negative HPT 10 days after embry transfer
Hello all,
Going through 1st IVF.  had 4 IUI and decided to give ivf a shot.  This 2 ww period is torture.  Just did a home pregnancy test a few minutes ago and it was negative.  Only sympton I have had are mild menstrual cramps a few days ago, and today really feel like my period is coming.  Have my blood preg test tomorrow.  Anybody test negative with HPT the day before a blood test???
Thanks for any info.
Oooh oooh - I did... I took HPTs from day 6 on (after a 5dt IVF) and they were all negative... Even the morning of my blood test - HPT was negative... Had the blood test, all bummed out, and my beta was 76!!! POSITIVE!!!  DD just turned two!!!
Going through first IVF also, how did your blood test turn out?  I had a negative HPT this morning but my blood test isn't for two more days.  Really nervous! No symptoms at all?  Is that normal?
Hi im going through my first ivf too...i tested today and it was negative...today is day 10 after 3 day transfer I dont test till monday...I am very scared...The only symtoms i have are a bit of on and off cramping started 4 days ago and i cry all the time but that could be my nerves....
I had embryo transfer 5 days ago,  2 top grade embryos. I did a home pregnancy test today and came out negative.
Is there still a chance of pregnancy?

any info would be greatly appreciated as it's very difficult to stay positive.
thanks,
Hope this helps...

3 Day and 5 Day Transfers
For those who are on their TWW and want to know what is going on in there here is a list for 3 and 5 day transfers.

This is what happens in a 5dt:

-1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
0dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
5dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
7dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
8dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

this is what happens in a 3dt :

1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt.. Implantation begins as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
fetal cells
8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on
HPT
On a 5 day transfer, you write that HCG levels will be high enough to be immediately picked up on HPT.  --If I'm not mistaken, it DOES depend of the sensitivity of the HPT, as they vary from brand to brand. --Correct?

Which OTC brands do you suggest?  --I've found a few online that detect as low as 20-25, but it's too late for me to order them --beta is tomorrow. Which means I would have to wait 4 days after fertilization to get a positive.  (since HCG increases by 25 every day.)  

This is my first IVF, using donor egg, 5 day transfer.  (2 blasts)

Good luck to everyone.

I can tell you I test on the day before my beta and mine was neg.  My beta was positive though.  My level was only a 9 and no hpt will detect that.  I ended with a neg beta by the time of my next beta.

You are correct on the HCG levels - http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hpt.html

Most hpt will tell you the level they measure.  You can get an early detection hpt just about anywhere look for one that measure around 20.  If it is neg then you will have to wait for your beta to confirm.

Best of luck with the Beta and let me know how it goes!
Hi, I am new here..... I am 6dp blastocyst 5dt and I got a bfn...... I am still hoping. Anyone did a blastacyst transfer with assisted hatching and got a bfn then bfp with a singleton?
Hi Hope,

I did a 4 day transfer on May 22nd. I'm testing BFN on all my HPTs (all sevenD-billion of em!) But I too am not losing hope. I don't have any tips for your question but I wanted to let you know there are people who are going thru this with you.

Hang in there and stay positive--- praying for BFPs to us both!!
Hi I did a 6 day blastocyst transfer on 7/23/10 an had my first beta on 7/28/10. It was less than 2- sonit was negative!  The only symtoms I have are sore breasts and being very tired/ sleepy. My nurse says it's probably from the progesterone & that my next beta on 7/30/10 will also be neg. Anyone have similar situation?
Hi, I am from the UK, and I have reading all this comforting posts for the last week now.  I know this is an old post, but I am currently 7dpet 5 day transfer.  We had 2 reasonable embies transfererred.  I have had slight cramping since the transfer, sometimes a little back ache, headache, and tender boobies.  We have succumbed to the HPT and keep getting a negative, it is so destroying.  One minute I feel totally like it hasnt worked at all, then I read the forums and feel positive again, but today at day 7 am feeling very low, I have the bloodwork this Thursday and am dredding it considering I have been eagerly awaiting it for a week now!!  I was wondering if anyone here has had little or no symptoms like us, and if they still had a BFP at the bloodwork?
Thanks in advnace to anyone to replies, I know it was all some time ago, but this wait is driving me CRAZY!!
You're not crazy...I'm only 4dp5dt and am already starting to doubt and analyze every little twinge (really from the moment I left the RE :).  I have a friend I met at the clinic who actually got a negative hpt 10dp5dt and her beta came back positive.  She is now 13wks with a singleton and all is looking well and healthy.  I know it's torture, but try not to lose all hope until you hear from your RE...we pay them the big bucks to ask them questions like this.  Call and speak to your coordinator about your concerns, if nothing else it may sustain you until your beta:)  I hope it all works out for you!
I took a hpt 5 days post transfer and it was negative.  My first beta, however, which was 9 days post transfer was positive!  And so was my second beta three days after that!  I didn't have any symptoms other than MILD cramps, sore boobs (thanks to the progesterone shots, I'm sure) and super fatigue.  And those didn't start until about 8 or 9 days post transfer.  They're still not bad.  So don't lose hope!
Hi guys thank you both so much for your responses, it is so comforting.

