Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
my cycle was so off what is this.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

my cycle was so off what is this.

I was on my first round of clomid last month.. my cycle came 14 days last and was really off first d. Was very very ligth and just pink.. sorry if this id TMI.... 2nd day it was brown and thick like with a lot of MC.  3rd day was the same as the 2nd but a little pinky red color still thick.. and last day was very ligth and just a little pink.  I had no craps which is not normal and it wad only 4 day.. my bleeding in most cycles last 12-14 days before it stops and it is always very very painful ... what is going on. I am lost.
Clomid can cause changes in your cycle. Given the drastic change with what your normal cycle is compared to this month, you should follow-up with your doctor or call about this cycle, preferable before you start another round of clomid. You doctor can evaluate if the dosage of clomid is right for you, or if you need additional medication with it such as progesterone supplements.
Wishing you the best of luck!
Thank you very much talked to my doctor today I am not sure whats going to happen
You're welcome! You can also ask your doctor about femara. It works similarly as clomid, but some women have better results with it than clomid. It may also be a dosage change by your doctor. Also make sure you have a 21 day progesterone blood test when you are taking clomid. It will confirm that you are on the correct dosage and also alerts the doctor if you need additional medication such as progesterone. If your progesterone is not in the right range, it can reduce your chances of successful fertilization and cause irregularity in your cycles.
Good Luck!
I have done the test.. bur my husbands test came back bad so they are not doing a 2nd round of clomid ..  :(
They should repeat your husband's test. My husband's first test did not come back great the first time and was better the second time. He should be seeing a urologist that specializes in fertility. Sometimes the issues are easily treated. If one of the tubes is blocked, they can fix it surgically. If the counts are low, they can try switching him from briefs to boxers and look at some supplements to improve his count.
I know it's not the news you wanted to hear, but at the same time, it's better to find these kinds of issues out early, before you have gone through more treatments, wondering what's going on. Depending on his count, IUI may be a good option for you, which cleans up the sperm and gives them a head start to the egg. They would likely use clomid again to stimulate ovulation and give you the best chances of conceiving.
I know it's hard. Hang in there and know that there are lots of options and opportunities out there, so don't give up! Our prayers are with you!
Thanks we got the news about his count back in Nov. But I was so hopeful when they put me on clomid... we are having to go with military doctors and its a 1 to 3 month wait for him to redo the test.. he had been calling them snd they will not call us back, so my doc. Said he is just going to get him into see urology.
Urology can run the test and may be quicker to see. They can forward the results over. Hopefully, they'll be better and that will allow you more options! Good luck!
I hope so too.. and thank you very much