Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
lupus and endometriosis?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

lupus and endometriosis?

Anyone here have both endometriosis and lupus?  I currently have PCOS, and just had a lap done in December which confirmed endo and I had the adhesions removed.  I have been battling all sorts of illnesses for years now and never felt right.  I keep begging doctors to check me for whatever they can, and they just blow me off.  Today, for instance, my glands are huge, my throat is sore and I'm really achy and feel like ****.  This, to some degree, happens several times a week for me.  Either lasting all day or just part of the day, sometimes really bad like today, sometimes more mild.  I've had mono TWICE and in the last year I had one of the bouts of mono, the flu, several colds and strep.  My glands are almost permanently swollen, including not just my neck, but I have frequent pain on the top outside edge of both breasts, so I'm assuming it's swollen glands.  When I told my OBGYN about the glands in both places, she suggested I get checked for lupus.  I was supposed to start an IUI on my next cycle (my first IUI) in about 3 wks, and I have a dr's appt on Tues, although I'm pissed because it's only with the RN, not the doc, so I'm not sure how much testing she can actually do, especially since I heard lupus is tough to dx.  I'm particularly concerned now because I did a search and keep finding all this info on how you are at a much higher risk for lupus with endometriosis.  I've even read some of the same about PCOS, which I also have.  My only thing is that the only joint pain I've had has been in my ankle.  It started about 3 years ago, and it seems to come and go.  Like, it'll be pretty persistent for 3-6 months and then go away for months and then come back.  Sometimes it's so bad I can hardly walk, which sucks cuz I'm a waitress.  When it first came on my ankle was swollen, but that's the only time it was swollen.  When it first happened I had it x-rayed, and they said it was fine.  So I don't know if I qualify for possibly even having lupus because I thought that joint pain and arthritis was the main symptom.  Plus I don't think I've had any rashes.  However, I have had a CRAZY intolerance to heat in the past two summers, which I NEVER had in my life!  I'm italian and used to be able to stay in the sun for days without protection, without being bothered and without hardly even getting tan, much less burnt.  Now, the past two summers, I couldn't even mow the lawn anymore or be outside if it was hot (I'm a serious gardener) because my face would turn beat red, my heart would race and I would get feverish with the chills.  Any thoughts?
I meant I'm going to see the Nurse Practioner (NP) not the RN!
Hi just wondering if you were ever diagnosised with Lupus? I have had systemic lupus for 10 years and have recently diagnosed with pcos and am wanting to get checked for endo! After reading the signs I have every one  of them and the pain I am suffering is unbearable! I would like to know if there are other women that suffer from these 3 diseases!  
hi there - i know this is a really old post - so not sure if you will even see this.
i also have lupus - pcos and endo along with other illnesses that seem to come along with this. i was wondering if you did have endo and to what extent? i have stage 4 severe endo which went undiagnosed for years and am now waiting to see my specialist with regards to endo on the diaphram as been getting alot of pain under right rib and right shoulder.