Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
failed iui

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

failed iui

Hi ladies. My hubby and I have unexplained infertility and our first iui was unsuccessful. I was beyond crushed and now i am worried it will fail again. I have such a hole in my heart for a second child but the stress and let down are so hard. Any advice would really help. Btw..ttc for over a year and have a healthy happy little boy conceived naturally with no issues at all.
ty, i was talking to my dr before the iui this morning and we are all hoping that this will be the one and a healthy one. i feel very good, positive has sunk in came home and followed the directions that were given to me for the next 2 weeks.. rest, limited house cleaning, no changing cat litter and no kickboxing... so that is what i will be doing absolutly nothing... just a fyi, i was told by someone on here that pineapple is great to boost up the chances... that is what i did differently when i go the "+" so i am doing that again... eatting a massive amounts of fresh pineapple..... wish you lots of luck....when are you scheduled for the next iui?
hello, i know exactly how you are feeling. i started my iuis in aug of 2011 and i have had 5 unsucessful and the 5th one i was positive 10/15/12 and lost the preg at almost 7 weeks. sometimes it takes one and unfortunally it take some of us many to get where we would like to be. as for me i can tell you each disappointment was harder and harder emotionally and physically but once that call comes in and it is positive all the disappointment goes away and you start to feel that it was worth the wait. i was told by my dr when your body feels that it can create a healthy baby that is always the right time. so with that being said as for my miscarriage and unsucessful iuis i have learned that there is truth with that and i have to learn patience in which i have very little but it will happen for you and me  i have another iui scheduled tomorrow at 9 am and just keep going but if it gets to be too much take a month off and there will be a strive that will be in you to keep moving forward... i wish you alot of luck with your journey..
Thank you so much and I am so sorry for your loss. I need to remember that ppl like you have suffered a lot more than me and it reminds me how blessed I am. I said a prayer for you this a.m. and I love your positive attitude. I think that can only help you with your journey.
kickboxing that's great ur into fitness so am I! suh a stress reliever that stinks you can't pre-occupy yourself with that...or much of anything it sounds like:( You seem very strong though so I bet you will find a way to get through. Pineapple...thx! Oh I heard of a study they r doing...one baby aspirin daily. Suposed to increase blood flow to the uterus. If your Dr. says it safe you should check it out. Next iui? well, the clomid gave me 2 cysts so they wouldn't do one this cycle..trying the old fashioned way. If it doesn't work and they allow me I will do another one next month. I was so bummed about the cysts...did not expect that. Trying again was the only thing that got me back on my feet after my first one failed so when they said they couldn't do it I was so upset. It's ok though I just need to remember how lucky I am to even have the opportunity. I read about so many women who have tons of health issues when ttc and I feel so sad. If you need help passing the time during your 2ww shoot me a line. You will be in my prayers:-)