Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
iud
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

iud

I just had my mirena iud taken out on dec 9th.  I had unprotected sex for the first 3 days afterward. On the third day (thurs), i started bleeding as if i was going to start a period but by saturday i completely stopped bleeding.  I read that you are fertile immediately after iud removal. My question is.... How likely is it for me to be pregnant?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
212720 tn?1304379015
I was the same way had mine out on a Monday, then light bleeding started on Thurs for a few days which went away. Then full blown period came 3 weeks later.  

No clue if you are pregnant. You would have to take a test.

They say that period is often delayed to 4-6 weeks after IUD removal. But to exxpect spotting or light bleeding prior to that time.
Blank
178698 tn?1228777938
More than likely you aren't pregnant anytime soon after the IUD is taken out. You've got a wait a while before your hormones get back to normal.  You're probably safe.
Blank
i just put yhe iud a week ago now i want to remove it. what can i do
Blank
Hey I also just had my IUD removed after a year and a half. At first for the first 6months I enjoyed having my IUD In however, shortly after I started discharging and it was very smelly. Once going to the doctor I was told it could possibly be my IUD WHICH was when I scheduled for the immediate removal. Now seeing all of your post I now know I wasnt alone.
Blank
I hve dis iud remove on jan 31 and same day hve my period and it stop on feb 5 ... And i feel dizzy and hungry .. But still neg ... How long can i get pregno :( i want a bby boy
Blank
I had my iud takin out 5 months agi and just got a possitive result but its completely diff for everyone. Good luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources