Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
is there a chance I could be pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

is there a chance I could be pregnant?

I started my last period on the 11th Jan and finished on the 14th then had unprotected sex with my partner on the 19th. Is there a possibility that I could be pregnant,if been searching on the web but still unsure. any answers please?
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.
Usually in a woman with normal menstrual cycles the week before and week after menses is considered as a safe period since the chances of conceiving during this time is less. It is best to wait for your periods. In case you miss your periods take up serum HCG determination as it is a more sensitive test for detecting pregnancy. Do write to me again with more queries.
Best luck and take care!
Avatar n tn
I did the check to see when my ovulation would be it was two days after the unprotected sex.