Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
had a tubal ligation procedure now i need to have the SIS procedure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

i really need advise. i have had every procedure and surgery to try to figure out why i am not getting preg. my fertiliy dr said there is 1 more procedure that is left and that is the saline sonogram... the last procedure i went and had done was 9 days ago and i went to my follow up and the radiologist stated that there was a little something at the begining of my tubes a possible pollup or fibroid. but my fertility dr said he cleaned everything out on feb 28th and finds it impossible that anything grew back that quickly... but he stated that the sis procedure needs to be done just to clarify and confirm if there is anything... i am very frustrated due to all the surgeries and procedures and going to the dr hearing about my age which is a factor and i will be 40 in july, i hear about doing the ivf in which my ins will not cover, and to pay out of pocket it will cost $11,400 and that is not including the meds and one other thing which comes to the cost of an additional $1200.00. they take 2 payments.. i told him i cant afford that all in one shot and as of right know i have to take and continue to try the iui's that i have unlimited...but he is discouraging me like this will never happen and the other thing is he is telling me that my lining is a little thin and the most it thickens to is 7 or 7.5 and that is with the estrace ... i am so frustrated and need some advise. i was even considering to go to a different dr because he is making me angry .. for god sake i know how old i am and i dont have to keep being reminded and i read that 7 or a 7.5 for the lining is actually good.. i need some hopeful word... i have been so upset since my last procedure and i feel there is no hope...
For finding out about the growth at the beginning of tubes, you can get a hysterosalpingography done which  is a radiologic procedure to investigate the shape of the uterine cavity and the shape and patency of the fallopian tubes. It entails the injection of a radio-opaque material into the cervical canal and usually fluoroscopy with image intensification.

It is not very costly and can be done before pregnancy.

The other good option would be a hysteroscopy.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing