Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
how long does it take to ovulate after clomid?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hey ladies, I know that many of you have taken clomid, about how long does it take to ovulate while taking it? I'm on my 2nd day of clomid, which makes it my sixth day on my cycle. I finally had my period, so my gyn put me on clomid. Can anyone help?
Karen
When I conceived my son, it was 12 days before I l ovulated after I stopped Clomid. But, when we started on Clomid again last cycle, it was more like 6-7 days later. I'm now 6 days past, and I haven't ovulated yet. I've heard it's anywhere from 5-10 days.  
when i took clomid i never ovulated on it...i took it for 4 cycles but usually people ovualte anywhere between cd12 to cd18 so hang int here and good luck.
I was on clomid and ovulated between CD 13 - CD15.  I been on clomid 3 cycles and ovulated about that time.

Depend on your cycles.

good luck
I was taking clomid cd 3-7 and O'd around cd 15-16.  Normally I O cd 13-14 so expect a late LH surge.  
I ovulate between days 14 - 16 on Clomid.  Use OPK's and check your LH surge.  You'll ovulate about 24 - 36 after you detect the surge.
I ovulated around cd 13-14 and af was not late for me.  I guess it's different for everyone.  
i ovulated on 14th day . but when i got pregnnat, it was a surprise because when i went in on day 14 to see if i ovulated on clomid, i wasnt ovulating so i lost hope for that month. well, i got pregnant that month. i must have ovulated later .
Thanks for your comments. I'm TTC currently, and I'm hoping for a positve. This one has been planned for... and I hope that I will be able to be a mother soon.  I thank you all for these comments. Looks like it's all over the place, but I'll start on the fun part. I have an appointment for the 7th of january to see if I ovulate. I hope so! I have no idea how my cycles run, it has been far too long since I have even had one, and then I finnaly had one starting on December 15 thanks to 400 mgs of Prometrium. So I started clomid three days ago, and I'm trying so hard not to drive myself bonkers trying to have a child. I hate this waiting thing. Well, looks like I have about a week or two. Wow...I can hardly wait.
I am about to take clomid soon,I am 31 w/no kids at this current time :( I am happy and nervous at the same time. Most of all I can picture me being a mother to a beautiful child, I am very eager. Best of luck to everyone.
Hello, I'm 21 years old, I first got pregnant when I was 17 I had an abortion unfortunately... I have been trying for the past 3 years with my husband (the same guy I got pregnant from the first time) I went to see 2 obgyn neither wanted to prescribe clomid. So I ordered clomid online from India. I just took my first cycle of clomid , and on the 6th day (1 day after finishing my last clomid pill)  I tested for ovulation and got a positive. Day #2 I tested again and got another positive... Something must be wrong ? How can I have ovulated so Fast? I have been trying to get some insight on this but can't seem to find anything online about my situation? Any suggestions/thoughts?