Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
mycoplasma during pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

mycoplasma during pregnancy

does anybody have any experience with mykoplasma infection during pregnancy? can it be generated by the hormones of pregnancy? what are the usual symptoms? is bright yellow discharge like a red flag for such an infection ,or not? can it be safely treated during pregnancy? could that harm the amniotic sac or other ,if not treated?...just trying to figure out whether i lost my baby because of that - and my dr's negligence...!
Not generated by hormones, but rather bacteria.   Why are you attributing this as negligence ?   Did they do a culture or smear and not give you the results till weeks later???

I was told by docs office that it could cause infertility and I also read it could attribute to miscarriage, but more than likely miscarriage due to chromosomal anomolies.   How far were you in your pregnancy?
i was in my fifth month,had an amnio,caused me leak of fluid,lost my baby.Right before the amnio,i knew i had candidae but also bright yellow discharge that i 'd never seen before-they said it's normal.Shortly after my loss,i found i still have candidae AND mycoplasma.Now i hear from other dr that yellow is a sign of more serious infection -like mycoplasma and that can ''invade the amniotic cavity''.Was it there when pregnant and nobody  noticed? did it affect the quality of my sac and it was ruptured when the needle was inserted? i was tested before my pregnancy for myc/ma and i was clear so i' m wondering,was it generated in pregnancy somehow?? ok, i know this is all very ''scientific'' but maybe you've heard something...thank you for yr comments anyway.