Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
metformin side effects

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

metformin side effects

I got my af last night my Dr want me to add metformin to my clomid this cycle I started the metformin last night almost immediately I start get stomach pain not cramps from af but pain the diarrhea sorry for tmi I know is a side effect but does it go away I need to increase my does in a week then again in another week I don't want it to get any worse any advice
Anyone?
It should get better soon once your body adjusts. Eating sugary foods gives me side effects. I have no side effects as long as I eat low carb and avoid alcohol. Also, make sure to take it right when you start eating, or right before, not on an empty stomach.
Why are you on metformin? Do you have pcos? I was on metformin too and don't remember having any side effects. I guess once it adjusts to your body you might feel better. Also, there are good chances of getting pregnant while taking clomid with metformin.
HI I have PCOS but lost 6 kilos and actaully fell pregnant with out the metformin but I didnt know i was already pregnant and started taking it my doc told me to stay on it for 16 weeks and so i did and i did have a bit of diarrhea but it seemed to just go away and yes i found if i ate to much sugar it was worse.It is a matter of ur body getting used to it good luck :-)
  I became very weak and tired on glucaphage...also had diarrhea for fisrt week and then went away...getting ready to start back on it tongith actually for my next FET. Oh goodie(:  Best of luck...I have heard amazing results from glucaphage. my last round of IVF i was on it for weeks prior and had excellence results of embryos compared to previous cyces!
OH..AND DONT DRINK ON IT..ONE DRINK MADE ME FEEL LIKE I HAD HAD 5..NOT FUN!