Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
getting pregnant after having copper IUD removed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

i had my copper IUD removed on 1/28/08. my period started 1/21/08. i am just wondering if i could become pregnant immediately after having it removed? using a ovulation calendar on the net, iguess i should have been fertile 2/2 - 2/5.  
Usually it's take about 6 months for your body to recovery from IUD.  I have IUD implanted in 4/01 and took it out 7/07.  I tried to conceive since but unsuccessful.  The Dr. said usually your body have to adapt without IUD then when you cycle normal you should able to track down your ovulation and so on... depends on each woman, but in my case, i have tried since 7/07.  

good luck to you
I had my copper iud removed 2/8/08, became pregnant by April, miscarried on 4/28/08... Don't know if it's related to my previous IUD use, but the doctor says m/c's are VERY common, so I doubt it had anything to do with it. I'm still TTC, so we'll see what happens. Did you get pregnant after all, or are you still trying? Just curious. Thanks...
I had my IUDs in for 17 years. could having an IUD for that long make the body need longer to recover / return to fertility? I worry that having had an IUD for that long plus being 41 could make it very hard to conceive. Thank you all for any input.
Yes it is very possible.  I had my IUD removed in October and I was pregnant in January.  So just stay positive.  
I had the paragard in for almost 10 years when I had it removed end of September.  We have been trying to since to have a baby... All my preg test come back neg but my periods have been very light and only 2 days since January and my belly is growing... Help what is going on with my body.
My hubby n I are trying to get pregnant with baby number 2 so the last day of my period was 10/8/11. I had my paragard IUD removed on 10/10/11 but was told I could get pregnant because I had unprotected sex the morning before 10/09/11 and should start taking prenatal vitamins. My hubby n I are still having unprotected sex but I’m starting to feel cramping every now and then, it’s been happening for the last couple of days. I’m not suppose to get my period for another 2 ½ weeks. The last 3 days I’ve been waking up with a weird taste in my mouth. Could I be pregnant already? When can I take a pregnancy test?
I got my iud may 2007 and I got it  taken out December 2011 I don't have any kids and wondering if  I can't get pregnant cuz it's been a whole yr of trying and not pregnant
have you concieved yet.
I am having this exact same problem. This has been going on since February for me and I also have taken five pregnancy tests, all negative. I read on another page that I may not be ovulating, but I'm hoping that response was incorrect. Regardless, I am contacting my family practitioner today and setting up an appointment to find out what is going on with all this. Good luck to you and chin up, you are NOT alone :D
I had my iud removed in march 2013 and had it in for 4yrs been trying since removal still not preg and periods are normal, should I worry?
Iv ad my IUD Paragard for 8yrs n just took it out. I heard from the dr that id b prego right away. Iv had unprotected sex with my husband and its only been 2 months but still no pregnancy. Gonna keep trying...
Hi all,
Thought id just comment. I'm having my copper TT 380 took out in 2 days on Wednesday 6th November 2013.
I had mine fitted Thursday 26th September 2013. I'm having it took out due to on going problems with it and me and my partner have had a change of mind and want to start trying for baby number 1. :) I hope we can conceive the first time trying. I give my hope and luck to all you soon to be
mommy-to-be's! Lots of baby dust to all and myself! :) Also my partner got his job Thursday and its his first day today. So hopefully that's the start to our future. :) Many best wishes and I hope you all keep updated.
Hi all I'm just updating.. I just had my copper coil took out a couple of hours ago. It's such a relief having it out. Period is due today. No sign of it just yet. Nurse did a pregnancy test but it was negative. Hopefully in a couple of weeks me and my partner will start trying for our baby number 1 :D good luck everyone. Loads of baby dust!
I  had my copper iud taken out  September 23rd of this year, got pregnant immediatly but unfortunately miscarried after implantation stage and then again which also happened again after implantation. I am worries that I could have permanenet damage in my uterus. Has anybody sufferd with this then gone on to have healthy pregnancies?
Hi, I am scheduled to have my copper IUD taken out next Wednesday and my biggest fear is to have a miscarriage right after. My husband and I will be trying for our second baby now and hopefully it will be a success. Especially because our 4 1/2 year old son I think is more excited then we are about having a another child. Is it very likely to miscarry right after removal of the IUD??
HI,
i had my paragard removed on the 12th of this month had unprotected sex with my boyfriend, got my period the next day, my last day on my period was may 19 and continued to have unprotected sex what are the chances of me getting pregnant???? please help!!