Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
just curious what my next move is

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

just curious what my next move is

So iam a 28yr old,had my tubes tied June 2010, didn't have a period for 11mo after that,since then they have been right on every 28days, that is until now, now I have had a intense pain on my left side for over a week comes and goes but mainly stays, and iam about a week late, has this happens to anyone else? Just not sure what to make of this...
Tags: what
I would take a pregnancy test to be sure "no one" snuck by.  If it's neg go see your doctor.  Good luck to ya.
The delay in your periods can be due to either pregnancy(mainly ectopic) or post tubal ligation syndrome. Tubal ligation is not 100%fullproof for prevention of pregnancy and sometimes pregnancy may occur which may be ectopic in nature.

Post tubal ligation syndrome is also common. It is often the result of a rapid decline of estrogen/progesterone hormone levels caused by the blood supply being decreased to the ovaries during the TL surgery.

High level of stress, cholesterol, hormonal imbalance, chain smoking, dramatic changes in your life style may also be some of the common causes of your irregular periods. Other important and frequent cause of irregular periods are PCOS and fibroid uterus.

Without clinical examination and ultrasound lower abdomen or hormone evaluation, diagnosis is tough. An examination by you gynecologist will be the best.
I hope it helps. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Well still no period, feeling extreme pms or Prego, I had my tubes tied during a c section, calling my doc just to be safe that's for the advice I will give an update when i learn more