Aa
A
A
Close
missed birth control pill during IVF cycle help!
Hi!

I was put on birth control for 21 days to suppress me in preparation for my ivf cycle and forgot two birth control pills last week because I was super sick and just didn't think about it, I am so annoyed with myself and super worried now. I got some light bleeding/spotting from the missed pills but kept taking the pill as usual as soon as I remembered and it went away after two days.

I can't see my doctor until the 31st so when I called they told me they don't know if a follicle already started growing from the missed doses of the pill.. I'm so upset and it feels like forever to wait a week to find out. I know it's my fault but I am freaking out that I might have messed up my whole cycle and will have to start later :( did anyone forget their pills too and were able to start on time regardless?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
18524847 tn?1465599501
Mistakes happen.  Try not to be too hard on yourself.  I've not had this happen but you'll just have to deal with things if it turns out to be worst case scenario.  Will it just delay the process?  Please come back and tell us what happens!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources