how many days after iui would you get pregnancy symptoms OPEN
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me when I should start to having pregnancy symptoms after iui. I am 6 days post iui and yesterday I started feeling naused. It woke me up during the night and I still feel the same today. I don't know if I have a bug or if is maybe a sign. I also took 10,000 units of HCG trigger shot but it has been 8 days since I had shot so I don't know if that could be it. Please HELP!!!
Ideally an IUI should be performed within 6 hours either side of ovulation — for male factor infertility some doctors believe after ovulation is better, otherwise chances of success are higher with insemination before ovulation with the sperm waiting for the egg. When timing is based on an hCG injection, the IUIs are usually done between 24 and 48 hours later. Typical timing would be to have a single IUI at about 36 hours post-hCG, though some do it at 24 hours, and some clinics are reporting better results when doing the IUI at 40-42 hours post-hCG. If two IUIs are scheduled, they are usually spaced at least 12 hours apart between 24 and 48 hours after the hCG. Some reports show no increase in success rates with two IUIs, but others suggest it may increase success as much as 6 percent.
Some doctors will base timing of IUI on a natural LH surge. In that case, a single IUI at 36 hours is the norm, but doing them at 24 hours is also pretty common since ovulation may be a bit earlier. When two inseminations are planned, they are usually timed between 12 and 48 hours after the surge is detected.
The egg is only viable for a maximum of 24 hours after it is released.
Thanks for the stats! It all seems pretty complicated! I think I will wait and see what happens in two weeks and if I need to do another IUI it's probably best to be tested by my Fertility Dr for exact timing for the next IUI...then again, I'm trying to stay positive that the first try was a home run ;)
1 day passed iui and all im hearing in this forum is BFN doesn't give me any hope.  I am 30 and this is my first time.
I bought an ovulation kit this month from CVS pharmacy that was there generic brand.  It sucked!  I couldn't even open the packets without scissors.  I couldn't read it either.  They never looked the same but I felt like I was ovulating.  I ended up skipping this month's IUI because I wasn't sure when I was actually ovulating.  I have used the Clear Blue Easy ones and like them much better.  We will try again next month.

Good luck with your first time!

sagebrush
HELLO EVERYONE,
I AM 8 DAYS PAST IUI AND YESTERDAY WHEN I WENT TO THE RESTROOM I HAD SLIGHT BROWN DISCHARGE AND RIGHT NOW IN THE RESTROOM I HAD LIGHT PINK DISCHARGE AND MY BACK HURTS ALMOST FEEL LIKE AF IS COMEING BUT NOT TO START AF TIL THE 30TH.......ANY IDEAS ON WHATS GOING ON WITH ME CAN A IUI MAKE AF START SOONER?????
PLEASE RESPOND....
Well this was a big let down!  All BFN, huh?  I guess it's been a bad week for most of us.  I went back to the dr today and started another round of Clomid.  They said they saw a cyst on my ultrasound that could possibly be from an egg last cycle.  Has that happened to anyone else?  Also, they said if I don't get pregnant this time (and I'm thinking that's probably the case) I should go have my tubes checked.  Anyone been through that?  My problem was just supposed to be PCOS.  Testing tubes scares me!!  I'm starting to feel like I'm just going through the motions of all this, but not expecting any results.  
I am 13dpiui and on the 26th day of my cycle and I still have not gotten AF.  In 14 or 15 months of tracking my cycle it has never gone past 26 days...HPT's are all BFN, but where is AF then??  I had very light spotting 10dpiui...maybe that was implanation bleeding?  I am hopeful :-)

To all that got BFN and AF...I'm so sorry, but don't give up hope.  If you give up hope, what else is there...just "the hole" (depression) and that's never good.  You just have to pick yourself up and try again.

Jenny909 ~ maybe that is implantation bleeding?  I'll say a prayer for you that it is.

I'm with Michelleinhawaii, that's implantation bleeding!!!  So exciting, you should be very hopeful that this is your month!

