is it painful to have an IUD removed?
I'm having my IUD removed in about a month and I'm looking for women who have had their's removed and wondering if it's as painful as having it put in. Please give me info if you have it.
Thank you.
i think it was more painful putting it in then out........
Hi! I just had my IUD removed in July. It didn't hurt me at all! I didn't believe my doctor when she said it wouldn't hurt (because of what it felt like being out in) but if it did at all it was sooooo quick you don't even have time to register the pain. It's like the shortest quickest period cramp. Don't stress! It is seriously no biggie at all. My doctor said 1- 2- and pulled on 3, then she asked if I wanted to see it and I was like" that's it?"
Good luck!!!!
You won't feel a thing when remove IUD.  just little pinch that's it.  

I had my IUD in april 03 and recently removed on july 07.  i think when they put it in is more pain then taking it out.

The only thing you might be aware is your cycle might be off little while for your body to adjust.  my cycle usually 28 days and when I took it out, my cycle is 39days for first month (aug) and then in sept - nov my cycle is 30 days.  it's really hard to conceive when you cycle throw you off like that.

good luck and take care
I just had my paragard removed 2 days ago after having it for 2 years. I was so nervous/scared that it was going to be painful!! However it was NOTHING! My ob gave me a 800mg motrin less than five minutes prior to removal, located the strings,told me to take a deep breath and it was out. I had slight spotting aprox 3-4 hrs afterward and some mild cramps that evening. It was nothing compaired to the placement!