Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
home pregnancy test after ivf possibly correct?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 1801-1854 comments:
Ok, I really wanted to wait till Sunday to try the first pregnancy test, but woke up this morning, and my first thoguht was that I didn't have to get up last night to go, so I went ahead and took the test today instead...

Faint (but DEFINATELY there)  POSITIVE hpt!!  I used first response home test.  I haven't even told the parents yet!!!  It is way too early in the morning!!!   We all also know that this doesn't necessarily mean I am for sure pregnant, but, it is a good sign to see such an obvious positive...  I am going to try to take a picture of it, as my phone just couldn't do it well enough...  That way I can email it to her later or something.  

I really hope this works for them.  It is so soon after transfer to have such an obvious positive, can't help but wonder if it is a multiple.  Time will tell!!!  

YAY!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone for letting me join in here.  It really helps to be able to read all your experiences, and learn from others that are going through the same thing...  :o))
PLEASE HELP ME ANYONE

I am home alone, I have blood pouring out of me, tons of clots and I am freaking out.  I have NO cramping.  I called the Doc he said 1 in 4 have heavy bleeding from the meds, but to meet him tmro at 8am for US.  Anyone out there have this happen and still go on with their pregnancy?  My transfer was 8/5, so I am just shy of 4 weeks from transfer.  PLEASE ANSWER, I don't know what to do.
Hello ladies

I wish all of you the best of luck . For those that are on the 2ww I know how it feels i was there a couple of months ago. I am planing on startin other cycle and was wondering if anyone have any med's they would like to sell. I need Bravelle and Menopur. If you could help please email me Thanks any little bit helps.
I would not wait till morning I would go to the ER :( so sorry to hear this and I am praying for you and the baby. I am actually going for my first BETA test tomoroow following a 6dFET 12 days ago
Hi Ladies,

I was so thankful to find this forum, it's comforting to hear from other women going through the same thing. It's very hard talking to my family since they didn't have these issues. We have been TTC for almost 4 years, I have PCOS and RA however, the main factor was my husband's MF infertility. He went through the biopsy and aspiration to retrieve sperm for IVF and ICSI. Our first round of IVF (06/13/11) I was very hopeful until I got my period the day before my BETA test :( but I decided to not take any time off in between so we started immediately preparing for a FET which was done on 08/19/11 and this time I am sooo optimistic I have taken several HPT and there has been a faint pink line on all of them but my BETA test will be tomorrow, I can't wait!!!

Financially we were luckier than most, out of the $40,000 cost for all of my procedures as well as my husband's we were only OOP $6500 which still put a strain on our budget but at least it was possible.

Thanks for listening :)

Oh no. That sounds terrifying. I'm so sorry that's happening.

I had some spotting early on and my doctor told me that cramping was the very bad sign to watch out for. without cramps, it may not be a miscarriage. that said, they did tell me if I had a strong flow of red blood, to call them. But hopefully the no cramping is positive.

I'll say a prayer for you and your little one too --  and cross all my fingers.

((((big hugs))))

I agree...even if your doctor is right and everything is fine don't wait till tomorrow get yourself to an emergency room now, if not just for the peace of mind!

OK, the ball is rolling! I have found and secured my egg donor. I am doing a shared cycle so i just have to wait until someone wants to share my donor. If there is anyone out there looking to share an egg donor in Toronto let me know. She is already approved at the clinic and has 1 child of her own and has donated 5 times. I wanted a proven track record! Email me if you are in the GTA and are interested....I want to get started ASAP!!!
Fantastic news! I'm happy you found someone so quickly. It is definitely meant to be. :)  Hope you find a co-recipient just as fast!
Ladies, I haven't posted on this site in a while as we all moved to another site... Wow, I am surprised and happy to see that there is a lot of positiveness again.  I am too in my 2ww with lots of symptoms that I am not thinking about.  Nausea, headaches, cramps, more saliva than usual and no bleeding etc.  I take my beta on 9/6.  Has anyone else been getting symptoms and if so, what symptoms.

Also, yes tests are more conclusing in the early a.m.
Hi everyone,

I am also on my 2WW right now and I am feeling so drained from it all. Actually the only thing helping is knowing that there are other people who know exactly what it feels like. It is so hard when you have fertility issues because it's not exactly the topic that you want to bring up to people, yet it is the only thing on your mind. I already have twin 3 yr old daughters who were through superovulation. I never thought that we would have to go as far as IVF but as things turn out we had to take that step and I have had a lot of trouble dealing with it all. The whole process was a little too invasive for my liking. Anyways, I am very bloated and feel like a period is coming...it sounds like a lot of people feel that way after having a transfer done. Anyways have any good tips on how to pass the time, or help with the bloating?
I got my first HCG Quantitive test today (Friday 09-02-11)I got a 24. My Dr said that's a positive. I will have another Test on Tues 9-6-11 because of the Labor Day weekend I have to wait till then. I hope my HCG count goes up.

Anyone else out there have a count close to this on your first positive?
i too am in my 2ww and getting my beta testing on 9/6.  debating whether to do a home pregnancy test sunday or monday.  the wait is killing me.  
Hi, I cheated and did a hpd one time and I thought I had a faint bpf.  I will keep you in my prayers in hope that all of us who are testing receive bfp tomorrow.  Keep me updated.
did the hpt.  bfn.  sad.  i will still go for blood tomorrow.  i will let you know.  you do the same.  sending good energy your way.
Gemini1965 switch over to this forumn as 90% of the ladies already did.  Good luck on your BETA.  I am believing and you should as well.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Fertility---Infertility---IVF/Future-Moms/show/1556287?personal_page_id=2145283
Just did my embryo transfer last Friday and anxiously awaiting the results! Does anyone know if a home pregnancy would be accurate if you have done IVF or is a blood test more accurate?
Also I have 600 units of Puregon and an unopened Lupron if anyone is interested in purchasing from me at a lower cost than what I actually paid.

Mel
To All,

Some of you may remember me from early July I had just completed my first attempt at IVF with two grade A embryos and it failed.  I was a complete mess!!!  i took the summer off to collect myself.  I started actupunture which i really like!  I have to embryos frozen and am in the middle of my 2nd attempt.  Today i had blood and sono and i should be scheduled by the end of this month for the transfer i will most likely find out today.  

I need help ....im trying to stay positive but i cant.  i thought i was ok mentally but i see myself going back to how i was a couple of months ago with my first attempt?  what can i do to stay posittive?  I did buy a yoga mat so maybe i can start that?  

i read all these posts and i just hate that we all have to deal with this and it's so annoying that for most of us including me this isnt something covered under insurance which just adds to the stress.    

what i do know is that without reading the responses on this board after my first failed attempt there was no way i would have gotten through it!!!  i appreciate any help i can get.  

wishing all of you the best!
Nicole
Haven't been on for a couple of weeks but I had some good news today that I wanted to share: I have another match for my egg donor!!! Haven't met with the doctor yet, I assume the next step is to get all of our cycles in sync and then off we go!!! I am so VERY excited again! Haven't felt this good in a while...being in limbo really sucked!
I am SO happy that things are working for you!!!  Wow...when will eveything start?   I am imagine that being in limbo did really suck.  Let me tell you though...once your are pregnant you still worry all the time.  Apparently that is what parenthood is all about lol.  Good luck to you!!!
I look forward to worrying for 9 entire months!!!! I just heard from the nurse. I will start taking BC pills to coordinate our cycles after my next period which is expected on Oct. 2, my donor's is mid October...the nurse says we are looking at a November retrieval...YAY!!!!! I CANNOT wait!!!! I am under extreme stress at work though so i am going to take 1 week if not 2 off after the transfer....I need to be stress free!!!

How far are you along now?? I have lost track of everything!
That's fantastic news!!! I can't wait either! :) xx
That is SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is wonderful wonderful news!!!!  I am doing really well...fantastic actually.  I will be 11 weeks pregnant tomorrow and so far the twins are doing really well.  They are measuring ahead of schedule length wise...I am 5'10" and my husband is 6'4" so I think we are making some tall kids :).  I had my last appointment with my IVF doc this week and I start with my regular OB and maternal fetal medicine soon.  This pregnancy is high risk (babies sharing a placenta) so we will be very closely monitored.  Instead of April 13th due date we are looking more like early-mid March.  I am hoping they stay put until then!  I will keep checking in b/c i am so excited to hear how you are doing!  
So glad everything is going so well! :-) It must feel so good to finally be able to move on to a regular doctor!!! And yes, i would agree, you are going to have some tall kidlettes!! I made sure my egg donor was short like me...5"3 (OK, so I gave her an extra 2 inches, I'm only 5"1!) but my sperm donor is tall...this way I figure my child'll be medium! LOL. Yes DO check in, i will be sharing my experience with a whole new set of gals in the 2WW but you and fearsome have been with me from the start and you MUST be here to read the GOOD news that I know I will have this time round!!
Oh we'll be stalking you and waiting to hear your good news -- that's for sure! xx
Hi Nicola718

How are you getting on? I am in the same situation as you, we did our first attempt of ICIS in April and unfortunately it did not work so this time I am having 2 frozen embryos transferred, i'm just coming to the end of my 2nd week of injections, next week I start my estrogen tablets for 2 weeks so I'm still a few weeks away from the embryo transfer,

have you managed to stay positive? any tips?
Hi titch

I thought i had already relied to this but i dont see it in the thread.  I apologize for just getting back to you.  My transfer is tomorrow, what about you.  Im trying to do accupunture and yoga to stay calm but with my work load i haent gotten to yoga in two weeks.   I took the next three days off from work and with the weekend that will give me 5 days to rest and really give this the best effort of working.  i never wanted anything so bad.   This time i havent told anyone....not that i told many last time but it's added pressure i dont need.  

i hope this will work for the both of us!!!!

good luck!!
nicole
Hi Nicole

How are you getting on? I had my Transfer on Monday so early days at the moment, I go back next Friday for a pregnancy blood test, its  a long wait!

when do you find out your results? I'm hoping we both get those positive pregnancy tests!

Best of luck

Gemma (Titch)
It's my first IvF attempt ... Tomorrow is my blood test but I cheated and did 2 HPT one yesterday night and another one tday in am they r both negative plus I have been cramping since yesterday pm.. No bleeding but I'm sad cz I think is going to come back negative... Any thoughts??
I have menupur left over. I don't think I am starting another cycle for another year. If you want you are more then welcome to have mine for free.
I am on my first attempt of IVF after 8 and half years of trying to have a baby. My husband and I started off thinking if it happens it happens...but it never did.. about 3 years ago I went to the doctor to find out why we were not having any luck. It was then that I found out I may have cancer and they had to do surgery to biopsy the mass. Luckily it was not cancer it was an endometria cyst (sorry spelling is probably wrong!) That is when I found out that I had stage 3 endometriosis. She did surgery to remove it and then we tried again for 3 months no luck. Then went on Clomid for 3 months. No luck. Finally went to a specialist and they again had to do surgery. I had my first IUI done last January. 5 days after I found out that my gall bladder was infected and might explode and had to have emergency surgery. They wanted me to terminate the pregnancy if I was pregnant to have the surgery. Well that was not going to happen so they ended up keeping me in the hospital until I could test. The test was negative so I went ahead with the surgery. My OBGYN decided to do the surgery again to clean me out. We tried after the surgery with no luck. He was shocked by how bad the endometriosis was and decided it would be best to try to do Lupron for 6 months and have the surgery for a third time. I did that and again tried IUI with no luck....Finally I was done and decided my last attempt would be IVF. This is a one shot deal for me. I do not have the funds to do anymore. I have spent over 20,000 this year alone. I only had 11 eggs, 6 mature, and only 4 were able to fertilize with ICIS. Transfer was done on the 2nd and I tested today and it was negative! Could the home test be right? I do not think I can handle it being negative...I need to have a hysterectomy because my endometriosis is eating through and tying all my organs in knots. I am so scared to know the results. Any thoughts?

hi b positive...i ws so fedup.i had 1 et on 3rd dec....done a test on 10th an 13th all negative....but today there s a faint line i m so happy.i m sure i will b happy tmrow aftr blood test result
tyegereye30....yes its too early my test ws negative after 9 days as well.today is 11 days nd still there s a faint line..so b psitive.it will hapn one day.gud luck to everyone
You are reading an old post by me...i am 5 weeks pregnant at the moment!!! I am happy you got a BFP!!
dont give up yet the hcg could have just left your system you can stil get a BFP think positive....I had my trigger the 6th of dec egg retieval the 8th tranferred the 10 th 1 perfect 2 almost perfect and 1 soso... I finally took at test otday becuase I developed acne like I was in 7th grade and got a faint positive took 2 mmore and also same result...I will test again in the AM keep your head up this is my first IVF cycle that has been completed first was cancelled due to no response to meds before that was 7 failed IUI.....best of luck Deanna....
Dear Deanna,

I had my egg transfer on the 9th and have to wait until the Friday 23rd to do my test its driving me crazy, what home test pregnancy test did you use? as i know that some are better then others??
Hi everyone 1st of all I just want to wish everyone goin thru ivf all the luck in the world, I am going thru it myself I had my egg transfer 5 days ago and I'm finding the 9days waiting torture I did a test today but it was negative but I have done it 4days early so I am still hoping and praying for the best. I have had very bad lower back pain for the paist 2 days and also pains in the bottom of my belly" does anyone no if this is normal and if so is it a good sign or a bad sign. The not knowing is driving me mad' merry Christmas to you all and god bless each and everyone of you" love Jane x
I had my first ivf transfer 2 weeks ago due to go in tomorrow for blood work pregnancy test, but I started slight period today so I took a HPT and it came back negative. I am so disappointed any chance it could be wrong!
Hi Tiff

Have you decided to have your hysterectomy yet?  I also have severe endometriosis.  My OBGYN didn't tell me what level it was, just that it was severe.  I have 2 endometrioma's on each of my ovaries.  I also thought I had cancer.  My OBGYN performed laproscopic surgery, because he was going to remove the endometrioma on my left ovary because it was too big and could rupture.  When he went in, he found I had severe endometriosis. He didnt remove the tumor because he knew I wanted to have children and he would not be able to just remove the tumor but would have to removed both ovaries.  So he just took off the scar tissue off of my bowel because it was severley stuck together with my other organs.  I then went to see an IVF RE.  She told me I had to go see an oncologist because they are the ones who deal w/ patients who have severe endometriosis.  The oncologist told me if there was no way he could go in and remove or drain the tumors.  He said I need a complete hysterectomy and need to think about doing it w/in the next couple of years because of the high chances I will get ovarian cancer :(  I have tried ivf twice with negative results.  I am thinking about egg donation because I desperately want to have a baby of my own.  Any advice or input you could give me would be greatly appreciated.  You are the 1st person I have heard that is trying to get pregnant who has endometriosis.  
How early did everyone find out that they were pregnant with twins after IVF?
Hi happy new year!!!

Is anyone interested in buying meds for IVF? I have a lot of left over and I am selling them for a reasonable price.

I had 2 IVF's and all were not successful. Occurred bleeding which causes miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy.

To all who are trying, may God be with you on this time and give you strength and hope.

And to all who are pregnant. Yay, congratulation!!! Truly, i am happy for you :)
what meds do you have?
Hi mtverhelst,

There are the list of meds I have:

1. Gonal-F multidose 450iu     = 5 boxes
2. Menopur 75 iu                    = 2 boxes (each box has 5 single dose vial)
3. HCG 10,000 u                    = 1 box of 10ml
4. Ganirelix 250ug/0.5ml         = 1 box
5. Endometrin (progesterone)
    vaginal insert 100mg          = 2 boxes (each has 21 insert)

All of them are sealed and in the box. I will also provide my syringes.

If you are interested, you can email me.

Have a good day.
hi Linda! i did my 5 day transfer on Jan 27th, sunday feb  the 5th ill go for my blood test. i been cramping and having brownish discharge for two days now. i was curious today on my seventh day after FET. did a upt and i see a fainted line omg i hope its true what im seeing because its my third cycle and i had laparoscopy done! Im sooo anxious to know the real deal. I wish u the best of luck in your too.
Hi there, please can you advise me if your blood test was positive.
I am so curious as I am on 12th day and did home pregnancy test this morning but it showed negative, could there really be a chance that it could be positive and the test wont reflect on day 12 or 13
please help me im on day 6 of my et and i dont have any symptoms at all i am worried this means im not pregnant :( has any1 else had this and still had a BFP?
hi im on day 9 after egg transfer and im not having any pregnancy symptoms at all im so worried this means the test will be negative on tuesday has any1 else felt completely normal after transfer up to the test day and had a BFP?
Had my Embryo transfer 3/6, blood drawn today( still waiting for results)... Took hpt yesterday and came out negative... I'm keeping my hopes up that I have the same case as you.... I'm so anxious don't know what to do
new to all this. have just completed 7th round of IVF with 3 blastocysts put back last wednesday.
Yesterday I did an early response test and it was negative. is this too early to test or am i being too hopeful.
i have a 3 year old through a frozen non blastocyst and have had 5 other unsuccessful rounds including 1 other frozen, 1 empty sac and a miscarriage at 12 weeks.
this is our final attempt and the test yesterday left me feeling so empty have told my husband it is game over.
any advice out there?
xx :?: :-(
do u still have ur meds for sale?
do u still have meds for sale?
Viewing 1801-1854 comments: