how many days after iui would you get pregnancy symptoms OPEN
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me when I should start to having pregnancy symptoms after iui. I am 6 days post iui and yesterday I started feeling naused. It woke me up during the night and I still feel the same today. I don't know if I have a bug or if is maybe a sign. I also took 10,000 units of HCG trigger shot but it has been 8 days since I had shot so I don't know if that could be it. Please HELP!!!
well at least you dont have to wonder for 2 more days... :(  I really think the wondering might cause more stress, for me at least it does.  I wish i was one of those people who could do this and then forget about it until 2 weeks later, and then be happily surprised...but i'm so not.  You seem like a very strong person and i hope i can carry myself with as much strength as you throughout this process.  My thoughts are with ya and I hope this next try will be your last in that it works :)

PS I actually started my injections on day 4.  My doctor told me that 3-4 are ok to start but day 5 would be too late.  So i think you'll be fine for day 3. Good luck! wishing everyone lots of baby dust...
you are exactly right! that first day im a mess. cant talk to anyone without breaking down and say really really dumb rude things i dont mean to people about pregnancies. last month my cousin who is preg called me and i went on a ramble about not being able to be friends with my friends who are pregnant...by the next day i am "normal" whatever that means these days. I never literally never think i will be pregnant and this month i had that extra folli i hadnt had before so i think i deep down thought this could be it. anyhow it is what it is right. one more month and i honestly dont know what to do after that. my cousin melissa just had her baby last night. it was her 2nd, both fmo ivf with just putting one egg in, shes 45 her hub is 40 with low motility. it makes me think if me and the hub are 32 and 35 with nothing wrong how could we not get preg then but man thats a $15000 gamble.

greengal79- thank you!!! peole always tell me im strong and sometimes i wonder if iam or just dont let them see the craziness inside me. either way ill survive, another kiddo or not. somedays i dont think i will but i have to try to belive itll happen. sometimes i just feel like ive lost all hope but then someone else on here gets a BFP...hopeflly thatll be you this month...good luck!
TO: bfromthed
Thanks, girl! That is the hardest thing...that there is a plan but we don't know what it is. Trusting God and having faith. He who began a good work in you withh be faithful to complete it. (Phil 1:6) It's what get me through on those tough days.

TO: greengall79
I'v always had my u/s on day 5. But I'm not doing injections...yet. lol

TO: peanut17
You are so right. I am happy to have all of you...no one else understands nor do they want to really hear about it. You know? After a while it gets old...but this is my whole life right now and it's not old to me. lol So I'm glad to have the wonderful support from this forum.

TO: jammilyn
Girl, you are not alone. Yesterday was my break down day...I was just a mess, stayed in my pj's all day and was a huge grump. Doubted whether I was meant to be a parent or not...and tortured myself with watching Marly and Me and the Baby Mama...why did I do that? lol This morning I'm a new woman. lol Ready to do battle again. We all go through it. *hugs*

TO: ALL
So we are now thinking I might have had a chemical pregnancy this month. ***** to even think about it. Friday night I had some light spotting that immediately went away, then nothing. Saturday nothing until around 10pm...spotting more than Friday but then it goes away. This morning a little bit and then nothing. I'm getting off my progesterone today, so hopefully that will help so I can move on. Ready for the dreaded AF to hurry up and get this over with.
Like I said to jammilyn, yesterday I was a mess. Just disappointed. Today I feel much better, but I am struggling with a few things. I'm wondering, have any of you had a bit of resentment toward your husband? I feel so bad and I know we are going through this together, but at the same time it's different for both of us. He has only had to hand over sperm samples whereas I have been poked and prodded and now face surgery. It's not his fault and I know that but I can't help getting grumpy over it.
I'm also wondering...with his poor sperm morphology, what are our real chances of success with IUI? Is this just a game of chance and we didn't luck out this time, or are we just grasping at something hoping it will work? I'm wondering if moving on to IVF is a better option. I know it sounds kind of early after only one IUI cycle, but I'm just curious.
I already have this summer off and I am already facing surgery, so why not? Our chances are higher and they could do ICSI to insure a good sperm fertilizes the egg.
I dunno...maybe I'm thinking too much into this, but still. I can't help but wonder if there is some more aggressive way to go about this. What do you guys think?

On a lighter note...I hope everyone has a great 4th of July...BFP or BFN!! Enjoy your time with your friends and family and for one day forget about all this!!!
on the resenting husband note: every now and again i do too. He will say something about all the "stuff" we've done. I'm like dude, I do all the work you give a donation one time a month in a cup. You get laid all the time, this has been the best 2.5 years of your life...me however...im tired lol!!!! anyhow, i just spoke to my mom who made me kind of gung ho IVF. I think if my next iui doesnt work i may just do one round of IVF. it def scares me to spend so much money and it not work but go big or go home right?! i can at least say i tried everything when all is said and done.
side note, the dr office did call me back today and said to come in tomorrow (day 3) so i will have bloodwork and u/s and start again..
Well that makes me feel less like a jerk! lol Thank you for sharing :)
You are exactly right, while they are going through some of the emotional stuff with us, the physical is all on us! I'm tired too but I know I need to stick it out because we will have a family one day.
IVF scares me a bit too, but the chances are so much higher with it. Plus once you do one round, you will have left over eggs for another round if this one doesn't work. Second IVF isn't the same as first. I'm really interested in this as an option and I plan to discuss it with my doctor this week (hopefully tomorrow but if not, soon! lol)
What made you so gung ho about it?

I just called my doctor's nurse (she is a saint!!) and I'm waiting to hear back about the progesterone. They told me to take it until I got the BFP or AF. Neither has actually happened. I've had some spotting that comes and goes but nothing like a real period. I'm wondering is the progesterone is keeping me from getting AF.
Glad your doctors office is able to see you tomorrow. :)
I just wanted to say that although you had a chemical pregnancy, it is a good sign that things were starting to work.  Especially since it was your first IUI.  In the end, you have to make the decision as to next steps, but don't give up!!!!!!
I too felt the frustration with my husband over his sperm.  Not only was his normal morphology low but his total motile was less than half the average.  He was in such denial about his lil soldiers.   Saying they were fine, even after the dr gave us the results.  He heard what he wanted, "you can get her pregnant", and i heard all the important stuff.  It wasn’t until we got a copy of the report where it showed his results next to the average and he saw how low his were in comparison.

So he then decided to change his ways :)... dr recommended theralogix, vit C and E and to stay clear of alcohol and caffeine (as those are 2 big items that can affect morphology).  Dr said that the abnormal sperm will not cause defects any more than a normal morph sperm, it’s just that they are usually slower and don’t make it to the egg.  Since it takes 3 months for the supplements to show effects in sperm, we waited until 4 months after starting supplements to try iui.  I was very proud of my husband that he took the pills and vit religiously 2 times a day for the last 4 months and continues to.  He better after all I’ve done! (LOL) Before iui they did a check on his lil guys and he had more than doubled his total motile sperm :), now he's better than average :)

So maybe all you need are a few supplements and a few drinks choice changes in your hubby.  Has your dr ever encouraged him to do anything regarding the sperm issues?
Thanks. We are not totally sure if it is chemical or what. Still no AF. And probably no one will be able to tell me anything. It does make me feel a bit better but I've already gotten pregnant before and m/c at 12 weeks. So we know we can...it's just a matter of why isn't it sticking?? I feel like we are up against so much...sperm morphology and MTHFR...and all my doctors keep saying there is no reason that these things should keep us from having a family. But still no baby.
I know in the end it is our choice, so I am anxiously awaiting a visit with my doctor to discuss all of this...again. lol
Thanks for your support though!

TO: greengal79
My husband was never upset or even in denial about the sperm issue. He accepted it and immediately asked, "What can we do to change this?" He is on a whole slew of meds and vitamins and when we did our IUI the doctor said his numbers had drastically improved and that it looked "perfect". So that is a good thing, even after only a month of taking the new meds. Our doctor pretty much said the exact same thing that you posted. Exactly. Expect, he didn't say anything about theralogix. What is that?
DH is on Fertilaid, amino acids, and a multi vitamin. Avoids alcohol and doesn't drink coffee at all.
Just checking in to see how things are?  I am still on bc and start my next round of shots on the 12th. last chance for IUI then on to IVF.  

Praying2bamommy: Just checking on you. hope all is going well and all is getting back to normal. Your in my prayers.

all: anyone every had a Lupron (sp?)  trigger shot instead of the HCG trigger?
theralogix is a supplement made especially for sperm enhancement.  Dr said it was the best on the market and has shown drastic results.  The bottle states: "Enhances sperm motility, reduces dna fragmentation, and ideal for couples under going IUI".  It was kind of expensive $500 for 6 month supply but i think totally worth it.  I believe the retail name is ConceptionXR (Motility Support Formula).

hope this helps a little :)
Correction $330 for 6 month supply of conceptionRX motility support formula. sorry i had to look it up just to be sure.
sorry to hear that   : (  ....have u/s in day 4 is not a problem...i had u/s in day 4 too...last time, my period came on Friday and call to have an appt on Sunday...but dr said Monday was Ok to u/s..good luck for tis time : )
Thanks for checking on me! Things are ok, just waiting for AF to show up in full force so we can move on to IUI cycle #2...planning to discuss IVF as an option only because of my school vacation and the way it falls right now.
How are you doing? You are doing bc before an IUI? That's pretty standard for IVF but I didn't know they do that for IUI too. Not sure if we will move to injections if we stay on the IUI course or not. Do you have to do the injections everyday?
How are you holding up? I hope you are staying positive!! :) I'm trying :)

TO:greengal79
Thanks, that does help a lot. DH has an appointment with his uriologist on Friday (finally he is getting poked and prodded!! lol) so I will have him ask about that. Motility isn't his issue and all his other numbers were great. Just his morphology is a problem.
you're not the only one! I have sporadic moments of resent towards the husband! Especially when i have to keep reminding him about doctor's appointments and taking his vits. On top of that, he has made it a habit asking me 'what's next?' when we've been through the process 3 times! But then again, i remind myself that men in general are not equipped sufficiently to deal with women's emotions (and we all know what an emotional process this is) Ah well, what u gonna do?

Also, my husband has low morphology just like yours. That's why i started him on vits. We've been through 3 failed IUIs but i'm not certain its due solely to his low morphology. Positive thing is, low morphology is treatable through some lifestyle changes. I do wonder sometimes if i'm wasting my time (& money) on all these IUIs; whether or not i should just move on to IVF. But since the doctor advised us to try at least 4-6 IUI cycles before moving on, we'll only have to wait and see (pray & hope!)

Im going for my HSG tomorrow and am a lil' nervous about it. Hopefully it all goes well. I'll be praying for you. x
ALL- I hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th of July :)  And thanx to all who responded to my question about progesterone.  I will definitely talk with my RE about whether I need it as well.  To all that are on the verge of a lil meltdown....I would suggest taking a month off.  That is what I'm doing this month and I couldn't be happier.  I know I don't have much time (as I am already 35 yrs. old) but the last 2 months were very draining emotional.  My DH and me felt so much pressure from wanting to ttc and then have to b/d whenever we were suppose to, that we lost focus of what was also important....EACH OTHER.  So take a break if you need.....even one month helps.

Bfromthed- I'm sorry to hear that your DH and you have seperated.  I know it must be hard for you.  I pray that you meet someone awesome (soon) who will make the ttc journey with you.  I will keep you in my prayers.
Hi Everyone,

Hope you had a nice and relaxing Independance day weekend, whether in the US or Canada!

Many thanks to many of you who have been sending me messages or posting on this board, asking about how things are with me. I am doing much better. Physically, I have bounced back and just have to exercise to flatten out the little bump that is left, so I don't get too big with the next BFP. Emotionally, I am doing better. I have come to believe that what God gives and takes away from us is for a greater reason, which I may not immediately understand, but one day, hopefully soon, it will all make sense. I just pray that He gives my husband and I as well as everyone who is longing for a child, the chance to become a parent, soon.

thosenewmans: Don't give up or stop your progestrone yet, until you check in with your RE. I experienced light bleeding (brownish) with my last BFP, and 2 of my friends experienced it on and off for their 1st trimester. My RE told me that early bleeding may have to do with low progestrone levels.

Bfromthed: Sorry to hear about your marital problems. Hopefully, this will result in you finding someone who will make your dreams come true. Remember... there is always a reason for why things happen, though sometimes they are painful experiences.

jammilyn & peanut17 : I was hoping to hear your BFP news today. You are still young and able to conceive. If it wasn't last time, here is a new cycle that is starting and this could be the month. Don't give up.

Good luck to everyone starting a new cycle. I am waiting for AF (and for once soooo looking forward to it), so I can get my cycle back to normal. After that, we have the green light to start ttc'ing again. Meanwhile, DH has started to take his vitamins, as his count and motility were pretty low during our last 2 IUIs. When he started taking the vitamins and we took a break from med's & IUIs is when I got the BFP. We do know that some of the problem with us has to do with his little soldiers. He doesn't like to talk about it, but at least he is doing what he needs to do to make it better :)
I subscribe to an online newsletter that emails me with all the latest research and news about pregnancy. Just recently, I received an article about the use of Maca Roots and its success with getting pregnant with men and women. It comes in the form of powder and pill and it regulates hormones, ovaries and cycles and increases progestrone to enhance the opportinity to get pregnant. With men, in increases count, motility and mobility. I did some research online and found boards and articles supporting the info I have received. Furthermore, I just checked my DH's FertileAid bottle, and they use Maca roots in that formula, and I have heard lots of positive feedback about FertileAid, both for men and women.

Apparantly, the best way to consume Maca Root is to buy the Organice Raw Maca Powder.

I'll be looking into this again, today, and see if I can find it at Whole Foods or order it online. It is an herb, and I think it is worth a try.
Hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend! In Texas there were no fireworks to be had, so it was a very strange 4th for us! But it was still nice to hang with family and each some tastey BBQ. :)

TO: peanut17
Girl, I hear ya! My husband completely forgot about his uriology appointment 2 weeks ago and just didn't show up! Imagine how upset I was...but he will make it to his new on one Friday. Believe me. ;)

So I just went back today for my second beta to confirm the BFN. I've been instructed to stay on my progesterone until we know for sure it is a BFN since I have been spotting like crazy. The spotting started a day or two before ovulation. I spotted for about 4-5 days and then everything went back to normal. Now I've been having spotting since Saturday. I swear it is AF trying to come but they want to be sure its a BFN before I stop. I know the progesterone is preventing AF from coming in....we are on CD31 with no BFP. Come on!!
As for the IUI's I feel the same exact way. My insurance covers IVF, so I'm thinking, why the heck not? You know? I spoke with another doctor at the office today because mine was out and she was not very nice. She told me that in 20+ years she has only seen 2-3 people get pg from their first IUI so I'm being impatient. She thinks I should do at least 2-3 more IUI cycles before moving forward with IVF and that while she can't say what my actual chances are with our low morphology problem, it's worth it to keep trying IUI. She was just rude and unsympathetic.
So I called my doctor's nurse when I got home and she was blown away! She told me that while I still have a good shot at pregnancy even with the male factor infertility (about 30%), if IVF is covered, "Hell Yes!" lol So we may be jumping right into an IVF cycle. It's perfect because I have the next 40+ days off for my job and our chances are so much higher.
She was all for it! So now I feel so much better.
I would say that if it didn't work out quite this way, we would definitely be doing more than just this one cycle (we had been adviced to do 3-4), but in the end, no one can tell you what you can and cannot do. They are there to help. I'm just glad that MY doctor and MY nurse are so understanding. :) That doctor today reminded me of how lucky I am...even if we weren't moving forward with someone more aggressive.
Thanks for your prayers. I am definitely praying for your situation. It's nice to know someone else who is in the exact same place as me!
What CD are you now?

TO: hopeful35
You are right. Thanks for the reminder...I was happy with just my husband before, and I can be happy again. :)

TO: Praying2bamommy
Thanks for the advice. I'm pretty sure it's a BFN. The spotting has increased and gotten more bright red each day. Today I had a few little baby clots and still no + htp. But we did take a beta today just to verify.
I'm glad that you are feeling better. You are so strong!! I need a bit of your faith and positive additiude please!! :)
Ok so today is 14dpiui and I BPN :(   I've been holding back the tears all morning as I have to pull myself together for work today.  As much as I love my career and I used to pride myself on my success, I'm started to resent it and the stress it causes me on a daily basis.  It makes me wonder if I had a less pressured job, would I be able to get pregnant easier.  Probably, but I can't change that now...so I just have to push forward and try again.

I called the dr and told them my home preg results.  The nurse said to stop the progesterone because it will defer AF from coming.  So now I sit and wait for AF to come and then start all over again.... It’s so disappointing when the dr tells you everything is looking really good, and then 2 weeks later, nothing...  this *****!
*hugs* I'm really sorry and I feel your frustration. You will get through this and you will have a family. Just keep focused on the goal and stay positive. :)
We are all here doing it together.
thanks for your kind words...  its nice to know you have others to help support me in this...  thanks to everyone and their helpful responses throughout the last couple weeks.
Yeah they have been putting me on bc for two weeks after my AF comes cause all the meds gave me a cyst. this round happen to be 2 cysts. the injectables are not bad. You take them everyday at the same time for around 5 days. then the dr checks ya to see how many follicles are growing and adjust your meds from there. Last month i was on 100 follistim for 5 days then went to 150 for two days. on the third day took my HCG shot and fourth and fifth day went in for my IUI. The only problem that i found with the injectables was that my leg got very itchy after i was done with the injection. But i have found other women had the same issue so i did not worry about it.

On the other hand. My friend just went thru IVF because the problem was with her husband. (basically he was producing but shooting blanks so to speak) so they did his procedure, got the sperm and did IVF on her. she had 18 eggs and after 5 days had 7 survive. they frooze 5 and implanted 2. One egg stuck and they are prego on the first try.

since we are looking into IVF i have been going to her with all my questions. lol.
as far as how i am. well to be honest some days are better than others. I am trying to stay positive, in hopes that will increase our chances. It is really hard when you find out your friends are prego without trying and then there are us who try and want but can't. It hurts and its hard. I think what gets me thru is reading the board and knowing i am not alone.  I do hope that each one of us gets a BFP

after my long story.... how are you?  did you get AF?  did the dr confirm its a BFN?  keep me posted. You are in my thoughts and prayers. baby dust to everyone
Hi Ladies! I just wanted to share my story and some information with those of you trying to conceive. My husband and I have been TTC for 3 years now. We had no luck on our own because the doctor said my cervix was too small for the sperm to travel through. So we did one IUI in April.....no luck. We did another one in May.....no Luck. He told me I needed to take a couple months off to try and de-stress. Well, I started reading online about different vitamins women would take while TTC. One of them was called Chaste Tree Berry or Vitex. They said they started taking them and became pregnant within months and even weeks. Soooo, I ordered some off of Amazon, they were about $7. I started taking them not really too positive about what would happen, but I was willing to try about anything. I took them for about 2-3 weeks. I was late for my period and didn't think anything about it because I'm ususally a day or two late anyway. So when 13 days rolled around and no period I start thinkin...wth? I bought two EPTs and they both said POSITIVE. I didn't get too excited. I bought 3 more the next day....all positive within seconds! My Doctor confirmed it today and I am 6 1/2 weeks PREGNANT!! I don't know if this is a miracle vitamin or if it just happened when I least expected it......but I just wanted to share this with ya'll.......it's so worth a try. The vitamin is good for regulating the female cyle and for overall women's health. CHASTE TREE BERRY......VITEX.  I wish you all the best!!!
Thank you for all the info. I'm so sorry you got a BFN :(  I understand your frustration. I'm gonna test and find out tomorrow morning. I refused to test before 14 dp IUI. I did feel tempted but with my hubby's help i managed to wait. I knew it would've ruined my day yesterday if I got a negative, and we had company and we went to see some fireworks too so I was better off not knowing.
I know you're disappointed right now, but chin up girl and stay positive. I'm struggling with it too. I'm gonna keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

thosenewmans: I'm sorry you're in this frustrating situation. You are so right, the drs are there to guide/help us, and give us their opinion but it's ultimately our decision what we're gonna do. :) My dr. told me something similar about how unlikely it is that I would get pregnant with the 1st IUI (not prior) and when I called in after my 3rd failed IUI, and said I'm thinking about starting on clomid, she said she wouldn't do it just yet, she'd wait until IUI #7. She said she understands my frustration, and if I really want to I can start with clomid on my 5th round, b/c it was too late (2nd day of my AF) to start on clomid at that point. I'm really not sure at what point I'd have to start taking it so I left it at that (we were actually communicating through the nurse, which kinda bothered me, but I guess she was really busy). Anyways. I might be late again to start clomid if I get AF tomorrow, so I'm gonna have to make an appointment with her to ask some questions and be prepared in case I need a 6th IUI.
I hope you can start your next cycle soon whether it's an IUI or IVF. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Sticky wibes and babydust to everyone :)))

AF finally came today, full force, without a doubt!!!! :)

TO: greengal79
Of course! That is what we are here for :)

TO:wantingbaby17
Well, we all have our good and bad days I think. At one point in time I literally knew 21 women who were pregnant at the same time (isn't that cruel??). 7 gave birth in June, when my baby would have come if I had not had a m/c. So I completely understand.
I wonder if it will be a similiar process with IVF. I don't know how it works, if you get injections, what kind of meds, etc. And I have a cyst too.
So what does your doctor think about you doing IVF?

You are so sweet for asking about me. I'm in better spirits now that we are going to move forward with the most effective method possible. If this doesn't work after a few cycles, then we know we just can't have kids. You know? That or we try surrogacy and adoption. So while it's a bit scary to skip all these steps, I know we are doing the right thing for us and I have to pray that it works.
Yes AF finally came all on her own despite the progesterone!! yay!! lol No questions asked, this is the real deal. ;) I feel ok about it. I just wanted to know...no more maybe. The bloodwork comes back tomorrow since my doctor was out of the office.
I have to set up a consult with my doctor about the IVF tomorrow and we will go from there.
It's encouraging to know your friend got pg on the first try! That's super exciting. I hope I make a ton of eggs so I have the awesome chance that she did.

TO: kbear311
It's a great thing, I've used it before. They even have it in a tea. It is supposed to help with progesterone levels and regulate your cycle. However, my doctor suggested not trying anything herbal.

To: want2bamommy08
I know you guys are like the only ones who do understand. But that doctor I spoke to was not my doctor, as he was out on vacation until tomorrow. She was just not sensitive to my situation and seemed irritated that she even had to answer my questions. That's what makes it so tough. But when I spoke to my nurse about my options, she whole-heartedly agreed that if my insurance covered IVF, why shouldn't we?
So you are doing natural IUI's? So lucky!!! lol :)
Praying for your BFP. Let us know what happens.
thanks ladies for your support....  i just dont understand how i could ovulate with 5 eggs and his sperm was better than average motile. and yet still nothing!!!!!  I was on progesterone too....  can doc monitor you after iui to figure out what exactly is going wrong?  I do have a longer luteal phase 16 days, do you think that could change the 14 days test results?  My nurse says i can wait one more day to test again but the they highly doubt it will be positive :(

Then my doc says after 3 times of injections and iui, the effectiveness drops 98% so he wont continue with iui after 3 times.  i know i'm over thinking things but its just scary that i only have 2 more chances before the big IVF jump.
I also just found out that despite 6 eggs and his better than average sperm this time, progesterone, etc  it didn't work out.
I feel the same way, but it's all a number and chance game. A normal couple with nothing wrong still only has a 20% chance of getting pregnant. So it's amazing that we even procreate as a species. lol
Your doctor can monitor with u/s but it's highly unlikely and they wouldnt be able to see anything. Have you had a hysteroscopy or HSG?
I'm a bit scared to move right to IVF after only one cycle of IUI but the chances are so much higher and my doctor is on board so...it is what it is.
But all you need is one good sperm and one good egg. So don't get your hopes up and go for the next cycle with a positive attitude. :) Praying for you, my friend!

TO: ALL
Hey, are any of you ladies on FB and would any of you like to be friends there? :)
I have been following your posts for about a week and all of you wonderful women have really been helping me cope. Thank you so much for sharing your stories.

I am 4dpiui after doing injections of lupron, follisium and then ovidrel this month. I'm doing my best to try to keep my mind off 2ww. I am alsp taking progesterone.

I have a question for anyone else that did injections...when can you start your next cycle after a BPN? Originally I started lupron on day 21 and then started follisium on day 4. Will I be able to start my injections right away next month or will I have to sit through a whole cycle? Thanks for any info you can give me!

I know I read that someone else is a teacher and is hopeful to be successful this summer. I am with you and understand. There is no way I could be at the doctor this often during the school year.

Good luck to all you ladies and praying for you all :)

Just had my HSG done this morning. It took all of 10mins and i only felt discomfort and cramps when the radiologist injected the contrast. Radiologist also said i had 'beautiful tubes', so there's not blockage or anything wrong. Makes me wonder why we haven't been able to get pregnant despite having 'beautiful tubes'!

Oh let there be good news henceforth! Good luck to all x
Welcome!! :) You are in an awesome place.
I am a teacher and I am soooo hoping for that BFP this summer, because driving into Houston as often as I have to for all these visits is crazy. lol I don't think I will have any days for getting sick this coming school year ;)
Anyway, I haven't done injections yet....gearing up for it with my first IVF cycle.
So glad you are here and hope you find it as supportive and helpful as I do. :)
Hi & welcome to this forum. I've done 2 rounds of injections for IUIs and both times, I did follistim and ovidrel with a Gonal F shot 1 day before the IUI. For both rounds, the RE started me on the injections on day 3 of the cycle after a BFN. I didn't have to sit out of a cycle. In fact, they like doing this back to back, because the effects of the meds from the previous round are still in your system when you start the new round.

Hope this helps.
Glad all looks beautiful and clean :) This may be your lucky cycle,... some women get pregnant after this procedure. Even though things look open, my doctor told me that after this procedure, your tubes are as clean as the day you are born. Hopefully this will be the month for you.
Good luck with your first round of IVF! I promise you that the injections are not bad. You get used to them pretty quickly :)

To: praying2bamommy

Thank you so much for the information! I feel a little more relaxed now. Good luck!

To: peanut17

Congrats on the HSG! That is wonderful news!

Thinking of all of you:)
Thanks!! I hate needles so much but I am becoming more and more used to them. lol I kind of have to :)
For those asking about injections, it was highly recommended to me and I used the injections on the cycle I got pregnant.

IUI#1 - letrozole+HCG injection - bfn
IUI#1 - letrozle+injections+HCG Injection - BFP!!!!

I asked the clinic if they find that people get pregnant more on the injections and they said definitely yes.
Hello all, ok today is a better day :)... I've decided to pick myself up and not be sad about this.  Thanks to all of your support.  Still no AF but I’m just going to move on and start again once I do get my period.  Yes I had HSG in Mar and they found a small fibroid (I had that removed the first week of May).  I've had all the tests and checks and the doc says everything is all good, but I do think it could be stress and just over analyzing.  DH still thinks if I don’t get AF that there still could be a chance...who knows.

Anyhow, thanks again everyone and I wish everyone lots of positive energy this month :)
Welcome to the forum :) I don't like the 2ww either, but for me it's over :( So on to the next cycle. Good luck to you. I hope and pray you get a BFP!! Keep us posted on how you're doing :)

to: All

Well, I did a HPT this morning and unfortunately it's BFN. I kinda had a feeling but I was still hoping. So now I'm just waiting for AF to kick in. I'm getting more anxious with every IUI, hoping this is it, but it's always a negative. Well, onto the next round, and if that doesn't work either, I'm gonna "demand" meds...lol Maybe I just need a little "kick" to stay pregnant...who knows.

to:  greengal79
Glad to hear you're having a better day :) I'm still hanging on to that little hope too, until AF shows up. I hope you have a good rest of the day.

God bless y'all ladies and sticky vibes to all :))
greengal79- Im sorry, I really thought one of us cycle buddies would get a BFP.

emilybb22- this is my 3rd cycle on injections (actually no 4th one got cancelled bc too many follis). anyhow right when you get your period you go back and start on day 3 or 4.

I just did my first shot last night, cycle 6 and last. crossing fingers this last one works. I'm trying to remain hopeful since it happened before but we shall see....The hub and I have been talking about whether to do IVF if i dont get preg this month. I too am a teacher and thought id be done this summer. if im not preg this month i have to wait through one cycle to get more meds and do the saline u/s mapping etc... so thats good that i only have to wait another month then can do ivf but ill be back at work already. How am i supposed to work full time, have a by then 4 year old , and do all that i need to at the dr along with outpatient procedures at the hospital and 48 hours bed rest???!!!! yes yes im jumping the gun, praying this one just works and i dont have to think about it all
My hub and I have discussed IVF too. My last IUI got cancelled because my lining never thickened. Therefore they changed my meds and got an IUI done on Friday and saturday. I have one cycle left after this one before school starts and I too am hoping for a BFP this summer.

Did you have to take progesterone too? I am not enjoying it at all. I would rather keep doing injections!

Good luck this cycle and keep us posted. I will be thinking of you.

Thinking of all of you :)

Hello all, well its 12dpiui & im FREAKING out! My boobs hurt but thats normal. I was feeling pretty down b/c i havent had any other symptoms (like cramping) like I remember how i was a couple days before i was supposed to test when i got my BPN. My mom gave me such high hope the other day though...she said she just knows that i am pregnant. then of course some tears were flowing. thanks mom for giving me HOPE again! Im not going to test until after Friday b/c i know how i get...uncontrolable crying & thats so hard to handle when your @ work. Best of luck to ALL of us!!!

To: thosenewmans - just to give u some HOPE...we got pregnant w/our first IUI 5 years ago!!! It CAN happen!!!  Good luck to you!

To: greengal79 -  im so sorry for your BPN. i know its hard. the emotional roller-coaster is almost unbarable. keep ur head held high! good luck next round!!!
No progesterone here. My first three iuis were with letrizole Femara and an ovidrel trigger shot. These last 3 were with gonal f injections and an hcg shot. I did get pregnant on my 4th but had a very early miscarriage. I have an almost 4 year old I had in the blink of an eye. No rhyme or reason for this madness
I set up a consult with my doctor for this Friday to go over our IVF cycle. Then, I met with a friend who did IVF back in March (it failed) to get a better idea of the process. I'm a bit nervous because of all the meds that I will be on. I need to call my insurance company first thing in the morning to see what is covered, if any of it. *sigh* This whole thing, IVF or not has been so stressful and expensive. I'm hoping for some good news when I call tomorrow.
Anyway, in an attempt to connect with others doing IVF, I've been reading and tried posting in an IVF forum this morning. I was disappointed to find a lack of response to my joining their discussion. :(
I hate to stick around here when it's an IUI forum, and bother you guys with all my IVF stuff, but I feel like all you ladies are my friends and so many of our cycles are close. I don't want to leave!! :(

TO: jammilyn and Emilybb22
Hopefully the three of us will see our BFP this summer. lol I know that's what I hope, but even if it doesn't happen, I am sure I will manage it all during school.

TO: Emilybb22
Did your doctor ever figure out why your lining never thickened? Is that a new situation or has it been that way?

TO: m_hahs
That is so sweet :) My mom said the same to me this month. It really helps that she is so supportive and hopeful for me. Thanks for sharing your story btw. We already had our first IUI and I have heard of many women getting pg from their first. Just not my time, I guess. Now what I want to hear is women getting pg from their first IVF!! ;)
if i dont get pregnant on this iui cycle i too will be onto ivf and staying here. some people on here have done it. this is the only chat room ive found people are actually supportive so im staying lol!!!! i set up a meeting with my dr to discuss the meds etc. its after my iui is done but before i know the results. then my protocol will be in the computer and if i get my period i will meet with the nurse to discuss my calendar. ive already been on gonal f all this time so they will add in the other meds around it, im nervous about them all too. i feel like im up and down and up and down on these meds, i cant quite imagine how ill be on more. anyhow we do what do to get we want right??!!!!stay here dont go, i want to be here when we all get BFPs :)
Good luck to you ladies who are going to give IVF a try! My husband just about blew a gasget when i told him how much it would be. :(  True, that we do not have the $$ to just fork out & then not have a 100% sucess. It really seems like a win win to me though. If we are getting my eggs to grow now w/the meds im on & he dosent have any problems, i would think it would work. The $$ is the only thing holding us back if this dosent work. I am to take a pg test tomorrow. Not feeling it eventhough im trying to stay positive  :)  !!  This is round 3 & if things dont work out im hoping we will go w/#4. Its hard for my husband (eventhough supportive) to pay the amount of $$ we've been paying. Our savings is gone & the account isnt looking good. Its stressful on us & it is hard to keep going but when u want something so bad its hard to just give up. Especially when i look @ my little guy now, our miracle...he needs a partner in crime, LOL! I know im writing a lot but im just venting this morning, so im sorry. I just found out that ANOTHER girl @ my work is pregnant. Every woman in my office has just had a baby or is pregnant...im the only one left. So happy for her but yet heart broken. Just another friend to add to the list of being pregnant. Well enough waisting everyones time. If anyone has any advice for me on how to make this easier for my husband to understand...let me know!!! Hope everyone has a great day, i know mine is going to be a long one!
I am sending baby dust your way!!!  I'm hoping you get your BFP.  That would be 3 this cycle, which would be great.

For the rest, don't give up.  Most of you have either already had one or things started for you, which means something worked, but it wasn't the right one.

For those considering IVF, do what you think is best for you, but if you have only tried a couple of IUIs without injections, I say try a couple of IUIs with injections before IVF.  Again, up to you, but my clinic indicated that many women get pregnant with the injections.

Good luck all!!
TO: jammilyn
Well, I hope that you don't have to move forward and that this IUI is the one that gives you your BFP!! :)
Yeah, as for the other forum, they were completely involved in their own stuff, so I joined unnoticed. I think I am definitely going to just stay here.
So I apologize in advance for all the IVF talk, but I belong with my friends!! :P

TO: m_hahs
Don't apologize! I totally understand. It's difficult to be around everyone blissfully and easily getting pg while you struggle. I was explaining a bit of the process to my own dad and the look in his eyes was pity. :( Very frustrating when we are trying to stay positive.

It is so expensive even with insurance covering it. We have a $2,000 deductible and then it covers 90% after that. It's a trade off, though, because we don't pay for our insurance.
I did find out today that the medications associated with IVF will be covered as well, so that is really good. When I visited with my friend yesterday after her IVF cycle, she said the meds can range anywhere betwen $3,000-$5,000!!! That's just crazy.
So I hope they are correct that the meds are covered. lol
Anyway, so I wish I had some advice to give on this situation, but I just don't. My hubby is so passionate about this that we haven't even questioned it. Especially because the only thing left after a certain number of failed IVF's is surrocacy or adoption. Both even more expensive than IVF and definitely NOT covered under anything.
I'd say just talk with him and tell him how you feel. Come up with a financial plan and go from there. :)
Thank u for all of your advice! Your sooo lucky to have your insurance cover fertility. I live in Missouri & fertility coverage is NOT evan an option. Everything is out of pocket & of course the IVF wouldnt be covered either. I did contact the facility where they do IVF procedures & they have some type of payment reimbursement if the first one fails...not sure if its buy 1 & get the other @ 50% off or what...lol! Good luck ladies!!! Staying hopeful but going to just wait it out.

PS...i have to pee but am too scared to go. Maybe I'll just close my eyes.  :)
That is fantastic that part of IVF is covered. It puts a pit in my stomach to think about how much it costs. We will be here to support you through IVF and I enjoy hearing the info that you have learned about it. When do you start?

RE just told me that I was probably miscarrying if I ever was pregnant because of my lining. It's too thin and shed too early. Tried clomid first for two months but lining never thickened each time. The injections worked for my lining and hopefully more!!

To: m_hahs
I am thinking of you and good luck tomorrow:) praying for you!

To: wanting2bamommy08
I'm sorry about your BFN :( did AF come yet?

To all:
How early can I take a HPT? I'm leaving for vacation on Saturday and will be getting my bloodwork done later than I could. Should get it done the 15 but doing it the 18 instead. Only 3 days later but I'm anxious of course. Any advice/ suggestions? It's also my anniversary next week and would really enjoy a +HPT on that day :)

Thinking of you!
TO: m_hahs
Well it's still expensive even if it is covered. *sigh* Our bank account is sad. lol
That's cool that they offer a reimbursement. They must be confident! Why no coverage in Missouri??

TO: Emilybb22
I go in on Friday to discuss it all. That will be CD4, so we will most likely start meds that day...I think. lol But I'm not entirely sure how it will all work. Hopefully I will know more tomorrow. :)
I say as for your HPT, if you were supposed to get bloodwork on the 15th, it's safe to test then. What CD would that be??
Hi girls ,hope everything is fine...miss u all...XOXO
I am back after my last IVF BFN last feb 2011......in case u forgot about my case.... well..i did 2 IUI's and i shifted to IVF and i had 8 BLASTOCYSTS.
in JAN 2011 the doc transferred 3 BLASTOCYSTS ( froze 5 ) and i had a BFN
then i went for a check up on my uterus and it was totally fine..so the doctor didn't have an explanation for me ( as all my tests and my HB's where fine ).
i have been thinking over and over to try again with the FET.
so finally i collected myself and i went last week.
today was my second visit.i am following a natural cycle so i am not as stressed as i used to in my previous trials.today is my 11th since my period started.
one follicle : 14mm.     Endo: 8mm
i have to go again on sunday to check again we need to reach 18mm to set up a date for the transfer ..but first they have to thaw the embryos and check how many survived the freezing+thawing stage!!!!!!!!!!
I really have no clue what steps we will be taking...or anything...i am not asking anymore...i just want this month to pass as fast as possible with an answer of BFP ( preferable for sure
) or BFN and to end it forever.
will keep u updated...
best of luck for u all...
cross ur fingers
miss u again

Hello ladies!  I haven't been on here in a few weeks and I'm sorry to hear about all the BFNs.  I was unfortunately with you last month.  I am obviously way more sensitive to fertility drugs than most.  I get almost every possible side effect.  On my first cycle they only gave me ovidrel to trigger ovulation and that caused a wide variety of issues.  My second cycle they gave me clomid and ovidrel.  That was disasterous.  I was miserable for my whole 2ww and then af showed up with all her baggage.  The day after af left I woke up with a stomach virus and then of course that wasn't enough so a few days later I got a kidney infection.  It is almost funny.  As soon as I was over all that I had finished my clomid for this month and the side effects are coming again. lol.  I wouldn't dare trade any of it though.  They put me on a different hcg shot to see if that would help and I took it today and I can already tell you that it is not going to help.  Oh well.  Tomorrow is IUI #3.  Maybe this will be my last.    
Just got back from doctor's appointment. I'm feeling a lil' conflicted whether or not i should go ahead with IUI #4 this month. My HSG results came out great, my blood test results also came out great, so all fingers are pointing at the husband's swimmers. He started menevit about a week ago, so even if it helps, i doubt it'll show positive results any time soon. are we just wasting our time and $?

and yet on the other hand, i wanna go ahead with IUI #4 cos i just had my HSG and my tubes have been completely cleared out. Also, we've been trying so long consistently, it just feels like a waste if i dun go ahead this month.

Have any of you been in the same situation? What do u guys think i should do?
TO: hawkins9
Welcome! We are glad that you are here :) So sorry you have had so many bad reactions to your meds!
Praying this is your last IUI as well. Keep us updated. :)

TO:peanut17
That's how I feel, which is why we are moving forward with IVF. But I think you are in a unique position because of the HSG. I've heard great success with BFP after an HSG because you are as clean as the day you were born. I say it's worth the try since you are not set up for IVF this month anyhow and you have been TTC consistently, that's the smartest thing. But discuss it with your doctor. Maybe you could start an IVF cycle after IUI #4 if it doesn't work.

TO: ALL
Going in this afternoon to see what the plan is for this cycle! :) I will let everyone know how it goes.
I'd think you'd be ok to do a HPT on the 15th :) Knowing myself, I'd probably do it :)
AF hasn't showed up yet, and I'm on CD30. It wouldn't be unusual for it to be late, but when you're ttc, you kinda wonder...lol. I've been having bad back aches, and have been waking up slightly nauseated in the mornings, and my bbs are sore too. I did another HPT yesterday pm and that was negative as well. Anyways, I hope you have a great vacation and I hope you get a BFP!!!

To: peanut17
I agree with thosenewmans, I think it would be worth a try :) An IUI is a fraction of the cost of an IVF and your chances might've just increased because of the HSG. :)

To: hawkins9
I'm sorry to hear about all the stuff you're going through. I hope it will be worth it though and you'll have a successful IUI today :) Keep us posted.

To: omneia83
I hope it will work for you this time and get that BFP!! DH and I have only been ttc for about 5 months but it is a very emotional journey, and I understand your frustration. I hope everything goes well! Let us know how things go.

To: m_hahs
Thinking of you, and hoping you get that positive result :)
Well AF did not come yet & today is 14dpiui. My boobs dont hurt any more, so thats kind of disappointing. Everyone keeps telling me that each pregnancy is different so thats what im holding on to, lol! I didnt take a pg test b/c of possibly facing the bad news...its just to hard to keep a smile on ur face @ work when ur feeling so down. Im still trying to stay positive but im just not feeling it. Im going to wait until tomorrow or possibly Sunday to take a test. Staying HOPEFUL!!!

To: OMNeia83 - good luck. I dont know your situation but stay positive & i hope all goes well for you this month! You'll in in my prayers

To;hawkins9 - im so sorry ur so sensitive to all the medication. i think i get more sensitive each month. terrible bloating & cramping...i feel ur pain. i hope everything gets better for you & good luck w/#3!!!

To: peanut17 - im the same situation. if this one (#3 IUI) dosent work im not sure if i want to go on to #4 or try IVF. I had the HSG done last month which was right before IUI #2 & i got a BFN. I think ur chances are better though after the HSG so i would recommend #4. I also think since we've gotten our bodies to do what they are basically supposed to do for several months that we shouldnt give up & keep moving forward. Im sure we will go ahead w/#4 before we take the big leap to IVF. Its just so scary spending that kind of money w/no guarantees. I guess i feel that way b/c A, we are pretty much broke after everything & B, insurance dosent cover any fertility. We will all be here to support u w/any of your decisions. Good luck to you!!!
thosenewmans- I'm so excited for you to start your IVF treatment :)  I wish my insurance covered part of it (I have no fertility coverage with my insurance).  Let us know how your doc appointment goes.  :)  My hope is to do IVF maybe next year (need to pay off some bills and save $ first).

m_hahs- I know what you mean about feeling down @ work.  I went through 2 rounds of IUI's the last two months and they failed :(  So I'm really happy and relieved that I took this month off.  Some co-workers have already told me that I seen myself again this month (cheery :).  Best of luck to everyone on this forum (it is a great one).  :)
to :Thosenewmans

I absolutely welcome you sticking around here for IVF... I think it helps a lot to know what we might have to look forward to.  I wish you the best and can't wait to hear more from you :)

All:  OK so AF came in Full force today... I’m happy that I can finally get the previous cycle behind me and move forward with the next.  Monday I start injections and U/S.  My hubby and I have decided if this 2nd round doesn’t work we are taking Aug off.  Thanks hopeful35, good idea I think.  

So that means..... If anyone is in San Diego in Aug, I'll be the fun drunk girl at all the hot spots! .... "livin la vida loca" while I still can ;) lol
I don't know what the cost of IUI is, if you are paying out of pocket. Luckily, my insurance paid for those, although my medication wasn't covered and I paid about $600 every time, out of pocket. However, I am sure the cost is less than an IVF. I would go for IUI#4 while you have the HSG done and cleared everything else out.

