laprascopy covered by insurance??
I had my lap done in May. My husband called our insurance company right before to make sure everything was taken care of. The lady said that the nurse who scheduled the surgery called and it was "taken care of". Well I got a letter from our insurance company yesterday saying that they are not covering ANY of it because the diagnosis is not covered under our plan. Now my doctor wrote it off as painful periods not infertility and even if he did my insurance is "supposed" to cover up to $5,000 for testing for infertility....and we called them! What the??? Has anyone else had their insurance not pay for a laprascopy? If they don't cover that what in the world do they cover???? geez.
my doc said that if they wrote that it was for pain they would pay for it you
have me worried i just had mine done on the 3rd. DId they find anything out with yours?
Was your period late the monthe that you had it done? mine is 6 days late but i have been having cramping for the last week or so
My insurance does not cover infertility treatments but it does cover infertility tests.  So, they paid the majority of the bill.  You should fight them to pay your medical bill.
Apes: Yeah my period was about a week late after my lap. They found a very small patch of endo but nothing that would have prevented me getting pregnant.
Helen: Yeah, we are calling them on Monday to figure out why they didn't pay for it considering we called them beforehand and they said that it was taken care of. Either way they should be paying for a majority of it considering they pay for infertility testing if that it was they wrote it done as but my doctor said he was putting it for pain...who knows. I guess we'll find out on Monday I guess