Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
how soon can you ovulate?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

how soon can you ovulate?

After 6 months of nothing after BCP, provera the 2nd time around, finally worked in starting af.  However, now I'm taking my temps and they keep going up!  It started on day 6 of my cycle.  I'm only on day 9, but the past three temps are increasing by at least .1 degree.  what's the deal?  I took an OPK on day 5 (not sure why, just for kicks) and then on day 8 (EWCM) and both were neg.  The one on day 8 was closer to a positive though.  I don't know.  Here are my temps:

CD1-98
CD2-97.7
CD3-97.72
CD4-97.69
CD5-97.91
CD6-97.92
CD7-98.03
CD8-98.19
CD9-98.38
Tags: Fertility
How long is your cycle?  I think you can ovulate as early as cd9 based on my cycle.  I have a 24-26 day cycle. You really should pay attention to your cm.  When you see the ewcm, you are likely to O within 24-36 hours. (which is why you got neg on OPk on cd8) The OPK would prob be positive on cd9 or 10.  So get busy! :)
Thanks:)  I really don't know how long my cycle is because I usually don't O.  I haven't for the past 6 months and before that I was on the pill for 6 years.  I've always been pretty irregular.  Also, it's hard for me to rely on my CM because I get EWCM a lot...well, since I started charting 6 months ago, I would get it and not O, so...but putting everything together, I think I did because fertility friend said I did after I entered my temp today.  Here's hoping!!!!  It would be an absolute miracle!
From the first day of your last period until the day before your next period would be your cycle length.  My last af started on oct 8 and is due to start again on Nov 1. So my cycle would be 24 days long (Oct 8-Oct 31).  So, if you were on cd 9 yesterday, you started on Oct 22. So, try to remember to count the days.  :)  good luck! :)
I know how to tell the length, of a cycle, but my last one was 157 days because I never O, therefore, never bled.  That's why I'm all messed up!  Thanks so much for helping me out!  Let's hope it stays up:)
Hie
I think ovulation time just depends on and individual. Last time i had my periods on 6 June and had unprotected sex on the 24th June and i conceived i didnt get any implantation bleeding but just before the time that i was due (ie 2 June) i was sought of discharging cervical mucus. i didnt have any sign of pregnancy