Having said that, you will need to make a decision that you won't regret and will know that was the best decision under existing circumstances. Go with your heart first and then your head (I usually say the opposite but for matters that are so personal, I have kicked myself in my behind if I have first listened to my head first and regretted it later :)
It will be CD 28 on the 15 so I should def wait til then at least. I'm packing my bags and conflicted on how many HPTs I should pack. Part of me says I shouldn't pack any or maybe one. I don't want to be tempted:) hope your appointment is going well!

To:m_hahs
Keeping my fingers crossed for you! I understand what you are feeling. It's like you always have to put a front on and pretend everything is fine when all you want to do is curl up and cry. I myself am feeling a little anxious too. My DH and I head to the beach with his entire family tomorrow for a week.(that includes his sis who has two little ones) I am currently 7dpIui and I know I am going to be emotional towards the end of vacation.
Hoping you get a BFP this weekend:)

Peanut17: my doctor wasplanning on going through with an IUI for me right after my HSG but my meds didn't work and it got cancelled. He said that chances were really good because everything is cleaned out! Good luck with whatever you decide.

Greengal79: Good luck with the fresh cycle!

Hopeful35: my hub and I just had a talk about saving up money for doing IVF next year if we aren't successful by September. We need to pay off the money we have already racked up. We have no fertility coverage either :(

All: I'm in a funk today. Three...yes three of my friends announced they are pregnant between yesterday and today. I started historically crying. Really hoping for success this cycle. I'm tired of feeling jealous and mad. Not to mention I will be with my 11month old nephew for the next week straight on vacation. I wish it didn't hurt so bad all of the time.

Thinking positive thoughts for all of you!,
Thank you everyone for your advice! Im so grateful that i have somewhere to air my dilemma and questions. And all of you always give such positive response! :) I cannot say enough what great support you guys are and how much i appreciate all of you! The husband and i have decided we'll go ahead with IUI #4. The doctor also feels the same way cos i'm so close to IUI date and i just finished my course of clomid. Oh well..

Anyhow, I woke up with terrible cramps. and when i went to the toilet, yup! its backkkkkkk! My dear friends, I've got UTI AGAIN! Rushed to the doc, got my meds and now in the office cringing in pain :( but seriously, judging from how many times I've been prodded and poked (not counting the numerous foreign objects 'introduced'), i'm not surprised. Its almost hilarious the ridiculous ailments i've started experiencing after ttc.

I know i'll feel better in a couple of days. And i know i'll go ahead to do whatever i have to do. Just like everyone else here. Have a great weekend ahead everyone!

Thanks for all the encouragement.  We went today and out of all my iuis this was the hardest.  It took them almost 40 minutes to get thru.  Usually it is quick but my cervix would not cooperate and now I'm so sore and cramping.  On the bright side things seem a lot better.  My cm looks better and I have better follies.  We also switched donors and this one has a better count. I'm hopeful

peanut17- glad u decided to go ahead.  You definitely should.  I have heard that you can have better luck after HSG
Good luck with your IUI#4. Hopefully, we will soon hear your BFP news.

On the other hand, sorry to hear about the dreadful UTI. At least it is now, while you know you are not pregnant yet and can take antibiotics and get rid of quickly. Drink lots of organic raw cranberry juice (not the coktail sugary ones). For an entire year in 2009, I had UTIs every single month, so I feel for you. It was the worst. The pain and the burning is aweful.
I'm on the way to the dr now for my U/s and blood work. im super crampy! im almost hoping its like a couple times ago where a folli was already big and we could go early. its my 6th and final iui and im tired of drs. i want to get it done already. plus that was the time i did get pregnant. last month on a normal schedule with an extra folli i did not. anyhow so sorry for all the bfns come on bfp, we need one its been a bit. if you remember the other day i posted i was gung ho to try ivf after this now im not again lol. i want to be able to say i tried everything so i cant imagine not but my gosh 6 iuis plus a coupld cancelled and month i had to be off after m/c and lapro surgery and hsgs this has been over a year plus over a year of trying on my own, im tired. as much as i want it im seriously tired. im hoping to get this just works if not im still undecided as to my future. maybe i just need to focus on me and lose the weight ive gained through this process and be happy though little piece of me break everytime someone else i know busts out pregnant.
Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

Jammilyn: best of luck today. Hoping for big follies! And hoping this is it for you and you get a BFP. Stay strong!

Peanut17: good luck with your IUI! Hope the meds kick in soon! :)
TO: ALL
First of all, you girls are amazing and so sweet. I'm glad to call you friends! Thanks for checking on me :)
Also, sorry, this is a loooong post. lol
Yesterday was my IVF consult and it took for-ev-er!! lol
I was there for 3 hours. But it was worth it. I got to meet Dr. Heard finally. He is very nice and very gay. :) At the same time, Barry was at the urologist getting poked and prodded for the first time since we have started this process.
They did a physical exam on him, some blood work and then just discussed his last SA. The doc said his numbers looked good and that even with the morphology issue, we still had hope of getting pregnant. But since we are doing IVF, he didn't see the need to run too many other tests. He was very positive we would achieve pregnancy. He does want Barry back in a month to do chromosomal testing to make sure everything is good there.
At my appointment on the other hand, Dr. Heard felt as if the morphology was a huge issue and that IVF was the only way we would get pregnant. Barry's morphology for his first SA was at .5%....which is not good. The lowest is obviously 0%. He said he has had couples who were at 0% and only 1 has gotten pregnant. That was a bit scary, but he didn't seem put off by the .5%...he was positive and hopeful. And we were looking at his first SA from May before all his vitamins and supplements. So hopefully the numbers continue to improve.
Anyway, Dr. Heard wants to do ICSI, where they hand-select and force-fertilize the egg. I've been seeing it every where when I am in IVF forums and doing research online. I kind of expected it, actually. Then he said we would likely do a 3 day transfer instead of a 5 day. I'm not sure what the difference is or what gives us a better chance. He said he was trained to do 3 day and that it has better results. ...So I guess we do what the professional says! I'm still curious though.
He feels our chances are excellent and doesn't see a reason why we won't get pregnant. He also feels like I am young and fertile, so he was very optimistic. He said because of my age and other health factors, he would only want to transfer between 1-2 embryos. I want to go for 2. The rest we will freeze until we achieve live birth. Then we have to decide what to do with them. Obviously, they will be there if this cycle doesn't work or if we want to try again later. But if we get 2 and decide we are done, then our choices are: termination or donation. Both of those scare me because I feel like those frozen embryos are each a life. Something we created outside of ourselves. It's both of us. To terminate them feels wrong. But to donate feels strange. On one hand, we would be helping another couple that is in our situation right now...and I know how hard that is. On the other hand, our child would be walking around somewhere with someone else.
This is definitely an issue Barry and I need to discuss further.

Anyway, so after my consult and a discussion of the IVF process, I had IVF panel bloodwork run and an u/s. He said my ovaries looked good and my lining was nice and thick for CD4...it's what you would "expect" to see after a period. Okie dokie. So now we start a cycle of b/c and then we will do IVF in August. So 28 days!!! Then we get to start :) The b/c is used to surpress your ovaries so that they can stimulate them even more when we start the medication for IVF.
The great thing is that we have a month off to relax. Plus if this cycle doesn't work, they will have so much more information about our situation that maybe we will get further and have better success later.

Next week is a visit to the hematologist to get my results (haven't heard a peep from them, so that is a good thing) and then an HSG for me, while Barry gets his IVF panel bloodwork. Turns out he doesn't think I need a hysteroscopy right now, which is a relief. HSG is a good compromise, although I am still fearful of the pain associated with it. It will be similiar to my IUI as long as I have no issues. If I have a blockage of some sort, this could be very painful. So I am expecting some pain and some blood. More bleeding. :( But it's worth it. Has anyone else had an HSG that wouldn't mind telling me how it went?

TO: m_hahs
Keep us updated...Hoping for the BFP still ;)

TO: greengal79
So glad you can move forward. That is how I felt this cycle...just waiting for AF to come so I could move on. :) Chin up and stay positive.

TO: Emilybb22
I'm bad, I would pack one ;) Just in case. Gotta stay positive and hopeful no matter what. :)
Don't think about what everyone else is doing. Just do what is best for you. I know it is hard...we all have been there. *hugs* Just enjoy your trip and relax.

TO: peanut17
UTI's are the worst!!! Sending quick healing vibes

TO: hawkins9
Sorry that this IUI was the most difficult...but it's worth it, right? And the new donor, that is so great! Let us know how it goes. :) Thinking of you

TO: jammilyn
Don't give up hope. Your doctor will know what is best and will help. But remember, it takes normal couples 6-8 months to get pregnant all on their own. So try not to stress and just relax. I know it's hard but it's better for you in the end. We will get our BFP soon. :) I know it!!!
It is exciting to try IVF, especially with an optimistic doctor. Please keep us posted with your process. Many of us may end up taking the same road if everything else fails.

Best of luck to you... you are in my prayers. Sending you happy BFP vibes :)
Good luck with the IVF panel bloodwork.  I hope it goes well with that.  I will be keeping you in my prayers.  Keep us updated and I truly wish you the best luck.  I am doing better after my IUI and yes it was very worth it no matter how difficult it was.  We feel so positive about this round.  Maybe this will be it and maybe IVF will be the right answer for you.  Good Luck
TO: Praying2bamommy
Thank you so much! :)
So how is everything with you?

TO: hawkins9
I'm sure I will hear something back next week. Next week is actually a big week. lol Hematologist, HSG and bloodwork.
I'm glad you are feeling better! Sending sticky baby dust your way! ;)
this morning i was still thinking maybe no to ivf but you have me optimistic about it agian lol. hopefully this month will just work and i wont have to but i do have an appt with my dr to discuss ivf on the 18th, itll be just after my iui but before i know if it worked. had my u/s yesterday, i was so crampy i was for sure something was going on in tehre, nothing yet. all follis still at 10 or below so going back tuesday for another. maybe slow and steady will win the race this time ;)
Well of course AF came friday evening...after i had picked up my son & nephew from school & took them to town w/me. my son was getting a hair cut when i felt it coming on. the heartbreak was almost unbarale & i wasnt sure i could even drive. my son & nephew kept asking me why i was crying & not to be sad....i tried to keep it back but i honestly couldnt. when i did get home i had found my mom & sister there waiting for me w/some drinks! lol! needless to say we all shed some tears but laughed a lot as well. thank GOD for family!!! the rest of the weekend i put on a show. we had family come in from out of town so i did what i had to do...smile & pretend life is great (which it is, but still). i just feel so lost right now. i just dont know what to do or which way to turn. every month everything has just been perfect...there's no ligical reason for this not to happen except that its not. round #4 of IUI or take out a loan for IVF??????????? my husband is not willing to take out a loan, which i feel scared to as well, just b/c we are not really financially ready for another pymt right now. i DONT want to give up but i dont know if we can handle the money situation. i also dont know if i can handle another heartbreak. of course i get to work this morning & a co-worker has the need to tell me her "other" sister is prego & so is one of her friends...really? she knows what im going through, why would she do that? it took everything i had to hold back the tears. geeezzz. i will be calling my dr some time this morning to discuss what to do from here. i really just dont know what to do or how im feeling @ this point. each month i feel worse & worse. im pretty much bloated & crampy for 3 out of the 4 weeks of the cycle. my husband says he hates that im always feeling bad & that he cant stand me being so upset...i guess thats just part of it. i know we all have our "journeys" in life to face but this one is just so devestating. i know it could always be worse & i feel so BLESSED that we have our little guy now...i just dont know when we r supposed to say..ok, we r only supposed to have 1. WOW, ladies im sorry this is so long. i really needed to get a few things off my shoulders, as u can see.  :)

thank u all for your support. i just feel like this is what im always talking/crying about to my friends & family. eventhough they r all so supportive im sure they get tired of hearing about it & i dont want a pity party either. we leave this week to see some family out of town so im for sure ready to get away for a bit. id love to take a month off but @ the same time i feel like just pushing forward. ok, ill stop waisting so much time ladies. again i just love u all & i love that we r all here for eachother. good luck to everyone!!! ill b in touch!
sorry I have not been on for days. needed a little break. just read all your posts. glad you had your consultation for IVF.  I go to the dr tomorrow so if my cyst is gone i will start my injections. my dr, if he does the same as last time, i will take 100 mg of Follism for 5 days and 2 days at 150 then i go in for two days of IUI.  we did discuss that if it does not work then we are moving on to IVF.  Dr did say if we move on to IVF i will still be using the Follism cause it worked so well. Last time i produced 6 eggs and 2.5 matured to full growth.

If we move on to IVF he will be giving me the lupiron (sp?) trigger shot instead of HCG that i take now. After talkint to my friend that got BFP on her first try with IVF. I kinda want to move straight into IVF. but talk to my dr and and decided to do one last try at IUI. so keeping our fingers crossed since all this has been out of pocket. Our ins is terrible it pays for nothing. which adds to the stress. Oh also with the luprion trigger dr said the first month does not take so they freeze the eggs for a month before they implant them. says the odds are better.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the IVF works for you on the first try. that would be aweseom. I know the stress of the $ and not getting a BFP is hard. I am right there with you along with tons of others on this site.

Please keep me posted. baby dust to you and everyone
TO: jammilyn
Yay! I'm glad to have gotten you in a positive place about it. While no method is 100%, it's staying positive that really counts. :)
Can't wait to hear how it all goes. Grow little follis grow!!! :)

TO: m_hahs
*hugs* I'm sorry. We all know how devastating AF can be. I hope talks with your doctor today go well and that he can point you in the right direction.

TO: wantingbaby17
Good to hear from you! :)
Let us know how it all looks going into this IUI. Hopefully the last procedure ever!! hehe
So you already do injectables for your IUI's then? That is great! I'm terrified of having to give myself a shot every day. lol I'm such a weenie, I know.
IVF has such higher chances, but it's still not 100% just like anything else. So don't stress too much over the decision to do one more IUI. You have come this far already.

Yeah, we will do the same thing. The second round of IVF (provided that you don't get pregnant from the first one and that you respond well with lots of eggs) is called an FET (frozen embryo transfer). These embroys made it to 5 days outside of your body and are a blastocyst...ready to implant. Good chance with the second round too. So just stay in the positive and keep us posted! :)

TO: ALL
I'm still waiting to hear back from my doctor's office to set up my HSG for this week. Started my first bc pills on Sunday and just trying to relax. I feel strangely at peace and happy right now :) I guess being on bc and knowing that we won't even be TTC this month can do that for you. ;)
So sorry to here of your AF coming.  I know how hard it is and especially when you are around other people and have to act like nothing is wrong.  It's great that you have such supportive family.  I know how hard it is that, even though you have child, you desperately want another.  Keep trying.  As my dr. said, we erased many issues that it could be just by already having successfully had one.  Take care.
I feel defeated. AF showed up yesterday morning on CD33, which doesn't happen very often. Of course I had an idea AF will come, since I had negative HPTs, but I was hoping they were wrong. I feel more and more discouraged with each failed IUI. I set up an appointment with my dr and will see her on Wednesday to discuss what we can do if my 5th IUI won't work either. Maybe she'll say something encouraging. I was too busy to think about this yesterday but it really hit me today.
Well i spoke w/my doctor today & he wants to do an ultrasound this week before he starts me on any meds. i asked the nurse why & all i really got out of it was b/c i had so many follicles last month they want to make sure everything is looking ok. can anyone be any clearer or know a better reason why they would want to do one before? i always feel like when im talking to them after i get off the phone i always have soo many questions or wish i would have asked more...never thinking straight anymore. so, w/that in mind im not sure where we go from there.

thosenewmans - good luck w/ur HSG. it was for sure uncomfortable & i was really crampy afterwards for several days....bloated too. not to scare just for a heads up!  :)
Hi! I had my HSG last week and it lasted all of 10 mins. It was a lil uncomfortable cos they have to open up your cervix for more than 5 mins; u will feel warm in the belly and some cramps when the contrast is injected (even tho' the cramp really felt more like i needed to poop!). Thankfully, i didn't cramp after and i could still go in the office and worked 10 hours with little to no discomfort. So im confident u'll be fine!

Good luck with the HSG & IVF!

To all- Sorry for AF showing up :(  Mine is around the corner (but with no meds or IUI this month or last.....its expected.

Emilybb22- Thanks for commenting.  Yes my hubby and I need to come up with a plan.  I tell him that people take loans out all the time for cars....etc....We need to investe in a loan to help us to conceive.  I don't have alot of time on my hands....I'm getting old quick :(

thosenewmans- Again I'm so excited to hear your IVF chances.  I hope to get to that point soon.  :)  Good luck with your hcg and b/w.  I had an hcg I would say about 12 or so years ago and it only caused a little cramping afterwards.  I remember I had to go to work after that and I was fine....just a bit uncomfortable.  I only wish I was trying fertility meds back then as well, but I wasn't.

We do need more BFP's this month :)  baby dust to all!!!!!
to check for cysts maybe? when i had 8 follis that time my iui was cancelled the next month they did an u/s to check and wouldnt let me do a thing bc too many were still there.
TO: want2bamommy08
With all these changes and tests and stress and procedures, I have found that AF has been all over the map. I used to have a perfect 28 day cycle withour bc but now it's anyone's guess.
I use an app on my phone to help keep track but sometimes you just don't know. Anyway, I am sure your doctor will be able to give you some good advice on what to do next. *hugs* Just try to stay strong and don't let AF get you down.

TO: m_hahs
Thanks for the heads up. That's about what I expected. ***** but worth it. :P
As for the u/s, I had one on CD4 before any meds to check follicles too. They want to make sure, in my case, that they look good and are "quite". He kept saying that to the nurse who was taking notes, "Left ovary, about 10 follicles, looks good, quiet. Right ovary is quite and has more than 10."
Weird...lol So maybe they are checking if your ovaries are "quiet" and possibly looking for cysts.

TO: peanut17
That's a relief! I am super sensitive, so my last IUI hurt a bit and I had a lot of bleeding/cramping afterwards. But I am glad you got along with the rest of your day.
Were they able to tell you that day the results of the HSG?

TO: hopeful35
Don't say that!! :P It will work out and you will find something that works. Each situation is different, so try to stay positive. None of this old talk. ;)
Had another u/s today. At the moment I have 3 follicles on my left 11-13 and the right is quiet. Im waiting for my call to see when I go back, prolly two days. It's so weird how each IUI is so diff even on the same meds. This is slow and steady where the others jumped the gun a bit. I think its interesting bc the nurse said you dont want it to jump bc that could mean theres problems, well the one that jumped quickest for me cause a preg then miscarried. i just thought that was an interesting thing i hadnt heard before. anyhow...hopefully all 3 will keep growing together, the more the better in my mind for this last iui
That's great news! Keep us updated! :)

TO: ALL
HSG scheduled for tomorrow at 1pm! Someone told me I should take some motrin before the procedure...wish me luck!! :)
Everything looks so positive - 3 growing around the same time is great.  Mine were slow and steady when I got a BFP.  We even decided to wait a day when my biggest was 18 to allow the third to grow.  The best thing.  Good luck!!!
i am new to this forum...this is my 13d post iui, i am due for blood test tommorrow...i had injections/trigger shot...this is my 6 iui...I am so worry...but no symtoms except bloating, breasts, and weird in the abdominal...anyone has other symtoms?  Thanks for reading/sharing...
Welcome good luck tomorrow

thosenewmans: good luck tomorrow let us know how the procedure goes.

All: dr apt went well. Cysts are gone. I start my injections on sun and go back to the dr on the 22nd. This is our last IUI before we move on to IVF. so i am keeping my fingers crossed that it works. I am trying to keep positive thoughts and not stress out.  hopeing for BFP for everyone this month :)  lots of baby dust
Things look pretty positive for you. Hopefully, this will be the month that you will have your BFP- We need some in this room, it has been a while.
def take something, it makes it a little easier. if i remember correctly my dr had me take 6 advil before my hsg
i took a painkiller an hour before the HSG and i was suppose to take some after, but as i felt no pain, i didn't! Yes, the radiologist will tell u immediately if your tubes are looking good or if there's anything wrong. But your obgyn will give u a more comprehensive report. Good luck!
Hi, I'm new to this forum....

I also have been having a difficult time to conceive.
It's so emotionally draining and it's hard to talk to anyone because they don't understand.
My 1st IUI worked then I had a chemical pregnancy ... I was really bummed.
I kept trying over and over again but no luck, I can't even keep track anymore, I'm probably on my 7th or 8th IUI and I'm really hoping this one works.  If not, I am considering IVF.

I didn't know there were a lot of people out there in the same situation as I am.

I'm hoping one day my prayers are answered !!!

Baby Dust to All =)
Hi, I'm new to this forum....

Baby Dust to All =)
TO: babydust2011
Welcome!! This is such a great place to be! :) Keep us updated on how you are doing.
I didn't have very many symptoms with my last IUI and now we are doing IVF so I don't have anything else to compare it to. Sorry!! Hoping for a BFP soon, though :)

TO: wantingbaby17
That is great!! Cysts are so annoying and can hold up everything, so that is such good news. :)

TO: jammilyn
6?! That's a lot!! I guess I need to get something good then. lol I'm so nervous about this stupid test.

TO: peanut17
That's good to know, thanks! I hate all this waiting for test results, so it's nice to actually get something right away.

TO: IHeartForABaby
Welcome!! :) You are not alone! Best of luck on your latest IUI, what CD are you?
I'm starting my first IVF cycle in August. Good luck! :)

TO: ALL
Hey ladies,
I was in that IVF forum and they have this awesome system where one person posts a list of all the women participating in the forum and where they are in their cycle.
When something changes (AF comes or BFP or a new procedure), the person that has the change will update and post the new list. I thought this was just such a smart idea because it will help everyone keep track of where we are!
Now...just have to think of the best way to get everyone's info.

I will start a short list of what I know from all of you and if you want to add your name to it, or add any details, just repost the list. Sorry if I leave anyone off!!! I tried to go back as far as I could to add people.

thosenewmans- Preparing for IVF cycle in August
IHeartForABaby- 2ww IUI
wantingbaby17- Beginnng IUI w/injections
babydust2011- 2ww IUI
jammilyn- Beginning IUI
m_hahs- Beginning IUI
want2bamommy08- AF
Praying2bamommy- Waiting for AF to start TTC
hawkins9- 2ww IUI
peanut17- 2ww IUI #4
Emilybb22- 2ww IUI
greengal79- Beginning IUI
omneia83- IVF FET
thosenewmans - good luck w/ur HSG today! i'll be thinking about u. just take it easy. :)

jammilyn - 3 follicles is great! i hope this works for you. GOOD LUCK!

babydust2011 - welcome! everyone on here is just great! its kind of good to know that there are others in the same terrible situation but @ least we all understand & r here for eachother. i wish u the best of luck!!! keep us posted!

IHeartForABaby - glad you are here. we all welcome you. keep us posted as well!!!

All -  so i was thinking...the last 3 IUI's i've only had follicles mature on the left side. has that happened to anyone or would that make a difference? i will ask my dr on thursday but kind of curious if anyone has any thought on that. Sooooooo ready to get out of town this weekend. we r leaving for indiana tomorrow, it will b nice to get away from it all for a bit. good luck everyone!!!
thosenewmans: Good luck with the HSG. Mine wasn't a big deal at all. I didn't take any pain killers before or after. Just expect some bleeding afterwards, as they insert tubes, etc and they cause you to bleed a bit. Take a liner with you, as the iodine keeps licking out until it gets out with your bathroom visits.

Also, thank you for starting the progress list of where we are. With so many of us in this forum, it helps to remember where everyone is.

ALL: I am off to a 3 week post surgery follow up with the Dr who did my procedure, tomorrow morning. Hopefully, everything will look good. I am hoping that they will give me the green light to start exercising again. I have to wait for a full cycle before we can TTC again, and according to my OB, I should get my AF 4-5 weeks after the procedure. I track my basal body temp and as of today, I still haven't ovulated, and that's 3 weeks post procedure. So, I am hoping that I will O soon, since after that my AF arrives exactly 2 weeks after. Unlike all other cycles, this time, I am reallyyyyy looking forward to my AF.

Hello! It seems a looooooong time since my last post.  It is very nice to read new people (Welcome)!  My UPDATE:  I had my Hysterosalpingogram  (HSG) done in June... it was pretty painful in my case...but I guess it is worth it.  It came out that one of my tubes has a blockage, so I need to go again so they can clear it up, waiting to do it this month or next month.  Then we will start with Clomid again and injections, then IUI, so I am still positive about it. I have to say that this  has been great, since I was so stressed and worried about my IUIs.  I only did 2, but since it didn't work I felt sad and wanted not to think about anything else.  But I guess is a stage after so many situations in life, I know I have to keep my faith up and understand that only God has the perfect time for everything.  

I wish all of you the best during this process and thank you to all of you that sent me emails and were concern about me.  Blessings!!!!
who knew these words would come from my mouth on a forum like this but....i hope AF shows for you super soon :)
I go back to the dr tomorrow for my u/s and blood work, ill let you know where the follis are, id imagine the iui will be through the weekend
good luck today. you are in my thoughts.

m_hahs:  yeah for a couple months straight i only had follies on one side. last month i had on both sides (when i started the injectables)

Praying2bamommy: Hope all goes well and that your AF comes soon.so you can start the process again.

IHeartForABaby: Welcome. there are many of us going thru the same thing. we all understand and are here for each other. I don't know many of these woman and have only been on here for around a month. i think. but i must say i was welcomed with open arms and given some great advice on the days that were extremly hard. I feel that i have met some wonderful people that help with the good and bad days. Good luck to you and your IUI

All: Reposting the list so we don't lose it.
IHeartForABaby- 2ww IUI
wantingbaby17- Beginnng IUI w/injections #4
babydust2011- 2ww IUI
jammilyn- Beginning IUI
m_hahs- Beginning IUI
want2bamommy08- AF
hawkins9- 2ww IUI
peanut17- 2ww IUI #4
Emilybb22- 2ww IUI
greengal79- Beginning IUI
omneia83- IVF FET
welcome! im on my 6th and last IUI...i too got pregnant from one (my 4th) but had a chemical pregnancy. I'm hoping for the best for us all this month. If this doesnt work for me I will probably try IVF.
TO: m_hahs
My doctor said as long as you get some good follies, it doesn't really matter what side. One ovary is obviously dominate, though. :)
Enjoy your little trip!! Relax and try to forget about all this stuff.

TO:Praying2bamommy
Thanks! I thought it would help me keep everything straight. ;)

TO: yaem1
Nice to meet you! :) Thank you for sharing your story. Feel free to add your name to the progress list we started today!

TO: ALL
Well my HSG went really well (better than my last IUI...which I  think the doctor on-call botched. I've barely bled from this HSG and it was a lot longer of a procedure). My doctor (Dr. Heard) was super gentle and very understanding. There was a lot of pain and discomfort, but it wasn't unbearable and it didn't last long. One friend said her HSG brought tears to her eyes...wow. I'm feeling super greatful.
Afterwards, he showed me the pictures. He said my left ovary looks a bit swollen, but I explained that I have a cyst there, and he didn't seem worried. The dye contrast flowed freely through my system. He said the uterus shape was good and my tubes were nice and open. He is a bit concerned about one patch in the middle of my uterus. The lining should look uniform and I had one patch that didn't look that way. It said it was difficult to tell if it was anything and I reminded him of my u/s I had in May to check that out (Dr. Cook did a pelvic exam and thought I might have a polyp. Results: if there is anything there, my lining is so thick that he can't see it and he doesn't think it is am issue). So this may be the same spot, but IF it is a polyp or anything like that, I will have to get it removed before we cam move forward. I really hope it's nothing...because this will delay our IVF cycle and require surgery.
I go back to see Dr. Heard on Wednesday to have another procedure done. It's some kind of transvaginal u/s that will better diagnose if anything needs to be done, or if we can move forward.  I'm super nervous about this and I just want nothing else to be standing in our way. :/
I just e-mailed my doctor to see what he thought. I guess for some reassurance. *sigh*
LOL - I know!!! I thought the same thing. Every month, I dreaded AF and its symptomps. This time, I am welcoming it with open arms :) Oh , how our perspective changes when we face different challenges.
I am glad your HSG appointment went better than you expected. I suppose it all depends on what's happening inside and how the dye makes you fell.

On a positive note, at least now you know that your tubes are open which is the biggest deal out of everything. As for the polyp, again, if that is an issue, now you know and can do the surgery before doing the IVF. You don't want to spend all that $$ on IVF, if there will be anything in the way, to prevent things from sticking. It is ok to delay the IVF as long as you can work out all the issues before you commit to the procedure.
Just wanted to share my experience when I did my first HSG.
I didn't know if I was supposed to take any pain killers before or after the procedure, but they had to use a different type of die because I have an allergic reaction to seafood.
When they first started I thought, oh this is ok, no pain but while watching the monitor, I noticed that when the tie tried to go thru one of the tubes I kept feeling pain and I cried because it was worse then the worse cramps ever. They had to stop and re-do because it was like there was a spasm.  I really dreaded the 2nd try and had to bare the pain.  Lucky for me, my tubes weren't blocked and it's ok.

I have this cyst which is small like a grain of rice, but the doctors said it's nothing really to worry about unless it grows.  Whew, I wondered if that played a part because they seem to have a difficult time searching for follicles when I get the ultrasound done.  There's always a few follicles like 3 or 4.  I was so worried because I'm already 37.

It's been 9 days since my IUI.  I'm waiting for the 2 weeks to get tested but in the meantime, I'm feeling nauseaus and I have headaches.  I'm not sure if it's my allergies or symptoms from the HCG shot. My breasts are also sensative and tender. haha, I don't wanna jump to conclusions yet, the last time I did, I got a negative test. =(

I need to vent so I'll share more info, maybe someone out there has similar thoughts or questions.

So my first IUI that caught, I was on Chlomid and follistum.
Thereafter, I was on follistum only, then for the past 3 tries I've been taking follistum and menopur.  I think the menopur gave me a side effect but the doctors says that's strange. i felt like hot flashes and weak but now I think my body is used to it.
I kinda dread the injections but I am getting so used to it, I'm like a pro .. LOL

I'm not to thrilled about IVF, I'm trying to avoid it but if I have to then I will go for it.  Some people said not to be afraid and it's not that bad. I'm kinda scared but I'm not giving up.
If this IUI don't work, it's IVF for me in August at the earliest.

Good Luck to Everyone again!

me too on all accounts, im so used to injections they are nothing to me. this is my 6th and last iui. if i dont get preg i will probably do ivf. i go back and forth everyday about it but cant live with myself if i didnt try it all. i want to one day when its all said and done be able to say i absolutely tried everything. i probably will only do one bc its so expensive but hopefully this iui will take and i wont need ivf at all. im 32 and my husband is 35 with no health problems either of us and we have an almost 4 year old son conceived naturally trying for a month or so.

all: went for my u/s and blood work this morning. one of the 3 follis slowed growth but the other 2 are now at like 12/13 or 13/14 i cant remember. nurse said shed call later but prolly will bring me back tomorrow. they want to watch closely so a folli doesnt jump the gun and we miss it, prolly having my iui sun or mon. then mon i have my meeting with the dr to discuss ivf and set up my protocol if i choose to do it. this cycle is so so weird. i cant beleive how slow its going compared to my others (but the nurse keeps saying slow and steady is better). i also have constant cramps, headaches and crying for no reason. im on the same dose as last month and had none of that. i also am totally used to injections and never had a problem and this month have bruises all over my lower abdomen where i inject. so weird.
I know this is silly to even think, but I don't want it to be anything because if we have to delay the cycle, that will mean that it will possibly interfere with my job. The kids go back to school on the 22nd and I have staff development stuff starting on the 15th. Of course my boss has been amazing about all of this and said we will work it out, but I always hate to not be there for the kids.

So while I know there is no perfect timing, this really is perfect for me!!
Obviously we will have to remove anything in the way to have the highest chances, but it still ***** to even think about.
If I have scarring, will I have to have surgery to remove that??

Also, the procedure he wants to preform is a SIS or sonohystetography to evaluate cavity. Has anyone else had this procedure?

TO: IHeartForABaby
That is pretty much my story...we gave up on IUI's pretty quick and moved right on to IVF because my insurance covers it. We *should* start in August if everything works out alright.
Hematologist gave me a clean bill of health! Yay for some good news!! :) Hoping for more good news on Wednesday for my SIS test! :)
Same here I will have to start on IVF too in August if this IUI don't work. I'm kinda worrying because, I am having all these nauseated symptoms and headaches. Ugh .. I thought I noticed brown spotting but I'm still on cronine .. I sure hope it's implantation and not an early sign of AF.

To: Jammilyn

I don't like taking the injections anymore, sometimes I get lazy .. haha, but I don't like it when I poke myself then I get a bruise. the doctor says i might have hit a vein or something and that's normal, nothing serious to worry about, but the bruising I notice only occurs with menopur, probably because it's taken with a syringe and the needle although it's small bigger then the follistim pen.

To: EVERYONE

I hope you feel a little more comfort as I do reading everyones stories.  I wish that we shouldn't have to go thru this long process. Sometimes I wonder how can all these people that don't take care of their child and hurt them is allowed to have chidren and the very ones who absolutely adore them and really want children have the most difficult time to conceive.  I just don't get it !!!

So I have 5 long days ahead of me then I find out if this IUI caught =)

Good Nite All
Dear All,

This is my first post even though I have been reading the posts since April 2011 almost daily. that was when my doc asked to go for an HSG. Myself and Husband ttc for the last 2 and half years now. all reports are normal. as per doc we fall under category of 'Un explained Infertility'. My doc asked to have 3 IUI cycles with injectables and now iam on road for the 3rd IUI. First and second being unsuccesful. have no idea from here where to move and definlety do not want to hink about IVF. Hope this works. this forum was really supprotive and help ful for me through out my last two cycles.
I wish we all have our BFP soon....... :-)

thank you guys, it was great to be here. such wonderful group. May GOD bless all of us with healthy babies soon......
TO: IHeartForABaby
Well lets hope this one sticks!! :) But i fnot, we can be IVF cycle buddies. hehe

TO: AnJo1
Welcome! Thank you for sharing your story! Add your name to the list and repost it so we can keep track of your cycle :)

TO: ALL
Well I'm glad Friday is here because it's one day closer to my SIS!! :)
I spoke to my old OBGYN yesterday and she said they would be very happy to give me my shots once we start the IVF meds. I am so scared of needles, and I don't want my poor hubby to be stuck with the job. So that was a bonus. Plus they are very near my house. :)
Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend!! :)
OMG!!!!!!!! I had my u/s and bloddwork today OY!!!! my nurses I love were out and a nurse I dont love did the bloodwork. she poked me 3 times before getting the blood. Then a resident came to do my u/s. He has been watching the nurse I love for a few days but came in to do it by himself. A dr not mine was supposed to do it. I mean i have to believe he knows what hes doing or they wouldnt have let him but he looked like he was 12. So he said one follicle went up to 17. I said great how bout the other he said your next biggest is 10. I said no yesterday it was 14, the nurse said sometimes they go down, is that true??!!!! ive had 5 other iuis and 2 cycles cancelled so 7 others and never heard of that. Now im super emotional this month anyhow so im crying thinking they messed me up somehow and my whole iui will get messed up this time. I know the dr will look at pics but i hope he can tell everything and it comes out ok. i dont know if im so extra cryey this month bc the hormones or also knowing this could be it. no its def the hormones though bc i have lot of headaches too. anyhow im waiting for the call to say either go back tomorrow or the next day but these people are on agan not the ones i like. are you kidding? i have to have 12 year old boy and nurse who cant get blood for my last iui???
Thanks thosenewmans

Here we go ....

Ill: Reposting the list.
IHeartForABaby- 2ww IUI
babydust2011- 2ww IUI
jammilyn- Beginning IUI
m_hahs- Beginning IUI
want2bamommy08- AF
hawkins9- 2ww IUI
peanut17- 2ww IUI #4
Emilybb22- 2ww IUI
greengal79- Beginning IUI
omneia83- IVF FET
AnJo1 - Beginning 3rd IUI

All the best to all of us............ :-)
Just checking in to see if there is any news on your AF yet?
Hello, I just came accross this blog as I was looking for recent blogs to share experience with.  After TTC for 2 1/2 yrs with clomid and without and no luck, finally we decided to go for IVF.
Went to 2 gynes before, did ultrasounds, pelvic exams n wot not....but no luck! Hubby did the Sperm analysis, found out the count was very very low and had low motility.  He took Proviron (Masterolona) and took Testoviron (Testosterone enanthate) injections every 2 weeks.  Helped with the count a bit, but the sperm were too thick.  Kept telling him to go see a urologist, but No....he wouldn't go!!  Went to a RE, she suggested that I check my tubes out, just incase! Did HSG as well and the tubes were open, thank God!!  Couldn't figure out what wa keeping us from getting preg.  Decided to go for IVF.  Doctor suggested going for IUI first. When the RE checked the specimen, we found out that the sperms were so thick that they won't go any where;  the tech tried to seperate them, but they would gather in a lump again.
RE came n told us that it was a genetic disorder and there won't be any pregnancy.  She asked if we still wanted to take the chance.  Despite of the disappointment, v decided to take the chance.  She gave me n my hubby Gonal f injections when doing the first IUI.  She also suggested mucinex and has put him on clomid for 3 months.  Second IUI was scheduled a few days later, there was an improvement for the second IUI;  the sperms were moving in the forward direction, but not too fast.  RE told us that we don't need IVF, IUI's should work, God willing.  We were very happy to hear that there was still hope.  It's been a week since the third IUI, am scheduled to go in next weekend.  I just hope that I get pregnant.  Am very scared.
Well...my 2ww is over...went to the doctor today and got a BFN...my DH and I have decided to take some time off. The past 5 months have been exhausting and I need a break! My doctor will not let me start taking the injections again right away. I have to wait until I get AF and then wait til CD21 and start lupron, get AF again, and then can start taking follistim and the trigger shot, 2 IUIs, blah blah blah... So that makes me wait another 4-5 weeks before starting.  Well as we map it out I am back at work. I know it sounds really silly but I know I will not be in the right mind frame if we are going through all this when I start the school year again. I love my job but it does not allow me to drive back and forth to the doctor :(

I really hope that one of you get a BFP this month! I want hear some more positive stories :)

And welcome to all the new people who joined! This is an awesome place to be!

IHeartForABaby- 2ww IUI
babydust2011- 2ww IUI
hawkins9- 2ww IUI
peanut17- 2ww IUI #4
Want2bmum- 2ww IUI
jammilyn- Beginning IUI
m_hahs- Beginning IUI
greengal79- Beginning IUI  
AnJo1 - Beginning 3rd IUI
want2bamommy08- AF
Emilybb22- AF
omneia83- IVF FET

TO: Want2bmum
Welcome! So glad you are here :)
Best of luck and keep us updated on your IUI!

TO: Emilybb22
Sorry you got the BFN today :( Was really hoping for a positive and some good news on this board!!
How long do you plan to wait? They say it really is best to keep going if you can, so you have it all in your system and your chances are higher with each cycle.
I feel the same way you do. I am worried that we won't be able to start this IVF cycle before school starts again. It sounds selfish, btu my job makes it difficult to be at the doctor every other day, which is what IVF will require. So I hope I don't have to have surgery :(
Well, chin up my friend! And don't give up!! Just a break ;)  
oh boy! this might be TMI but yikes I have a dark brown discharge or something ... I'm kinda bummed but this could also be a sign of implantation bleeding ... I hope so, if not, I have to start IVF prep in about a week, just have to wait for AF .... oh please no AF for me...

How many of you had this experience:
when i did my very 1st IUI the end of July 2010, i got AF 2 weeks later and it was a heavy flow for me but during that time my breast was extremely sore that I didn't think of nothing.
Well 2 weeks had passed then one day I got so irritated b/c i didn't know why they were so sore, so I decided to take a PTest for the heck of it and it was positive... so when i went to the dr. to check they said it is positive but low progesterone and it wasn't growing.  I still feel sad about it to this day, just because 3 other people that I know gave birth around the time I was supposed to if I didn't have a miscarriage ... I always wonder ...

But I'm trying to stay positive ... I always wanted twins so maybe IVF will be my lucky chance ...

Have a great weekend all ~~~~~~ I'm beach bound to relax ~~~~
ok everyone i need your help asap!!!!!...so  my dr precribed me hcg and he called me while i was at work this friday told me to take 25 units or 1/10 of a cc at 8pm friday with my follism shot.  So i started the hcg and loaded the shot to 25 units on the 50 unit insulin syringe and it was painfull when i injected it.  Then after i started thinking if 50 units is 1/2 CC then 25 units from that syringe would be .25 not .1cc....  why would my doctor tell me .1 of cc or 25 units?  did i over dose?  its now the weekend and i'm not sure how much to take :(  help anyone?  the precription says micro HCG 25IU/.1CC...
they say dark brown could be implanting or clearing out leftover "stuff" in you, its bright red that usually is period...or at least thats what ive read and the nurse told me when i was preg then wasnt anymore. it was bright red and that wasnt good, brown was
I think brown is good. I had brown discharge too that started around 10 or 11 dpIUI, but mine turned red and got my AF, which was very unusual since my period has never started like that, so I know it wasn't AF sign. I had other symptoms too besides that, which led me (and the dr.) to believe I had a chemical pregnancy. I hope you get a BFP!!!! Fingers crossed :)))
I'm so sorry about your m/c. I did read on a different forum about women who got their period during pregnancy. I just found out recently that my mom had hers in the beginning when she was pregnant with me.
I hope you have a relaxing weekend @ the beach :)) When are you testing btw?
TO: IHeartForABaby
The discharge might be a good thing! When do you go for your test to find out?
As for the other issue, I am very sorry. It sounds like a chemical pregnancy. :( But that could be a good thing because that means you can get pregnant!
Hoping for a BFP soon!!

TO: greengal79
I'm terrible with math...but I would think 25 units is 25 units no matter how you look at it. Even if the syringe could hold 50 units, you only wanted 25 units. So I think you did it right...
My IUI is scheduled for Monday but I was told do an opk and if it changes call to do it earlier. I did one today and it changed definitely but doesnt seem quite as dark as the other line. Its so close though I almost think it is. I'm not calling but am scared to death that i shouldve. if i miss this ill be so upset. I will do another tomorrow but if ti changes I dont know that theyll say come in now or still wait to mon. omg what if i miss it seriously??!!!
Looks like we'll be cycle buddies this time round! IUI #4 on monday for me too. Took my HCG shot yesterday. Doc saw only 1 mature follicle (at 17) and another (at 11) which she felt was too small. Oh well. Good luck!
well, I'm supposed to test this Tuesday, 7/26 but I'm not sure what is going on.. I think AF is here but then sometimes it feels really light... I just have to wait another day or so to see if it really is AF ... Now my breasts aren't as sore anymore ...
I have a headache and my chest is sore, I think I have anxiety from stressing too much about TTC ... So, if AF comes, I have to go to the doc either on day 3,4 or 5 to do u/s.
Then from there I guess I will have to start my shots for the IVF cycle and go in for the continuation of the IVF consultation.

Aweeee, why me I always think to myself.  I'll watch those movies where people get baby's, like those chickflicks, especially the one that Jennifer Lopez was in and I can't stop thinking about getting a baby...

and the waiting continues .... I pray everyday, please I hope the baby fairy answers us

TO: greengal
maybe they meant 1cc, try look at the syringe numbers, b/c it can only hold so much, plus, you could call the pharmacy and ask them if you can't contact your doctor, maybe they can help with the measurements for your meds