Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
flaxseed oil, any success?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

flaxseed oil, any success?

So I have taken 5 rounds of clomid with each round preceded by prometrium to induce af.  on my last cycle af never came, apparently my lining was too thin to have af.  my doc wanted to put me on bc for a month to build up my lining but I can't take birth control (the high estrogen makes me grow precancerous lumps in my breasts).  So she put me on flaxseed oil, she said it is a plant estrogen which might help with my lining.  Has anyone done this?? Did it work?
Tags: flaxseed
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
992128_tn?1364375342
Hey hun, thats really lousy that it isnt going well on clomid, natural foods are below... my mum also told me Sasparella is a good one for estrogen (apparently) you cannot get this as the fizzy drink - rather from health food stores/natropaths (fingers crossed its in the drink form!). (NOTE: Flazseed in below!)... good luck!

Estrogen Rich Foods

Fruits; Apples, dates, plums, cherries,

Vegetables; Beets, carrots, yams, tomatoes, olives, potatoes, cucumbers, eggplant, peppers, and broccoli.

Grains; Barley, oats, hops, rice and wheat

Seeds; Flaxseed, fennel, sunflower seeds, and alfalfa

Beans; Soybeans, split peas, chickpeas, black eyed peas, limabeans, and Navy beans.

Herbs and spices; have estrogen like properties and they are: Garlic, parsley, clover, ginger, thyme and oregano.

ALSO - if you actually go into a health food store and ask the staff - they should be able to mention more and help you pick vitamins and foods that are good for this... also I would perhaps consult with a natropath - rather then just the quacks/store clerks... I will have another look... good luck!
Blank
992128_tn?1364375342
HANG ON - check this out too....

Foods that inhibit Estrogen are:

Fruits, citrus fruits, berries, grapes, figs, melons and pineapples.

Vegetables, Cabbage, green beans, onions, corn and squash.

Grains, Millet, white rice and white flour are bad sources of estrogen.

Go for all wholemeal (brown) grains/wheat/patsa/rice and guessing organic is better too!!!! sounds like you will have an expensive shopping list this week!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...