Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
green tea
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

green tea

Anyone know anything about green tea and fertility?   are there any studies?   How about patients with endo, any benefit there?  
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I don't know about green tea and fertility, but I do know that green tea is not good for you once you get pregnant and during your first trimester, especially. There is a chemical in green tea that prevents the absorption in the folic acid (prenatal vitamin). In other words, the green tea decreases the efffectiveness of the folic acid, which is vital for preventing neural tube defects (spina bifida).
Blank
295468_tn?1217600338
Green tea helped me with fertility...the month I got pregnant with my daughter I gave up coffee for green tea. This past month I made a point to drink more green tea and less coffee (I also gave up white carbs and only eat whole grain)...now I am 5 weeks and 2 days!!  Don't know what the research says about fertility, but it worked for me!  I gave up green tea once I got my BFP!!  
Blank
374593_tn?1257883550
Wow, thats amazing!!! i tried the giving up caffine completely (besides an occasional Dr Pepper!) last month and no luck : (   In the past i've been such a caffine junkie since i have a crazy job! I was thinking about trying out green tea instead! I am going to get this cyst taken care of and maybe i'll give it a try for a little while, up till the week before AF is due, incase i do get lucky! Thanks!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...