Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
i have a polyp

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

i have a polyp

hello everybody, i have done a gyno examination any my gyno found a polyp
in my uterus, i was so scared when he told me that, he said you have a polyp it needs to be
removed and i am so scared to do that, please help has anyone experience that, how is it.
am so terrified of this, i dont know what to do, i tried to get pregnant and now i have this,
am so scared. bye thank u.
Hello please try not to worry about your polyp. I had one a few years back and had it removed in the july of that year, by november I was pregnant with our adorable little boy alfie who's now 19mths. I had it removed under general anesthetic, went in at midday, had the small op removal and my husband picked me up 6.pm. small bit of bleeding and that was that.Please dont feel scared, your doctor shoul reassure you. best wishes and all the best in getting pregnant. I have just had a miscarriage following first ivf attempt to have another child, so am feeling very low and tearful. we have tried for another child since alfie was born so decided to have a go at ivf as i am 40 and our gp recommended it. we now are trying again naturaly and may decide on ivf again if nothing happens.love melissax
hello, thank you very much for your help, as i read your answer i could not stopp crying i can not help it, i just cant believe to have another operation because i had an laborascopy in 2006 and that was so painfull, and i dont want to go the same feeling agin. i am so glad for you having a baby and i wish all the good things of this world to you and your baby, am sorry for your failure ivf but at least you have a baby a star, a hope, and i dont have anything, just pain.
thank you once agin.thank you.
Really sorry to hear your predicament, you sound very low too which is quite understandable. My small op to remove polyp was completely painfree, honestly didnt feel a thing and wasnt sore afterwards either. Get this out the way and keep trying, you are probably much younger than me, so you do have time on yourside. Everyone says to me to stop wanting and thinking about having a baby, to relax and chill because if you are tense and full of stress you'l never conceive, even my dr told me this. best wishes, and keep goingxxx
Yes you are right but i just feel so disappointed, so weak and i cant stop thinking and asking myself why all this has to happen to my why i have to go through all this.
but am sorry i did not mean to offend you no way, mybe i could just not find the best words to expres myself, am sorry.
i am 31 years old now, i need to decide what to do, cant wait, since the medicine is not so strong not so good in my contry because i leave in kosovo, i am thinking to go to turkey for this and to get the opinions of their doctors there, i heard they are good at medicine. but i have a question does this polyp grow by time do you know, can i wait or should i go straight away to remove it, and on what time i mean before menstrual cycle ore after mestral cycle u had your removed, if u remember of course.
thank you for your help.
I had a polyp removed in Sept. I had to take birthcontrol pills for a month before and then they did the procedure.  It was fast and not painful at all.  One minute I was talking to doctor and then the next I was in recovery. I was home within two hours and took the day off to rest.  My mom drove me home and made me some lunch. I was fine with a little bit of spotting and went back to work the next day.  

Risa
dear lona, firstly you didnt offend me atal, we know how fortunate we are to have alfie, he was our miracle child as i never thought i would be able to have childdren due to eating problems and I havnt had a menstrual cycle for years. When I conceived Alfie, the dr said I just threw out an egg a random, it was fertilized and along came alfie. so anyone who says you have to have periods to get pregnant arent telling the truth. Secondly back to your question about did i have it done before or after menstrual cycle, well neither because i wasnt having periods. What happened with me was, they were going t o prescribe clomid, a fertility drug that halps you ovulate, so did an internal to make sure no cysts etc and thats when thay found the polyp. that was in may time  and i had it removed in july, dr wasnt concerned that it would grow bigger just that it would also be stopping any chance of pregnancy and i would have to have it removed so i could begin clomid. after i had it removed i didnt actually take the clomid, just carried on natuarly and had a huge surprise in february the folloeing year when i discovered i was 4.5 mths pregnant! as i didnt have periods didnt have a clue and wasnt showing either.Its a shame you dont have a good health service like we have in england, try not to worry ,but remember when you do have it done, it wont hurt, its very quick, and you'l feel nothing afterwards. let me know how all goes, melissaxxx
I had a polyp removed in sept 2009.  I am going thru IVF though & have a m/c in early Jan.  I had to have another HSG test to be sure polyp didn't grow back.  It was all clear.
Polyps do grow larger & can be removed & possibly grow back.  This does not mean it can happen..but does sometimes.
i just want to thank all of you fox for your info, it was so helpful for me,
i have to see my doc tomorrow and decide for next step.
thank u and i will let u know how it goes.