Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
how to increase egg quality

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

how to increase egg quality

I've been reading on the internet that there is not much can be done to increase the egg quality..

I'm 35 yrs old who had two MC ;both were due to bad eggs..we've done all the tests on the book everything came back normal...

I take prenatal vitamins/calc/dha/vit e ,exercise regularly,no alcohol/caffee..

what else can i do to increase my egg quality?

i took 50 mg of clomid but ended with MC...should I increase the dosage to produce better eggs
There is nothing (that I know) you can do to improve egg quality. It is what it is unfortunatelly :( The older you are the more chances of eggs having "issues" because like you, they have lived longer but that does not mean that all your eggs are bad..... tons of older woman have normal babies. If they don't stick, nature knows best so you just need to hope that you will get good ones:)

You are doing the right thing and have been very healthy so it is a matter of luck:)

best wishes to you:)  and all of us!!!
I have read that DHEA (but I'mnot familiar w/it) & drinking wheat grass can help make the eggies you have stronger, sorta like a "special egg vitamin boost)

Wheat grass is totally gross, so sadly I just can't really drink it (I'm a wimp;)  & the DHEA you DO need to be careful w/it, it's a hormone, so that can be tricky.

Good luck;)

ps how do you know your MC's were cuz of bad eggs?  Did they test them?
thnx for the replies.

ITA17:After the first MC (happened at wk 17 via D*C) ,the baby was examined by the genetic dep...they said they didnt find anything serious and might had happened due to bad egg/sperm..

the second one happened at wk 11(used clomid),we didnt get the results yet..but my doc, is keep saying my age has a big factor on these MCs..

also before the second MC we've done all the tests on me& my DH,,,so the doc. guessing it  might be due to bad egg that we are having these problems...

good luck to us

Accupuncture definitely helped improve the quality of my eggs.  I also started taking Vit B6 and Folic acid supplements in addition to prenatal vits,DHEA   I made DH eat Brazil nuts which contain selenium even tho we did not have male factorissues it does not hurt.  I did get pregnant via IVF and after making these changes my eggs quality improved and we had 11 grade A eggs.  So now I have frozen embbies and I am 32 weeks pregnant.  Good luck    

my doc put it this way. a man releases millions of sperm at a time, many times a week/month (heck some men maybe even per day - LOL). a woman makes one egg, once a month. this just goes to show how precious and impt the egg is in this role. you just need to land on a good one. good luck.
I just started seeing an acupuncturistvthat specializes in women an fertility and she said fish oil can help produce stronger follicles. In particular she recommended cod liver oil. I was 35 when I conceived easily and gave birth to my son and my ob told me 35 is no different than 34. I had a healthy pregnancy and baby. I think past 35 is when things really seem to get tougher for some. I'm now 38 and have been trying for nearly 2 yrs to have a second baby. I was told my age is hindering me but my RE told me that 38 is not bad it's women that are 43+ that can really have difficulty.  
thnx all.

I've been also reading alot about DHEA and how great it is to improve egg quality....I ;d like to hear about other womens story who used it and worked for them

some articles...

http://mthfrttc.blogspot.com/2008/07/cmon-eggs-produce-dhea-info.html

http://ezinearticles.com/?DHEA-Helps-Thwart-Infertility-In-Older-Women&id=702017