Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
negative HPT 10 days after embry transfer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hello all,
Going through 1st IVF.  had 4 IUI and decided to give ivf a shot.  This 2 ww period is torture.  Just did a home pregnancy test a few minutes ago and it was negative.  Only sympton I have had are mild menstrual cramps a few days ago, and today really feel like my period is coming.  Have my blood preg test tomorrow.  Anybody test negative with HPT the day before a blood test???
Thanks for any info.
Oooh oooh - I did... I took HPTs from day 6 on (after a 5dt IVF) and they were all negative... Even the morning of my blood test - HPT was negative... Had the blood test, all bummed out, and my beta was 76!!! POSITIVE!!!  DD just turned two!!!
Going through first IVF also, how did your blood test turn out?  I had a negative HPT this morning but my blood test isn't for two more days.  Really nervous! No symptoms at all?  Is that normal?
Hi im going through my first ivf too...i tested today and it was negative...today is day 10 after 3 day transfer I dont test till monday...I am very scared...The only symtoms (symptoms) i have are a bit of on and off cramping started 4 days ago and i cry all the time but that could be my nerves....
I had embryo transfer 5 days ago,  2 top grade embryos. I did a home pregnancy test today and came out negative.
Is there still a chance of pregnancy?

any info would be greatly appreciated as it's very difficult to stay positive.
thanks,
Hope this helps...

3 Day and 5 Day Transfers
For those who are on their TWW and want to know what is going on in there here is a list for 3 and 5 day transfers.

This is what happens in a 5dt:

-1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
0dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
5dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
7dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
8dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

this is what happens in a 3dt :

1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt.. Implantation begins as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
fetal cells
8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on
HPT
On a 5 day transfer, you write that HCG levels will be high enough to be immediately picked up on HPT.  --If I'm not mistaken, it DOES depend of the sensitivity of the HPT, as they vary from brand to brand. --Correct?

Which OTC brands do you suggest?  --I've found a few online that detect as low as 20-25, but it's too late for me to order them --beta is tomorrow. Which means I would have to wait 4 days after fertilization to get a positive.  (since HCG increases by 25 every day.)  

This is my first IVF, using donor egg, 5 day transfer.  (2 blasts)

Good luck to everyone.

I can tell you I test on the day before my beta and mine was neg.  My beta was positive though.  My level was only a 9 and no hpt will detect that.  I ended with a neg beta by the time of my next beta.

You are correct on the HCG levels - http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hpt.html

Most hpt will tell you the level they measure.  You can get an early detection hpt just about anywhere look for one that measure around 20.  If it is neg then you will have to wait for your beta to confirm.

Best of luck with the Beta and let me know how it goes!
Hi, I am new here..... I am 6dp blastocyst 5dt and I got a bfn...... I am still hoping. Anyone did a blastacyst transfer with assisted hatching and got a bfn then bfp with a singleton?
Hi Hope,

I did a 4 day transfer on May 22nd. I'm testing BFN on all my HPTs (all sevenD-billion of em!) But I too am not losing hope. I don't have any tips for your question but I wanted to let you know there are people who are going thru this with you.

Hang in there and stay positive--- praying for BFPs to us both!!
Hi I did a 6 day blastocyst transfer on 7/23/10 an had my first beta on 7/28/10. It was less than 2- sonit was negative!  The only symtoms (symptoms) I have are sore breasts and being very tired/ sleepy. My nurse says it's probably from the progesterone & that my next beta on 7/30/10 will also be neg. Anyone have similar situation?
Hi, I am from the UK, and I have reading all this comforting posts for the last week now.  I know this is an old post, but I am currently 7dpet 5 day transfer.  We had 2 reasonable embies transfererred.  I have had slight cramping since the transfer, sometimes a little back ache, headache, and tender boobies.  We have succumbed to the HPT and keep getting a negative, it is so destroying.  One minute I feel totally like it hasnt worked at all, then I read the forums and feel positive again, but today at day 7 am feeling very low, I have the bloodwork this Thursday and am dredding it considering I have been eagerly awaiting it for a week now!!  I was wondering if anyone here has had little or no symptoms like us, and if they still had a BFP at the bloodwork?
Thanks in advnace to anyone to replies, I know it was all some time ago, but this wait is driving me CRAZY!!
You're not crazy...I'm only 4dp5dt and am already starting to doubt and analyze every little twinge (really from the moment I left the RE :).  I have a friend I met at the clinic who actually got a negative hpt 10dp5dt and her beta came back positive.  She is now 13wks with a singleton and all is looking well and healthy.  I know it's torture, but try not to lose all hope until you hear from your RE...we pay them the big bucks to ask them questions like this.  Call and speak to your coordinator about your concerns, if nothing else it may sustain you until your beta:)  I hope it all works out for you!
I took a hpt 5 days post transfer and it was negative.  My first beta, however, which was 9 days post transfer was positive!  And so was my second beta three days after that!  I didn't have any symptoms other than MILD cramps, sore boobs (thanks to the progesterone shots, I'm sure) and super fatigue.  And those didn't start until about 8 or 9 days post transfer.  They're still not bad.  So don't lose hope!
Hi guys thank you both so much for your responses, it is so comforting.

