Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
heart burn?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

heart burn?

I have had heart burn the last two nights. I have 5 days til my period. Have any of u had heart burn before bfp? Is that a sign of pregnancy?
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and welcome,
Heartburn in pregnancy occurs because of changing hormone levels which affect the muscles of the digestive tract .Pregnancy hormones can cause the lower esophageal sphincter to relax leading to reflux of acids into the esophagus. Missed period is an earliest sign of pregnancy. Other symptoms and signs suggestive of pregnancy are enlarged sore breasts, nausea, mood changes, increased urine frequency etc.Wait for your periods. If you miss your periods take up pregnancy test. That will help in detecting whether you are pregnant or not. Do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Best luck and regards!