulate..she gave me clomid but it didnt work out,now she gave me injectibles GONAL-f to stimulate follicles,,and its repsonding my follicles are improving..