Wow you friend had a BFP after all that, thats amazing and give me so much more hope!!  We really want this child, I am 35 and having got any family of my own worth speaking about had crap childhood (abuse) and so want to give a child the childhood I would of loved to have safe and bright and FULL of love.  My DH talks to my belly each knight telling them to grow nicely and give mummy all the jipp they want if it means they will grow fully lol.  Cramping is bad today more so when I sit down, I keep running to the loo on knicker watch lol.  2 Days to BT its funny cause we have been feeling like the 2ww is soooo long, now its nearly here at the end I am feeling nervous lol  Cant win can we

Much love and luck to you both and I REALLY REALLY hope you both have BFP coming your way, you deserve it!!  Love from the UK
Well, I think it is all over for us.  Got pink blood and brown clots (sorry tmi) this lunchtime, get worse throughout the day.  Cant stop crying, my poor DH, came home from work and had a cuddle and cry with me.  Feel so so sad, but am already looking to the next course with positivity!!

Good luck to all you others waiting for BFP, take it easy and rest up, its all so so precious

xxxxxx
Hello I am on day 7 after FET had a hpt it was negative I feel so stress I cant wait fow my pregnancy test... Have cramps like my period is coming I hope not had a success ivf with myfirst child but I didnt remember the amount of nerve braking it is.... Thank you all for posting your experiences it makes me feel better
Hi, I am day 12 post a 3dt and have done a HTP today but its a bfn. I have my beta in 2 days but am freaking out that its going to be a bfn. I have a bit of cramping kind of like ad is coming. Has this happened to anyone else that still had a positive beta? Im so nervous!
Af not ad sorry
Hi, I read your previous posts and I was wondering
How your story finished? I'm in the uk too and I had my ET 10 days ago. I couldn't wait and took a HPT and it was negative. My cramps are getting worse by the days. Sorry yo hear abou your spotting but I've read that's a good sign :/ is it true?
Regards.
I am on my 7 day 5dt. tomorrow i will go to get my blood test. I hope will be a pozitive one. I will let you all know either way the answer will be. God Bless you all!

I am 9dp5dt and just had a negative HPT, I am seriously freaked out that I
am not pregnant.....not due really to test for another 5 days, but I couldn't wait and now I wish I hadn't tested as it stresses me out so much......
any thoughts pleaseeeeeee..........
Hello ladies, As many of you described your feelings i had pretty much the same ones. The only thing that gave me a kind of good impression was 3 days ago when i started to get nausea, which for me was new, at 6pm(strange) and get really tired during the day. But the nausea thing was the alarm for me. I didn't want to take the HPT test until i get the blood test.
I had my test yesterday. Today in the morning i had intensive cramps, which i tought my menstr will come. Few hours later my doctor called me and said my test wasPOZITIVE. I  am so exited!!! GOD IS SO GREAT!

So don't get frustrated by the cramps, even tough i beleive these are our enemies in the waiting period.  Have faith, strong patience and beleive until you see the results! :)
We are are in the same boat! Today is my 6th day after my embryo transfer. I should go for pregnancy test on 11/9/2013. But since I couldn't wait have one it at home just ten minutes ago and the result is negative. Am regretting doing it but I still have hope. I will definetly do it again in the next 5 Days. Have faith in God. And my your dreams come true.  
I wish you all the best. Your dreams has finally come true.
Congrats. I will go for my pg test on 11.
So many days to go. Two week wait seems like ten years. Hope our dreams come true as well.
Thanks a lot. For me the 2 weeks are over, but i still have to wait 8 more months until i see my baby:) wish you the best!!!!
thanks for your comment. Rang the nurse at fertility centre and she said I should ignore the test......had a few spots of blood this am though and serious stomach cramps as if my period was on its way :( Really don't know what to think now, all very distressing, but I still have a little hope
i think its all over for me, massive cramps earlier and now lots of bloods with clots......... : ' (
hello.i am ne to this forum.i am done my first IVF dec.18,2013 for egg transfer.and day 10 after embryo transfer i tested urine hpt and it was turned out negative.im crying it seems  that im lossing hope.but the doctor told me that the due of my hpt is on dec.31,2013.does i have a big hope for BFP until i test agian on tuesday? hope you could help me..thank you
hi girls .am on my10th day post my embryo transfer and ive got a positive 5 times since day 8 could I be pregnant Im doin my own head in should of waited ha has this happened to any1 eles and it stayed positive on the 2ww? xxx
Hi girls,
I am on day 7, 5dt and I got negative HPT.. I feel so miserable, I cry all the time and I have a lot of PMS pain and cramps. Please help
Hi Iam ten days post transfer! Been taking test since day six first came back positive but I now know it was due to trigger shot. It's day ten and I tested again a few min ago came back neg Iam soo worried and kinda bummed out already!! First few day I had the mild cramping then two days of very light brown spotting now just lower back pain and sore boobs seems I have all the affects of early preg but could also b from my medication! I test in like four days you fits think Iam out???
Im on your same situation.
Today is the 8th day after transfer & just did a ClearBlue home pregnancy test & it was negative. It feels horrible but still have hope.
This is my second IVF treatment 3 3-day very healthy embrios were transferred just like the last time.
Ive been experiencing just like you lower back pain & a few cramps here and there. Idk what to think.
My blood test is in 5 days.
Please let me know if your blood test was positive or not?

Thanks.
Im 12dp5dt. Ive taken umpteen hpts and all have come back negative. Im so afraid im not pregnant. Its very depressing
I'm 7 days post 5dt did a test today BFN feeling very depressed now as well.
I've had cramps for past few days and very much thought it had worked
Got my beta test on Friday fingers crossed
Fingers crossed for you to