Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
lower back pain around period and ovulation post D&C

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I am having severe back pain during my period and around ovulation.  I have had 2 cycles post miscarriage / D&C and the back pain has been intense both cycles.  Is this normal?
i guess this is normal being that myself as well had bad bad back pain during my miscarriage and before my d&c.. during my period i always have bad back pain.. u could get meds for the back pain and drink plenty of fluids thats what i do..  
Has your period changed in any other way besides the added back pain since your D&C?  In intensity or duration?  Are your periods lighter? Or shorter?
Yes, I would say they are a little shorter and lighter.  I've always had a little bit of back pain in the past.  But this back pain is intense and not only around my period, but around ovulation as well!
Well, I don't know if this applies to you, but if you don't get your BFP this month,  please check with your RE about looking for scare tissue as a result of your D&C.  They would check this with a sonohysterogram or a hysteroscopy.
Maybe they already checked for that after your D&C in a follow up?
  I have this, and it can cause lighter periods and worse cramping in the back and tummy (it can also interfer with your fertility) .  
  Your D&C and your symptoms may be totally unrelated, but it is just a thought as to why you may be experiencing this.   I Really think it would be worth mentioning to your RE.  
Thanks for the info! I've been trying to make an appointment today and the office was supposed to call me back.  I guess I'm gonna have to call them again.  
I had a follow up post D&C and they did a pelvic exam and didn't think anything was wrong.  but that was before I had any period or ovulation.  So I guess I'll try to get in and see what's going on!  Thanks again!
That's a good idea.  Like I said, just make sure to mention that you've had a lot worse cramping, and your periods are lighter than before the d&c,   Just make sure that they do not brush you off, as they sometimes will.  You may even mention that you are wondering if any scarring could have formed, then it would put them in that mindset.

Good Luck and Please let me know what they say when you speak with them!!!

xo,
Melissa