Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
follicle size?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

follicle size?

Im on femara & had an ultrasound (cd16) on Fri that showed a follicle of 16.5mm. They didnt want to give me ovidrel b/c they wanted to grow more. So they asked me to come back on Sun. That u/s showed it hadnt grown at all in 2 days. They were going to have me come back in 2 more days (CD20) to see if it had grown but decided to give me the ovidrel anyway (hoping it may grow more). Has anyone had any luck w/ a follicle of that size or know if it is large enough?
I thought that was a good size.  
Iknow my RE likes to have it be 18 - 22...good luck...
My 2 IUI follicle was 17 and 18. For the 3rd follicle was only 16 and dr cancelled. For my first IVF cycle, stopped follistim when they found the first follicle to be 20. When they retreived most of the 22 folicles were over 18 with more than half 20.Dr says excellent quality. Just waiting for hcg test on Thur to find out results.
Previous with IUI my RE would like to see the folicles at least at 16.  With my first IVF he pushed them to about 20+.
I went for my CD 14 US after Femara. Found 32 mm follicle. They canceled my Ovidrel and IUI and suggested intercourse. No LH surge yet. Not sure at what size will I ovulate. Any answers?

I went for a scan today and am only day 8, and have follicles 17mm, 15mm and 11mm. Dr has told me to use Ovidrel tonight and go for IUI on Friday. I'm worried he just wanted to avoid weekend IUI and that this will reduce my chances, as I thought at least 2 follicles over 16mm is better.

Is it possible the second follicle will mature?
From my experience, you could expect them to grow another 1-2mm overnight.  I've done IUIs with follicles that measured 16-17mm two days before the IUI and by the time the IUI came around they were 18+mm.  I would say your follicle sizes are ok to proceed with an IUI.  Good luck to you!
The doctors recommend follicle size between 18-22 for ovidrel ****. These things grow 1-2mm everyday. IF you could, why dont you wait one more day for your shot...by then 2 will be above 18 and would have better chances. Check with your RE if he agrees to it.
Had cd7 u/s today and follicles were 9, 6.5,5 mm on right and 3 5 mm on left is this normal on CD 7 ...Doctor asked me to increase my dose from 50 iu of puregon to 75 iu for next 2 days. he wants to have U/S on 9 th day...........wht do u people think....this will be my 1st iui with puregon........

before this 3 cylces of clomid(50,100,100mg)+ BD failed .............

any suggestions before going to IUI and wht should we do tht will have greater no. of success?
I was given Clomid from day 3-7 they took my clomid up to taking 2 a day and I had and ultrasound on Day 12. I had 2 follicle on my left that were sized at 24 and 20 and my right side was 24 and 22 and one that was a 13.9. The ultrasound tech that was really good. they gave me my trigger shot. I elected to not have the IUI this month and try just intercourse and then next month if this doesn't work I will have an IUI. I feel really positive about everything and was wondering what is a good count and follicle size is???
Those sound perfect!
I have been diagnosised with pcos and I have just finished taking clomid 50mg from cd 2 to 6. Had my first scan on cd 11 and was told I have two follicles measuring 10mm and 11mm. I have to go back for another scan on cd 14. I have noticed a lot of ladies have produced more than two follicles and the size is much large at cd 11. My periods are irregular and my cycle is normally 35 days. Would there be a chance that my follicles would grow and is it normal just to have two? Help plz advise.