fertility after abortion
i had an abortion at 5 1/2 weeks in october of last year, the same day i started using the depo contraceptive injection. my last injection was on january 12th. we are now trying for another baby. Is there a risk of my fertility being affected after the abortion and how soon after coming off the injection can i become pregnant?
From what I understand about abortion is that is the same type procedure as a d&c. I had a d&c at 12wks due to no hb and was told there would not be any problems conceiving due to the procedure.
just curious as to why you had an abortion so short away of want to try and conceive?  As the last post D&C is what happens during the abortion procedure.  You should be able to get pregnant again with in a month or so I would think.  I do know a friend that had an abortion )belive it or not her husband didn't want the child and forced her to abort) later she divorced that guy and found a good DH... when they try to conceive she did end up having a  mc but was sucessful and finaly had a baby boy in 2001, he is 5years old now.
good luck to you.