Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
is there a pill that can bring on your period?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

is there a pill that can bring on your period?

ive been seeing posts on the forum that mention some sort of pill that can bring on your period...anyone know what its called? or is it just to be used after a miscarrage (miscarriage)? af is now almost 3 weeks late, and im begining to think she will never be back, i talked to a friend whos a nurse and she said that after an iud removal it can take up to a year for your period to return...what?? i was under the impression it didnt mess with your cycles much

thanks morgan
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
184622_tn?1258559967
Hi! They usually use either Provera or Prometrium. At least those are two i have used in the past.  Hope that helps!
Blank
180395_tn?1287497597
I was on depo shots for over a year and my doctor gave me provera to get my period started again..  It worked!
Blank
174483_tn?1327629077
i looked up those meds, but along with them came some at-home remedies id like to share with someone in my situation, if mestration is delayed, you can try so herbal teas to bring it on(suposably, we will see in a few days!) parsley tea is the number one herb tea recomended(i know yuck!) but im going to try it(never heard of it, yet i will go looking today haha)
Blank
174483_tn?1327629077
thanks i will....im going to google those meds right now!
Blank
Hi,
Yes ther are medicines. Aftr my m/c in last march i got my first period then aftre that no period for 3 cycles, my doctor in india gave me 5 day course of some tablet (sorry dont remember name) and i got my period aftre 10 days. So u ask ur dr. for the tablets. gud luck
Blank
Provera does work well lady's, but this pill will not allow your body to ovulate regularly. It brings on your period but like birth control you will not ovulate ! Check into this when taking it and ask more about it if your trying to get pregnant .
I just recently lost my baby at 6 mo of being pregnant, I never thought I would take it as hard as I did . Me and my fiancee' are trying to get pregnant again I haven't came on my period in a month now. It was regular after the loss of the baby, but now I'm having irregularity's now. I'm not pregnant but I would like to know what could I take (natural) to bring on my period and I ovulate also ! ?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...