Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
low day 21 progesterone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

low day 21 progesterone

Well i thought it would be a good day. I had my day 21 progesterone drawn. Last month it was 80 and I wasn't pregnant! This month my egg looked better than last month, and the progesterone was only 9!! Crappy!! I thought this month would be better. The nurse at the RE office it confused, she says she thinks that i was probably pregnant last month because of such a high number and that i had early m/c. . . I don't know if i think that, but either way now I'm depressed. She said if i am pregnant now they would put me on supplemental progesterone, but not until a pregnancy is confirmed, and I don't get a HCG bloodtest until next friday! Anyone had a viable pregnancy with low progesterone??
i did but i had to take suppositories morning and night and had to get shots twice a week until 12 weeks good luck
check out these websites on progesterone in pregnancy....

http://www.justmommies.com/articles/progesterone-pregnancy.shtml

http://www.pinelandpress.com/faq/hormonelevels.html

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/earlyfetaldevelopment.htm

hope this answers some of your questions...
Thanks everybody for your input. Yeah i am sure I ovulated, they gave me HCG trigger last friday and had IUI sat. Am doing BBT and it rose on Sunday. So i am pretty sure I ovulated on the same day as the IUI. Anyway. . . I looked at all those websites posted above, and it seems that around 9 is the low for norm during  1st trimester. So i guess there is still a chance for this to be my month. Here's hoping! lots of baby dust to everyone else!
I don't know why the nurse told you that. There is no progesterone level that indicates pregnancy- only ovulation. It sounds like they were monitoring your follicles, but are they certain that the prog. test was done one week post ovulation? With my current pregnancy, my RE ordered a prog. test at CD21. I protested to his nurse, because I knew I didn't ovulate until CD18 or 19. She told me to have it done anyway. Sure enough, my levels came back around 6. Turns out the test was done too soon, and now I'm 12 weeks, 2 days!
My husband and I ttc for 17 cycles with no luck.  My doctor said I had "unexplained infertility."  After two cycles using just IUI, we decided to try clomid & IUI.  During this cycle, I never received a positive surge on my OPK, so we did not end up getting the IUI because we couldn't time it.  But, on CD14 I experienced a strong pain in both my ovaries for about an hour.  I then had the day 21 progesterone test and the nurse called to say I hadn't ovulated based on the results (she did not give me a number).  I had been taking my BBT and that showed that I had ovulated (as I had been all the previous months). However, at 11 dpo I took a pregnancy test and it was positive.  I was not put on any supplemental progesterone.  No one even brought up how strange it was that I got pregnant even though the Day 21 test said I didn't ovulate.  Anyway, my son was born at 36 weeks at 5 lbs. 15 oz.

We are ttc #2 and I'm on my first round of clomid again.  I go in for my day 21 progesterone test today.  We'll see if the same thing happens again.  I hope so :)
OMG... I have been searching high and low to find the answer to this... ok, I am on clomid 50mg and my Okp said positive day 18 and 19. Had a day 21 progesterone test done and it came back very low at 6. But I was feeling ill on day 30 and just took a preggo test and it was positive???? I couldn't believe my eyes and have taken another 2 and they are all positive... could this be for real and I could really be pregnant? Pls help me Im going mad....