Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
first trimester spotting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

first trimester spotting

I am so exhausted over worrying.  I am 6 wks 5 dys pregnant and spotting again.  I've been spotting again for 3 days now.  My first u/s the doctor said that a 70% chance of miscarriage, 2nd u/s 3 days later the doctor said things looked okay.  Hormone levels are going up, but no heartbeat had been detected (yet?) since it may have been too early.  I go again for another u/s tomorrow.  I pray that things are going okay, despite the spotting (brownish, or clear brownish, sometimes with teeny specks, no cramping really) and that a heartbeat can be heard.  Has anyone else had a similar situation- with a positive outcome?  I am 35 yrs old and am also concerned about the overall health of my baby-to-be.  I plan to have genetic testing done if all goes okay.  Any advice?
i would like to say don't worry yet but i know that's impossible.  when i was prego w/my daughter, i had 2 major bleeding episodes.  not spotting... full on blood (red, red, red!) surges all over underwear and pants.  i went through ivf to conceive.  i can't remember exactly what week it was but i was around 7 or 8 weeks prego.  went into the fertility clinic for an u/s (once after each episode) and they saw the heartbeat both times.  we were sooooo happy and relieved!  i continued to have brown spotting (old blood coming out) for weeks after that.  the dr. did see blood up in my uterus and warned that would happen b/c it had to come out.  anyway, i have a very healthy and beautiful 2 year old at home.  no problems.   they do not know why i bled.  apparantly 25% of all pregnancies bleed(sometimes thruout the entire pregnancy off an on) and about half of that will end up in misscarriage. so the odds are very much in your favor... especially if your levels look fine.  if you went thru ivf to concieve (conceive), i think your odds of bleeding are higher... my clinic said they see it all the time.  must be the meds.  anyway, i wish you the very best.  god bless and good luck!  keep us posted.
i am still spotting. a brown color blood now. yucky brown. this makes it the 5th day. i usually have a very heavy flow with clotting for 3 days. my breasts get extremely sore, and i have HORRIBLE cramps. this month nothing. i feel great. its so light that there is never anything on my panty liner. only on the tissue when i wipe. could it be implantation bleeding? maybe the others were wrong because i took them too early?
About a week after I found out I was pregnant I started having light brownish/pinkish spotting which lasted for 9 days straight. The spotting was not at all like my usual period, it was light, almost mucus-y, and had a stringy substance in it.  I went to the doctor who told me to prepare for the worst but to come back the following week for blood tests. I had to wait over a week to get my results back, which was horrible (I think that not knowing is the worst), I was totally convinced that I was having a miscarriage... But I'm happy to say that my blood work came back and everything was fine! My numbers were multiplying like they are supposed to. And earlier this week we were able to have our first ultrasound done and we saw a strong, healthy heartbeat!!! So, I understand that spotting can lead to devestating results, but I want to give some hope to the women out there who are dealing with the same issues. Hang in there!