Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
just had my first IUI..what to expect now?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

well ladies after 3 months of being on clomid..finally on my 4th round of clomid 150m i had a good follicle so i got a trigger shot...and went back the next morning with my hubby to do the IUI..i gotta say i was so nervous i was sweating..but it went pretty quick and $245.00 later now im 2 dpiui and im waiting to see what happens..i had pcos and i take met so its been hard for me to get preg. and we have been trying for almost 2 yrs now..im really hoping this was the one and that the spermie got the job done...when should i feel any sympthos if i am preg.? and whats the soonest i can test anyone have any ideas? anything will help!
thank you.
I can not remember when I tested after my IUI.  But I just wanted to say SSBD to you!!!!  Keep us posted!  I fond out on Aug 9th!!  I hope we are both BFP together!
Just had our iui done on Monday so far my symptoms are a full feeling, af cramps, going to br in middle of night, and this morning laying in bed got about 6 stabs to my right ovary... who knows maybe just mind playing with me??  Will find out 8/12 probalbly af will show her ugly face...know should have hopes up but don't.... ours is male factor..
ok first of all let me wish you the best of luck, now with that being said, I have had 6 IUI's and every single one of them yielded different symptoms, if you took a trigger shot, I would start testing at 7 days past the trigger, to see if it is out of your system, usually it takes anywhere from 7-11 days to leave your system, if you start testing then, and its negative then you get a + at a later date you can pretty much know its a for real + result, I had heartburn sore BB, bloated, gassy, lower back pain and cramps, each at differnt times past the IUI, each time I thought ohhh this is it.. and it wasnt, I am not trying to be the pin that bursts your bubble, just trying to be realistic, so many times I thought I am pregnant, and got sooo excited only to find out I was not, and it was devastating, I have done so much research,and the bottom line is, usually, noone can truly know there pregnant by symptoms till after AF was supposed to be due, now I know some people do have early syptoms (symptoms) BUT the majority do not, so I guess the way I look at it is,, if this worked there may not be no way to know till later, so dont stress for the next 10 days.. I am not being negative, I am really a + + + peron, but I also know that when someone says oh I think this is it, it gets my hopes up so high, that when I am not I come crashing down hard. again good luck to you..
                                                                                                   LUCI,
I would say do NOT test unti 14 dpo...that's what my RE said.  I know it's hard but try to wait.  I had no pregnancy symptoms and thought AF was coming.  On day 14 I had a positive test and my beta was a 72.  No symptoms started until about a week later so dont let symptoms or lack of tell you if you're prego! GOOD LUCK!!!!~
I had a blighted ovum last year and honestly I thought I was not prego until the test, had the af cramps, mood swings, I also have fibromyalgia my symptoms of fibro went away about a week before I tested but did not notice until took the test but I did have cramps the whole time even after found out it was a blighted ovum. Our whole thing is the male factor -- have been thinking of donor sperm have any of you ??
The clomid can make your nipples extremely sensitive after ovulation... this can play with your mind a little and make you think it is the BFP... so watch out for that..

My early pg symtoms (symptoms) were mild heartburn and mild sore bbs.. mostly around the edges.. Oh and increased thirst.. Minor waves of nausea, but it was so mild, I didn't know if it was real or in my head..

It takes about 10 days for hcg trigger shot to get out of your system, so I'd start testing about 10 or 11 dpiui... Get the good ones.. First Response Early Results  (FRER).. Don't waist your time with the cheapies.. they aren't worth it..  

Good luck... I'm really excited for you..  3 months is a long time to wait to try.. :)  Take care..
I have just got my 1st insemanation today with donor..I go again in the morning for a 2nd insemanation. I go back in 14 days after tomorrow for a PT..I'm scared and excited all in onei can't wait to take my PT and praying that it will be POSITIVE.....I will keep you posted.....I don't know what you really were trying to ask but i hope this helped you, If you go the donor route you are not alone......Good Luck and God Bless...Baby Dust to Us.....
I've taken clomid for 5days at 100mg a day. how long will it take for you to know you are pregnant.
right now i'm experiencing bloating and upset stomach. especially after eating certain meats, i've been praying to god that when i go to the doctor in October i will be pregnant. What were some of your symptoms.
I am now 12 days post my first IUI.  Scared to take a pt - afraid of the disappointment.  no symptoms that I can tell other than a little nausea and some lower back pain.  Did anyone have any other symptoms after 12 days?
I am suppose to find out if I am pregnant tomorrow with a blood test! I took a hpt today and it was neg. This is my first IUI and I have no symptoms just upset stomach from worrying!! Doctors have said that I am normal and my husbands sperm was normal for the first time the day of the IUI! Anybody going crazy like me or have any advice?
I am 14 days past iui and i was really hoping this round would work...This is our 3rd round of iui with no drugs.  
I am feeling very down about this being our 3rd attempt and I think AF is going to show her ugly face this weekend..
Does anyone have any ideas if (after each iui) the chances of conception get better? I am so frustrated...I keep praying ...and I know this is in God's hands..but it doesn't keep me from being frustrated and sad....
any help?
Hi i had my IUI today. And its first try. Having so much of abd pain. Cant walk properly and sit. And i went to pee 6-7 times which i never do before.Is anybody having the same problem.

Best Regrds
Viki