Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
hi

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

hi

Hi dear i have ultrasound yesterday and diagnose with hemorrhagic cysts .on my left ovary shows 4x4 cm with debris in it and septation... i had this pain on my left lower abdomen since 3 mnth and  frequent urination since 2 years ago... is it possible to concieve (conceive) in the future? Am i at risk for ovarian cancer..since we donot have history of ovarian cancer in our family..
Avatar_dr_f_tn
A haemorrhagic cyst of size 4 by 4 cm can be anything from a corpus lutela cyst, to chocolate cyst of the ovary or cancer. Hence you need further evaluation regarding the nature of the cyst. CT scan and tumour markers will help make a diagnosis. Consult your gynaecologist.
Hope this helps.
Definitely go see your gyn. Not freaking you out here, but I had a mass that turned out to be ovarian cancer even though they thought it was benign before I had it out.

There are no huge symptoms and there are no blood tests the confirm it. Don't dink around with abdominal pain of this nature.

Don't get me wrong, a HUGE percentage of ovarian masses are benign.  I have the opinion that its better to get checked out and get it taken care of than to sit and worry and risk your health.