Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
frequent sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

frequent sex

I am Annie, 30 yrs old and trying to conceive since 2 months. I have consulted my doc and she says its just a couple of days that are most fertile in the monthly cycle during my ovulation when we need to have sex in order to get pregnant. rest days does not matter. But I have been worrying as I have heard we should have frequent sex and almost every day in a month except the days when we get periods to have successful pregnancy. please suggest
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Frequent sex is helpful but if a woman has sex during ovulation there are high chances of conceiving. Ovulation predictor kits can help determine when you ovulate. A sperm can live for up to 5 days in the uterus and that is why a woman can get pregnant if they ovulate within 5 days after intercourse. It is best to consult your gynecologist about your fertile period. Do write to me again.
Best wishes and regards!