Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
green tea,vitex,prenatal vitamins

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

green tea,vitex,prenatal vitamins

ive been taking vitex,drinking 1 cup of green tea each day and taking prenantal vitamins..oh and working out. is all this good to do if ttc
I know prenatal vitamins are great to take all the time! They help nourish your body for healthy reproductive organs. I used to take Vitex, I heard its great. But it works so slow. On the up-side... im a little embarassed, it made me want to B.D ALLL the time. I stopped taking it when my previous marriage ended. I have no idea about green tea..?
Avatar n tn
HI i think green tea contain caffeine just like a cup of coffee,but what i read that, high in protein and low in carbs can help....good luck and a lots of baby dust to you
Avatar n tn
I've read somewhere that the caffeine in green tea is actually good for TTCers.  It supposedly stimulates the follicle more.  I take vitex, which has helped to regulate my period, and I take prenatal vitamins, which has made me seem healthier, and I drink green tea, which relaxes me. Hope this helps.
Avatar n tn
Don't mind me for asking but have you all been trying for a while? and are any of you wanting the first child?  I got married last May and I'm 32, but it's been about 9 months of trying for my husband and I.  Very frustrated at this point, but not giving up.  
Avatar n tn
I read that grean tea is good to take when ttc.  I drink about 2 - 3 cups of day at work.  I gave up caffeine and substituted with the grean tea.  You can also drink decaffinated.  I take prenatals too so hope we have good luck.
Avatar n tn
I'm 23 and have been trying for 2 and a half years.  Doctor's think I'm not ovulating every month.  We are trying for our first child.  Just remember you are not alone.  Sticky baby dust to you!!
Avatar n tn
Oh, and the green tea did nothing for me and I was drinking the no caffeine version to the point where I could've burst!!  I use FertileCM and that works wonders for me.  It's one of those things where I think every woman has to try pretty much everything because it doesn't always work the same for each person.  But I know when I take FertileCM, I have EWCM my entire cycle!  Someone else (sorry, I don't remember who) also suggested grapefruit juice.  I used that when I ran out of my pills and was waiting for them to arrive and that did work for me too!!
Avatar n tn
I just ordered some Vitex today.  What the heck.  Might as well give it a try....it's cheaper than all the OPKs and HPTs I've purchased!!  LOL
Avatar n tn
the amount of caffeine in green tea is quite low, much lower than in any other kind of tea (other than white tea) and even lower than in a can of soda.  it does not have the detrimental effects that other caffeine containing products do.  the anti-oxidants in it are supposed to be beneficial to reproductive organs and help with cm.

you shouldn't be exercising too much, 3-4 times a week for at least 20 minutes should be fine. and of course pre-natal vitamins are good (my in-laws are both doctors and they say that pre-natal vitamins are the best multi-vitamin for every woman).
Hey, I got married last May too, what was your date? Mine was May 28!! We just started ttc :) good luck to you :)
Avatar n tn
Hi, I got married on May 28th (Memorial Day weekend)  How about you?  Baby dust to you and everyone here.  I'm enjoying this website very much.  
I'm doing pretty much the same but i just started so i cant say if it all helps or not but i sure hope so.
Green Tea is good for TTC. But do not drink it after ovulation. Once you ovulate switch to decaffiniated tea. Green Tea can get in the way of implanation.

In my experience I stopped taking prenatals and started taking regular one a day vitamins and I got PG the next cycle. So did one of my friends.