Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
jealous of pregnant women and newborns

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

jealous of pregnant women and newborns

is it a bad thing to be jealous and envyous over pregnant women. i cant help it i want that so bad. it makes me mad that they have a baby and i dont. my sister is pregnant with her 2nd and i decided i dont wanna go home in july when her baby is born bc i cant handle that. is that bad
Tags: Fertility, Babies, Baby, friends, negative
It's completely normal.  But as long as it's a healthy normal feeling you'll be alright.  I seriously doubt you're like these lunatic women out here who steal babies from hospitals or like the woman we had here in MO last year that cut a woman's baby out of her stomach. Now those are lunes who go overboard.  But what you're feeling is completely normal and understandable.  I'll keep you in my prayers, hoping you get your BFP this month!  Good luck and lots a sticky baby dust!
I know just how you feel...when my friends or relatives have babies I just can't seem to go around them for a while cause all I can do is cry.  How stupid is that?
Just two posts ago you were all about thinking positive thoughts.  What happened?  

I'm a real believer in thinking positive,  banishing the negative,  attracting great Karma.    You're still stuck in the negative.

Exude joy,  and it will come your say.

(Sorry to sound so hokey,  and don't mean to be critical,  but your last post was so exciting to read,   and within an hour you're back in the negative.  KEEP POSITIVE!!)
I am completly with you. Sometimes I even feel myself getting angry at pregnant women and women that have just had babies. My friend just announced her pregnancy, and I acted happy, but inside I felt just anger and jealousy. I hate that those awful things are going on in my mind, I want to be happy for everyone else, it is just so hard.
I understand, sometimes it's so easy to fall right back into negativism when you feel you have the world conquered........
Just a little 'sign' or a little 'mishap' can trigger negative and anger from any woman that has been put thru hell and back.....
^^ Is right tho, you have to get yourself back in track and attract all the POSITIVE KARMA.........otherwise the negativity will eat you....

I know is not easy, and i find myself getting worked up with certain pregnant women that know i have gone thru what i have gone thru and i feel the 'throw it' in my face that they are pregnant and not me........FORTUNATELLY i have a hand full of preggy friends that HAVE gone thru what i have and understand me to the T!!!!! i met them here and they are my BESTEST of the BEST friends!!!

Just walk away from the things that hurt you the most (if you feel you can't handle it) and pamper yourself!! go shopping! get nice shirts and pants! something you couldn't if you were preggers......., go to get a massage!!! hmmm!!!.......or get your fave girlie drinky at redlobster!!! yummy!!!! ;)
I totally understand how you feel and rightfully so.  It is also very hard for me to be around pregnant women, babies and small children.  I have been struggling with infertility issues for years and a recent miscarriage of twins.  Duing this time, my sister has has two children and a third on the way over the past 3 years with no complications.  I just found out the other day that IUI is no longer working for me so I have to move onto IVF.  My relationship with my sister has been ruined over my infertility and I recently had to sit behind a pregnant coworker who got pregnant by mistake while trying a new birth control pill.  It was absolutely torturous and sickening.  She didn't even want her baby, but gave birth last week and here I have been waiting for years to have just one miracle.  In addition to this, there are othe women at my job that recently has babies.  I'm trying to remain positive, but believe me, it is really difficult at times.  I can't help but feel like why do I have to spend so much money to get pregnant when people do it naturally all the time, as this is how it is supposed to be?  Keep the faith and hang in there, you will have your miracle one day.
I'm really sorry, but I don't understand your post. Your profile says you are expecting your first baby next month. Is that right? Why are you envious of pregnant women if you are pregnant? Why are you jealous of women with babies when you are having one next month? I guess I'm really confused. If you are not pregnant and I am mistaken, then please know that I am wishing for your BFP!!!
I just realized you responded to this post from March of 2007. This post is almost a year old!!!
Dont worrry. im infertile and i have the same problem at times.......grr but dont think its so sweet also, I cant tell you about how many complaints these pregnant have...oh my feet are swollen...im getting hot flashes and their attitudes? NOT something to be jealous about...hope all goes well and remember to keep your spirits up!