Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
implantation bleeding or breakthrough bleeding???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

my partner is on birth control and has been for 4 months she was expecting her period on the 18 but had a light brownish discharge on the 11 and it stoped on the 15 on the 16 she went to the dr and switched from the pill to the shot we just tested on the 22 and it came up negative this is about 4 days after what should have been the first day of her period the last day of intercourse was on the 7 so we tested 15 days after the nurse said the spotting was here period but it meets the description of implantation bleeding all test have been negative so far are we in the clear???
I think that you will be okay you can test again after she is a week late and if its still neg. than shes not pregnant.Switching birth controll can cause alot of changes in a womans cycle including irregular periods and sometimes no period at all.I am pregnant now but for like 5 months before I got pregnant I had spotting and brown discharge(old blood) alot and my Dr told me that it was ok.I think that it is great that you are so intune with her, most men don't know or wan't to know about any of this! Good Job:)
Hi it sounds like its the pill which is doing this it can cause mess ups like periods late and that. I had Implantation bleeding 2 weeks before my period 11 days after my period I received my period 2 weeks after which is really strange. I heard you can have a period while pregnant and my mate mum got pregnant when she was on the pill they don't always work wait till 3 weeks late then go doctor
Please can someone help with my dilemma????
I have tested positive on 2 clear blue pregnancy tests after having a heavy period!!!
My cycle is normally 28/29 days. Me and my hubby aren't using protection as we want a family. My cycle is pretty regular to the dot, however this last month my cycle went on for 34 days, making me c.5/6 days late. I took a pregnancy test after my first day of being late and took one more or less every day after that, all of which were negative.
My period then came and as normal, it was very heavy, but this time it was shorter and I had no pain or bad cramping as I ususally get nor clotting, it did feel different, apart from the heavy bleeding.
I assumed after this that my cycle was a bit helter skelter and obviously I was not pregnant.
However, yesterday, i noticed a discharge which I have had before, during my first pregnancy (I have had 3 m/c), my hubby suggested a take a pregnancy test, which I amused him of course as I had had my preiod (period) there was not chance that I could be pregnant, however when the little plus line started appearing, you can imagine my shock!!!
Sorry to waffle on, but has anybody ever heard or known of this??
I have read that it can be breakthrough bleeding where the HCG is not strong enough to prevent your period from happening, and you end up being pregnant.
I am due to go to the EPAU today as due to my 3 m/c I am high risk and as soon as I become pregnant they need to keep me under close watch and provide treatment to help the pregnancy this time. Whe I told them my predicament, they didn't know what it was. They have said they will test and do bloods to check what my HCG is doing. If anyone can help, I would be very greatful.
I don't want to get my hopes up as having 3 previous m/c it s hard to get excited when I am pregnant or to believe that this time will be different. So far it is certainly that after having negative tests, then a heavy period and now 2 positives!!! HELP!

Kirsty
Wow! What an amazing story! I have heard of women having what seem to be normal periods in early pregnancy, though, so it might not be anything to worry about (although, I understand where you're coming from...I've had two miscarriages myself).

Best of luck at your appointment today!