Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
geritol and clomid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

geritol and clomid

has anyone ever used clomid along with geritol and got preggers??? I am currently taking my 4th round of clomid and am reading so much about geritol and fertility. has this ever worked for anyone??? success stories please.
That's a new one for me! Wow, Geritol? I have always been on prenatals, so taking both would be too much. But, I will definitely check out Geritol references. Thanks!
Never heard of that but I hope it works if you decide to do it!!! SSBD to you !
Yes, I've heard it said that Geritol "Has a baby in every bottle!"  I had forgotten about that.  Thanks to your post, I'll be buying some tomorrow.

My af and i had been trying to have a baby for over a year now and i read a few postings about geritol and how it's amazing at producing babies so I went and bought the tonic *btw, it's disguisting!* but i took it (just chase it down with something to overpower that taste) and a month later I had a positive preg test!!! i can't say for sure it was the geritol, but when you've been trying for so long, and something finally raises your chances, you have to wonder. I think it's worth a try. Try it for a month, take a test and if it's still neg keep doing it. They make it in a vitamin too so if you can't stand the tonic (to which I don't blame you) it'll still get down. Remember, either way, it's good for you so try it and let us know how it works for you! best of luck!!!
yes i am a true believer in geritol and so is my family. i had been trying to get p for years and then my granny told me about the geritol and i took it for about amonth and it worked. my son is now 4. also i tried it again last year and it worked but i had a miscaarriage so now i started taking them again last month and my period is 3 wks late although my pt says neg:( so try the geritol it worked for me twice. i hope it works this time. good luck
I am keeping my hopes up this month but if nothing happens I will try it... definitely thank you for the post.  

to add to that, one of the ladies here got PG with "Agnus Castus" in a month she said she bought them somewhere in th UK.  I am guessing it's available anywhere - health stores?
Is Geritol samething as Prenatel vitamins? Should I switch from Prenatel vitamins to Geritol? I did my 2 rounds of clomid and didn't get O..Did anyone had O because of Geritol?

Thanks!
what the heck is agnus castus? i'm willin to try just about anything lol :-)
u still there?
yes..
no geritol is a multi vitamin
wanna chat?
Oh, so then how does it help to get PG, do you know?
i dont know. all i know is it worked for me
i have pcos and its hard for me to get preg but it worked for me twice
i started taking them again last month and now my cycle is 3 wks late i took about 5 pt and they all say neg. but i am still hopeful
Would you please be very specific about this vitamins and how it works for you? did you all the sudden start having the regular cycles after taking these vitamins? Did you start O after every cycle? Did you get pregnant?

RE: Agnus Castus
I sent a message to one of the ladies here and luckily she responded she said.......

This is exactly what we did.

I took:
50mg of clomid from day 2 till day 6
I took a herb called agnus castus
I took a multi vitamin especially for someone trying to concieve (conceive) and the first trimester
My husband took:
The same multi vitamin
A herb called tribulus tesseris (for testosterone)

We BD at least every other day, if not more. I did have light mood swings from the clomid, it was my first round, we're very lucky. I wish you the best of luck xxxxx
thank you
well each time i took the geritol i never got my period again i got pregnant, like now i've been taking them for about a month and i haven't seen my perod yet.although i've taken tests that say neg.but my periods 3wks late. im not saying that geritol is some kind of miracle i just know that it has worked for me. and i started taking them after i had a period , i don't think it matters when you start,i just take one a day everyday. i hope this helps:-) good luck and lots of baby dust to you
So when you were pregnant, did you have a baby?
And u know, with PCOS you don't really have regular periods, or did you have them? Cuz I don't get periods myself, I have to take Provera to induce a period...
but if I start to take geritol tomorrow, it might work and might not..plus, how would i know if I can take these vitamins with Metformin pills ? I guess it shouldn't matter, cuz they multi but still..
yes i have 2 kids and i was pregnant about a year ago but i had a miscarriage at 13 wks. i took geritol then and i took geritol with my son he is 4. and no my periods are not regular but mostly they do come every month. my doctor said that sometimes i may have a period and still not ovulate.  i dont take any fertility medicine because i cant afford it.
i wish i could help you more but i don't have a clue when it comes to fertility pills and all but its only a vitamin so it shouldnt hurt. although you should ask your doctor first. good luck
Thank you for all your advice...
Unfortunately, my periods are very irregular and they come maybe once in 3-4 months and no Ovulation, of course....
Im glad you have 2 kids, I wish I can get preg with one :)
I called my doc and left a message about vitamins, let's see what he has to say about it...Im eager to go and by it and start taking though cuz I am about to do anything to get pg....Metformin is not a fertility drug but a drug that supress the insulin level to produce too many follicles in ovaries (that's what PCOS is for me)..
so did you O before taking Geritol?
Do you know why you m/c last time?
no i dont know why i m/c. my doc was a real jerk and he just said it happens ,yes of course i switched docs. i guess i did o before taking the geritol, i never really paid attention to my body and o up until now. i just remember the last time i conceived i had started the geritol a little after i had a period and then i didn't get the next one. like now  i started taking them about a month ago after i had a period and now my period is 3wks late.although every test i take says neg. but i dont know what to believe cause the last time i was preg my blood test said neg and i really was preg. so i guess i just have to wait and see. can you tell me where i can get some of that metformin or do i have to have a prescription? oh and by the way it took me 5yrs to conceive my son now 4yrs old, i had lost hope and then i tried the geritol and got preg.im not saying that its a miracle in a bottle but i just found it funny for me to have been trying so long and then all of a sudden it happened. so i do call him my miracle baby:-)  so dont get discouraged , just keep trying and im sure you'll have one on the way soon. good luck and lots of baby dust to you:-)
HI IAM AM A 30YR OLD WOMAN WHO IS TRYING TO CONCEIVE. I HAVE JUST FINISHED MY FIRST STEP, TAKING PROVERA. NOW SECOND STEP IS TO WAIT ON MY CYCLE TO COME. THEN THE LAST STEP IS TO START CLOMID FOR 5 DAYS AFTER THE FIRST DAY OF MY CYCLE. PLEASE REMEBER I AM A DIABETIC I ALSO TAKING  METFORMIN AND I HAVE BEEN TAKNG GERITOL. HOPEFULLY IM ON THE RIGHT TRACK AND I GET PREGNANT. WHAT DO U THINK?
IAM 30 OVER WEIGHT AND TTC FOR 1 YR IAM CURRENTLY ON MY 2 CYCLE OF CLOMID I HAVE PCOS AND ENDO .. IAM ON 150 MG OF CLOMID AND 1500 MG OF METPHORMIN ONE OF MY REALLY GOOD FRIENDS TOLD ME TO TAKE GERITOL SHE SYS AS SOON AS SHE TOOK IT BAM ! SHE WAS PREGGO .. SO IVE BEEN ON IT SINCE WISH US LUCK!!!!! IAM THINKING POSTIVE TRYING NOT TO STRESS AND CLAIMING MY LIL PRINCE OR PRINCESS .. THE FIRST OF THE NEW YEAR POSTIVE ENERGY EQUAL POSITIVE RESULTS ;)) BABY DUST TO ALL OF YOU TRUST ME I KNOW THE STRUGGLE ...  WE WILL ALL BECOME HAPPY MOMMYS SOON .. p.s my doctor told me changing my diet will help as well to ive been eating less and trying to excerise at least 30 mins a day .. doing a full detox no drinking (not even wine) and no 2nd hand or 1st hand smoking .. not gonna let bad habits stand in my way of having my angel ...stay positive ladies ...  
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers