Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
hot flashes after ivf

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

hot flashes after ivf

hey, new to typing on a forum, but have been reading these since first ivf transfer in february. I am 41 and waiting out 2ww. I have had some night sweats since transfer, mainly this past weekend (7dpt), menstrual type cramps the whole time, but no spotting. Breast tenderness comes and goes; did read where pregnancy in general can cause hot flashes, but not sure this soon. would appreciate any input from anyone who may have experinced the same.
Good luck with your 2ww!!!  I hope it ends in a BFP.

Pregnancy symptoms vary across people.  Perhaps hot flashes is yours.  I did hear that lupron may cause hot flashes but you are in 2ww and those meds can not affect you at this time.
This last past transfer was my only one with hot flashes
they were in the day but they were intense
Progesterone in oil will raise your temp, just like if you ovulated and started secreting progesterone except during ivf your level is about 10 times that of a natural cycle.  I am always hot once I go on progesterone.  PIO can also cause breast tenderness.  Cramping is also common.  I get every pregnancy symptom in the book during my 2ww.  PIO along with estrogen can be responsible for a lot of pregnancy like symptoms.  
I had no hot flashes with any of my IUI treatments.  I think that I might have during my first IVF but maybe didn't link it.  But this last IVF before and after have been heck on me.  I have gained weight and have had to do all but a striptease at a couple of social functions.  My face would get red and my hair would get ringing wet.  I could tell that it was the hormones.  So embarrassing when you are trying to schmooze for business.  It looks like I have just gotten fat and am sweating - or are drinking too much.  It just isn't always appropriate to tell donors at a Museum party about your personal life.  My DH would have to take me home early (from my embarrassment) and I would cut the air up full force in the car and sit with my face in it.  Thursday is my 14th day from egg retrieval.  I have not had the hot flashes as much now.
THANKS for the comments, from all of the above responses, but my pregnancy test was negative. We will likely be doing donor egg with next cycle. It is so frustrating but I know we will have the baby we so desire.