Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
metformin side effects
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

metformin side effects

I got my af last night my Dr want me to add metformin to my clomid this cycle I started the metformin last night almost immediately I start get stomach pain not cramps from af but pain the diarrhea sorry for tmi I know is a side effect but does it go away I need to increase my does in a week then again in another week I don't want it to get any worse any advice
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Anyone?
Blank
It should get better soon once your body adjusts. Eating sugary foods gives me side effects. I have no side effects as long as I eat low carb and avoid alcohol. Also, make sure to take it right when you start eating, or right before, not on an empty stomach.
Blank
604185_tn?1233964457
Why are you on metformin? Do you have pcos? I was on metformin too and don't remember having any side effects. I guess once it adjusts to your body you might feel better. Also, there are good chances of getting pregnant while taking clomid with metformin.
Blank
HI I have PCOS but lost 6 kilos and actaully fell pregnant with out the metformin but I didnt know i was already pregnant and started taking it my doc told me to stay on it for 16 weeks and so i did and i did have a bit of diarrhea but it seemed to just go away and yes i found if i ate to much sugar it was worse.It is a matter of ur body getting used to it good luck :-)
Blank
1268796_tn?1332897051
  I became very weak and tired on glucaphage...also had diarrhea for fisrt week and then went away...getting ready to start back on it tongith actually for my next FET. Oh goodie(:  Best of luck...I have heard amazing results from glucaphage. my last round of IVF i was on it for weeks prior and had excellence results of embryos compared to previous cyces!
Blank
1268796_tn?1332897051
OH..AND DONT DRINK ON IT..ONE DRINK MADE ME FEEL LIKE I HAD HAD 5..NOT FUN!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...