i have to skip a cycle and told to stop all meds ; inc estrace
well went to the drs yesterday and i have to wait til my next cycle because i have 7 very large cyst left over from the stimulation. i am very disappointed. the dr said that it would be ok to try ourselves but everytime they tell us this they tell me to stop all meds, but here is the kicker... i have an issue with my lining it doesnt want to get thicker on its own so they have me taking the estrace when i am doing the fertility drugs but tell me to stop taking all drugs when we have to skip a month because of left over cysts  and also told me that without my lining wanting to thicken on its own there is a very slim chance of getting preg or if i get preg then a slim chance of carrying the baby. without the estrace my lining stays at a 5 and with the estrace it gets to a 8.. my bf said i should just use it the 2x a day and he will hang me up side down after sex so gravity will take over... boy i gotta love him... men can be so sensitive... i was wondering if anyone used just the estrace with this issue without being told by the dr to use it....any advice will be apprieciated...
I can suggest something natural if you wanted to try it. It's called Vitex Fruit. It works gently with your body to balance progesterone levels. Progesterone helps to ensure that you ovulate and also to build your uterine lining. If your levels are low, you may not ovulate, or if you ovulate, your lining won't be thick enough to support an embryo. I had problems with low progesterone levels, among endometriosis. We tried for almost 3 years without success and had multiple treatments and interventions. We tried the Vitex for 3 weeks and I was pregnant. It corrected my progesterone levels so that we could conceive and made my lining thick enough to implant an embryo.
It's worth looking into if you are on a break from your fertility meds.
Hope this helps!
it is my lining that is more of a problem... since i been doing the fertility thing he has always had me  using the estrace because my lining will reach 8 with it no more and no less without it it will stay in the range of 5 or 6... is Vitex over the counter?... my prgesterone levels they havent said much about so i am not sure but they do have me use the crinone once a day and when they had me using that they told me they have all women in the late 30's mid 40's using it.. lord knows i have plenty of that here also and i do ovulate because i use the ovualtion test. thank you
Vitex is over the counter and can be purchased at GNC. I would talk to your doctor more to understand at what phase your body is having difficulty building the lining. Estrogen works to start building the lining in the beginning of your cycle, at ovulation, progesterone takes over can continues building the lining. A lot of women with lining problems also have problems with progesterone. They can still ovulate, but the levels are too low to build an adequate lining. It would be good for you to know if they suspected the issue was on estrogen side of your cycle or the progesterone...or they could be treating both just to make sure everything is covered. It sounds like your body starts to build the lining and then stops after a certain point, which is why I wondered about the progesterone levels and possibly not being high enough to conitnue the building of the lining. Crinone is a form of progesterone supplement, so they are covering it too.
It can be hard to find the right  balance with fertility medications and very frustrating in the meantime. I'll keep you in my prayers and hoping your miracle is coming soon!
thank you for the info. i will give them a call and ask them. but while i was taking all the fertility drugs (shots and crinone also the estrace) they would have me take the shot with the estrace and then after the trigger shot they made me wait a day and then start the crinone this was with every single iui ... so i was going to use the same routine for the estrace and then oviously no shots and start after the 4th when i am going to ov and start the crinone and estrace for the 2 weeks and if i get my period get ready for the next round of drugs.... this was my plan but i am going to check with the dr with me progesterone levels..... and have some of the Vitex on hand..i wouldnt think that there would be any harm in taking the estrace and vitex.... i can ask a pharmcy about that... as you can tell i am feeling deparate at this point... it has been a total of 9 years i have been trying and my first ended in a mis-carriage... i am trying to keep positive but some days it is hard to do, that is when the bf gives me the old pep talk and we go and do something to keep busy... thank you again for all the help