Michelleinhawaii, will you have a beta next week if still no AF and BFNs?  Not knowing is always the worst, especially when you have more hope each day.  I know I've said this, by I don't get my positive HPT's until AF is a few days late, so it's totally plausible that you just don't have enough HCG in your system to get a BFP. I hope I'm right:)

To all:  
I just wanted to add the the OPK conversation.  I buy dip stick tests, both opk and hpt, from earlypregnancytests.com  They are super cheap, come in combo packs and I have found them to be very reliable.  I think my last order was around $20 and I got 15 opks and 5 hpts.  Just a cheaper option to get your testing done...
I've been around for the past week, reading and I've posted twice.  I'm 8 days past IUI and and I  get AF on d 11.  I'm so depressed, I tend to get emotional and a breakout on my face when I'm going to get AF-which I have all of the above.  This is my 3rd IUIwith infectables and I feel that I"m at the end of the road.  I can only afford 1 IVF-b/c then I really have to consider the cost of adoption.  I know that this week was not good for a lot of you, and I hate adding more depression out there.  But right now I feel so alone, no around me knows what to say anymore.  I can't look at pregnant friends/people without my heart hurting...
Laura, I totally hear ya.  I know I am supposed to be happy for others, and to be honest - I AM - it's just hard to think "that will never be me."  I'm having a lot of trouble with the "no one talk to her about babies" thing.  Why??  Do you think I'm going to go all psycho??  LOL!  But also, my brother wants kids really badly.  He JUST met this girl and decided to get married so they could have children.  Nice, right?  Anyway, my husband and I have been together for nine years, married for four (in a few weeks) and even though I KNOW it's wrong... I keep thinking "If he has kids before I do, I'll die."  I'm kind of sick of feeling guilty over this too.  

Thanks for all the positivity everyone.  It makes it easier to go around again!!  :)  Take care everyone & have a nice three day weekend.  Unless you're in the 2WW, in which case, I won't waste my breath!  ;)
Hello again! Since I'm so new on this thread, I must ask a dumb question regarding terminology. I keep ready "BFN" what does this stand for?
On a side note, all I can tell everyone, is that do not give up hope! It' so easy to get down about everything, I know this first hand! I am almost 42, have had the worse track record in the love department. Always wanted a loving Husband and a home full of beautiful, fun kids. It just hasn't worked out that way. I have spent a lot of time down in the dumps doing the "why not me" dance but decided to get out of that hole and do something about it. I truly believe that if you stick to it, something that you want so badly WLL happen!!! I hope baby dust is spread over all of us ;)
I REALY HOPE ITS IMPLANTATION BLEEDING!!!!!
BABYDUST TO EVERY ONE.....
BFN stands for "Big Fat Negative"
Thanks for clearing that up! Had a feeling it stood for something not so good. Here's hoping that we read fewer "BFNs" on this sight!

Well, it's 14dpiui and still no AF...I'm offically "late", but still got a BFN.  I guess I'm gonna wait it out this weekend to see if AF comes.  if she doesn't I guess I will call the dr. on Tuesday to see what this is all about.  very strange...
Thanks for the support.  I can totally relate to your situation with your brother. My friend just got married in Oct. and she's 4 mos preg!  I can't stand it-even though I'm happy for her-it's hard to look at her.  I've been married for 7 years in June, ttc for 2 years-and the rest I'm sure you can relate to! :)  As much as I used to love this long weekend-the 2ww will be the death of me!!  lol  Enjoy yours!!

michelleinhawaii-i hope the long wait is worth it-good luck!
not sure where your from but check local trade schools in your area because i found 1 in ct where i live and it is people going through training for massage therapy and it only costs $20 since they are still in training. feels just as good as a licensed therapist. hope that helps. i had my 1st iui this morning and i had 1 follicle and she said it appeared to have just released the egg . maybe more if they were quick to release. had the trigger shot done in office after the iui and now i have to wait 18 days.
HELLO EVERYONE!
WELL TODAY I HAD A SLIGHT BRIGHT RED DISCHARGE WHEN I WENT TO THE RESTROOM. IT ONLY HAPPENED ONCE AND NOT AGAIN FOR THE WHOLE DAY. ALSO MY ENTIRE BODY ACHES! I FEEL LIKE IM GETTING SICK, EVEN MY EYES ARE SOAR! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO MAKE OF THIS. ANYONE HAVE ANY THOUGHTS?

(((BABYDUST TO ALL!!!)))
I must admit I'm a little jealous of Jenny909 and her implantation bleeding, as I have not had any:(  My symptoms have really only been some serious pimples, but it started around the time of the HCG trigger, so could it be from that?  Has anyone experienced that?  I can't believe I have to wait at least another week!  

Hey michelleinhawaii, still not af?  I'm pulling for you:)
HELLO, IM NOT EVEN SURE I HAVE IMPLNTATION BLEEDING...I HOPE THATS WHAT IT IS.....AND EVERYONE BODY REACTS DIFFERENT SO DONT WORRY!!!!