Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
first round of clomid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

first round of clomid

Hi everyone,
I posted on monday after my day 11 scan and was slightly dissapointed that knowone replied. I have been for another scan ton thursday which was day 14. My 12.4 follicle on my left is now 17mm and was also so shocked to find that she found one on my right which was 20mm.... not sure how that was missed on monday lol. my lining is 9mm which she said was good??? at what point will i ovulate and will i definatly ovualte with follicles that size?? i have been doing lh surge tests (okp's) every day and still nothing??? will the follicles continue to grow??? And does this mean i will ovulate on both sides? i was told about the risk of multiples also but what are the chances... does anyone know please??? I am so worried and just would love to chat to anyone with a similar outcome or anyone who can answer my questions? knowone replied to my last post and was gutted : ( please help.......
Kate x
Hi, the follicles are a good size. U dont ovulate twicw only once, but the amount of follicles u have the better chances od getting pregnant are. If u or ur husband have twins in the family, u do have a high risk if multiples. On iui the chances of pregnancy are 26% and for multiples I think is about 50%. Im just giving u an estimate to what I remember. Im on my two week wait, juat,take it easy and dont stress. Stop testing otherwise u will go crazy. Hopefully this helped u:)
Hi there, thanks for the advice. I know I won't ovulate twice lol, i just wandered if i would ovulate left and right since i have one follicle in each? I will take your advice and stop testing now, ur right i am goin mad over this! What day are you on today? Are you on clomid too? I'm not doing iui, are you? I'll keep my fingers firmly crossed for you. Let me know how u get on : ) thanks x
I had 2 follicles one 16mm and 18mm but got pg with one.  (Who is now an almost 8 months healthy happy baby girl) not sure about the risk of multiples but good luck!
Thanks very much for that, it's lovely to hear a success story!! Gives me hope. How long were you on clomid for?
Thanks very much for that, it's lovely to hear a success story!! Gives me hope. How long were you on clomid for? and were your follicles one each side?
i want to make ivf, but i don't know where to make it is better?
I actually did another medication but I only took it one cycle and it worked.  Hope u get lucky too!