Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
increasing sperm count and testoterone naturally

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hi everyone,
I have been with my DH 10 years with no pg.We tried for a year early on and found out he had low sperm count and low testoterone.I had a pg hope this last month which made us want to try again.I am 32 with one ovary so I feel time is wasting.Decembers AF was that consistent of implantation bleeding, but blood test was below 5. :( Hoping its not signs of early menopause.I bought some vitamins known to help increase sperm count but am lost on increasing testosterone in a natural way.I am wondering if anyone has tried any methods on either and what the  results were. In March the health ins changes and I am going to take him to an endocrinologist for testing and advice.(And myself is AF is irregular)Til then I want to do what we can at home.
Thanks Patti
There is a book called "treating your infertility" it is about using Traditional Chinese Medicine to help with male and female infertility. I had it but left it at work there was a section that talked about natural herbal (chinese) herbs that can help the sperm.  Maybe accupucture will help.
siberian ginseng, vitamin E, and caffeine. it really works. either the ginseng or the vitamin e is the one that increases the testosterone. i forget which. worked for us though.
My DH just started taking the GNC male infertility blend, but it takes about three months for sperm to mature, so we won't know if it has helped for a few months.  I'll let you know if it works!
A word of warning-- do not let the doctor give your husband tesosterone injections to treat his low testosterone.  This will increase his serum tesosterone, but the intratesticular testosterone level needs to be high for sperm production.  A higher serum testosterone level will actually supress the intratesticular level and cause azoospermia.  I know this because it happened to my DH.
I just had m/c 2 wks ago and have been reading up on natural ways to increase sperm count. Arginine, an amino acid is one. Ornithine another amino is supposed to increase the effectiveness of arginine. I haven't got to GNC yet, but thought if he starts now it should help in a few weeks when we can try again. We are both older and don't have any kids yet, so I figure every little bit helps! lol
I am glad you told me that.I just made an appointment for the endo and was going to ask about Hormone replacement therapy. But I wont if thats what will happen.I will just try natural ways only.Keep in touch and let me know if it helps your DH. After 9 years I would like to see something positive.