Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
i want to get pregnant but i have my tubes tied

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I am keeping up with my cycles. but I'm having a hard time getting pregnant. because my tubes are tied what do I need to do so I can get pregnant and how do you know when it is time to be intimate and get pregnant. I need some opinions or advice is what I need to do.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
It may be difficult to conceive after a tubal ligation but not impossible. Reversal of tubal ligation is possible in some cases. The chances of success depend on the type of clamps used, the amount of tubal damage, the time since the tubal ligation, and other associated factors of fertility .It is best to discuss it with your gynecologist about what method would be most appropriate for you. Once you have got the tubal reversal surgery done having sex two to three days prior to ovulation can increase your chances of conceiving. These are the most fertile days. There are many methods available like ovulation predictor kits or tracking your basal body temperature which can help you detect when you will ovulate. I sincerely hope it helps. Take care and kind regards.