Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
how long can sperm last in a condom, can someone become pregnant if the...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

how long can sperm last in a condom, can someone become pregnant if they implant the sperm up to an hour after sex?

How long can sperm live in a condom? if they were implanted into the woman an hour after intercourse, is it possible to get pregnant
Tags: Fertility
i dont think so it may depend on if there is a spermicide jel inside the condom and if oxygen gets to the sperm because if the oxygen gets to the sperm then i know they die fairly quickly.
can i ask why you are wondering about this? i mean wouldnt it make more sense to just leave the condom off before you have sex?? unless you are doing it without his knowledge? anyway by an hour the sperm would be dead. your chances are not good. if you both are ttc do it without a condom, makes more sense to me
Are you a man asking this because you left the condom in the trash and think she may be trying to get pg? If there's no spermacide in the condom it can live for a while inside, at least an hr or two. You can carry a sperm sample to a lab up to an hr after and it's still good. I would recommend taking it with you or flushing it afterward.
i have to say thank you for asking that question but i was sure if i should i doubt they will come back though now that they have been figured out:)
this does sound like a man asking.  this is my opinion, but either flush the stupid condom, or dont have sex with women that you think might try to become pg from a (ick!!) used condom. while most women should be trustworthy there are those that go on the maury povich show!
Maybe it IS the woman asking , hmmmmmmmmmmm
Might I add, And just what are you going to use to inject this sperm inside of you with ?????And what medical experience do you have to just know you going to inject the sperm inside of you correctly?????This has got to be the weirdest question I have ever replied to.

And as for what I know after the sperm becomes airbourne it is totally useless and after an hour im sure it was exposed to more than enough air to have killed the cells. Also it's not possible for a woman to just inject sperm inside of herself and become pregnant there is a percise area where the sperm cells have to be planted in order for this to work(thats why doctors get paid lots of money to do things like this)and unless you have the proper sterile equipment and a home ultrasoung machine PLEASE DONT TRY, YOU WONT GET A BABY, BUT YOU WILL GET ONE HELL OF AN INFECTION!!!
u say that when sperm gets exposed to light...or when it interacts with oxygen....the sperm is dead.....

What if i go and donate sperm....doesn't your sperm get exposed to light or oxygen ????
why the hell would you ask a question, as an answer to a question?? That makes no sense. This person didnt come on this board to get more questions and the third degree from you morons!!! A simple answer is all they are looking for, not nosey a$$ pinnocios like YOU people.
YOU CAN GET PREGNANT FROM SELF INSEMINATION.  I AM USING A DONOR AND SELF INSEMINATING.  IT DOES WORK.
Do you have your donor picked out? or are you recruiting additional suppliers? bet you have some cute Dr. all scoped out.

J
i dont think that its a dumb question.
me and my boyfriend have been together for a few years and i have wanted a baby for a while..
just the other day i was asking myslef that same question beacuse he doesnt want a baby right now but i do.. and since we use condoms... my options are slim too....
May89 it is COMPLETELEY wrong and it makes me sick that women would trap a poor man i no men are not innocent but it makes me sick that a women would think that way if i was ur bf and i found out u did that i would not trust you after that !

i am not judging the person whos thread this is as i do not no the full storey all i can say is i think your chances are slim
yes u can get pregnant as longd as the sperm is at the right temp wich is average body temperature 98.6- 100 but its less likley u have the skill to insert it in to ur vagina the right way sperm dies very quickley in the vagina because of the  thetemp in ur vagina so its less likley ur gonna get pregnant with out the rght tools for it go get to a doctor if ur that desperate
how long does a sperm stay liquid in a condom found one in the bin not sure if it was left over from me or my partner or hes been playin away
Well I was wondering the same question you see my hubby nd I are ttc but with one complication he has hpv and I don't we want to know if there is a way to conceive without me being any way exposed

Say sperm un-invitedly find its way into her chamber...working with the requisite temperature hypothesis..then I would imagine inserting some icicled condom inside the love chunnel should refrain further invasion?
Not in any defence- stealing sperm is wrong- but I'd like to share my experience. I was married for 5 years, left my past behind to build a new life witha man a worshipped- he made me two children in worst situation possible( assured it was fine then)- and left me alone to care for them. I was devastaed. I love my children more than anything, but it hurts to be left with them. So I decided not o have a devoted relationship anymore-only devote to my children. I am not so young, I want more children before I hit meno-time; and decided to simply find a guy I really like and have a kid. Well, I fell in love. He is wonderful, but bad past, and doesn't wan tot have kids afraid he won;t be able to be a good father. He's also leaving he country. I find it a waste. He should share his beauty, his character, pass it on. I do wan tot carry his child, without his presence if necessary. I just ACCEPT him as someone who's child I'd like to have. So, yes, I did the deed. It felt wrong- but thought of having another beautiful child, from a beautiful person. I'd love this baby and raise it as I have so far, alone, my other two. And I'd tell about its father. How I loved him so much I could never let go, even if it was a reminder of him. Its not OK to do stuff like this behind a guys back, but I believe if there's no intention involved of blackmail, extortion- but just to behold, its not so evil.
That is wrong on so many levels!  If he wants to be a donor, then so be it.  But doing that behind anyone's back is completely wrong.  If he doesnt want children, and you give him one intentionally without his knowledge, it is still his child.  Even if you dont need him there to take care of it, he is the daddy!!  Dont you think your child/children want a daddy?  There are many wonderful men out there who would love to have that title and be there for them.  Find one of them if you want another baby!! Or wait until this man is ready! Good luck to you.
Rubbish it is totally possible. How do you think lesbians self-inseminate!
me and my boyfriend want a baby but hardly see each other and he left me with sperm in a condom at body temp, is it possible for me to get pregnant?

ve been getting bad pains, feeling like im gonna be sick, and my boobs hurt plus my belly is getting bigger