Wow you friend had a BFP after all that, thats amazing and give me so much more hope!!  We really want this child, I am 35 and having got any family of my own worth speaking about had crap childhood (abuse) and so want to give a child the childhood I would of loved to have safe and bright and FULL of love.  My DH talks to my belly each knight telling them to grow nicely and give mummy all the jipp they want if it means they will grow fully lol.  Cramping is bad today more so when I sit down, I keep running to the loo on knicker watch lol.  2 Days to BT its funny cause we have been feeling like the 2ww is soooo long, now its nearly here at the end I am feeling nervous lol  Cant win can we

Much love and luck to you both and I REALLY REALLY hope you both have BFP coming your way, you deserve it!!  Love from the UK
Well, I think it is all over for us.  Got pink blood and brown clots (sorry tmi) this lunchtime, get worse throughout the day.  Cant stop crying, my poor DH, came home from work and had a cuddle and cry with me.  Feel so so sad, but am already looking to the next course with positivity!!

Good luck to all you others waiting for BFP, take it easy and rest up, its all so so precious

xxxxxx
Hello I am on day 7 after FET had a hpt it was negative I feel so stress I cant wait fow my pregnancy test... Have cramps like my period is coming I hope not had a success ivf with myfirst child but I didnt remember the amount of nerve braking it is.... Thank you all for posting your experiences it makes me feel better
Hi, I am day 12 post a 3dt and have done a HTP today but its a bfn. I have my beta in 2 days but am freaking out that its going to be a bfn. I have a bit of cramping kind of like ad is coming. Has this happened to anyone else that still had a positive beta? Im so nervous!
Af not ad sorry
Hi, I read your previous posts and I was wondering
How your story finished? I'm in the uk too and I had my ET 10 days ago. I couldn't wait and took a HPT and it was negative. My cramps are getting worse by the days. Sorry yo hear abou your spotting but I've read that's a good sign :/ is it true?
Regards.
I am on my 7 day 5dt. tomorrow i will go to get my blood test. I hope will be a pozitive one. I will let you all know either way the answer will be. God Bless you all!

I am 9dp5dt and just had a negative HPT, I am seriously freaked out that I
am not pregnant.....not due really to test for another 5 days, but I couldn't wait and now I wish I hadn't tested as it stresses me out so much......
any thoughts pleaseeeeeee..........
Hello ladies, As many of you described your feelings i had pretty much the same ones. The only thing that gave me a kind of good impression was 3 days ago when i started to get nausea, which for me was new, at 6pm(strange) and get really tired during the day. But the nausea thing was the alarm for me. I didn't want to take the HPT test until i get the blood test.
I had my test yesterday. Today in the morning i had intensive cramps, which i tought my menstr will come. Few hours later my doctor called me and said my test wasPOZITIVE. I  am so exited!!! GOD IS SO GREAT!

So don't get frustrated by the cramps, even tough i beleive these are our enemies in the waiting period.  Have faith, strong patience and beleive until you see the results! :)
We are are in the same boat! Today is my 6th day after my embryo transfer. I should go for pregnancy test on 11/9/2013. But since I couldn't wait have one it at home just ten minutes ago and the result is negative. Am regretting doing it but I still have hope. I will definetly do it again in the next 5 Days. Have faith in God. And my your dreams come true.  
I wish you all the best. Your dreams has finally come true.
Congrats. I will go for my pg test on 11.
So many days to go. Two week wait seems like ten years. Hope our dreams come true as well.
Thanks a lot. For me the 2 weeks are over, but i still have to wait 8 more months until i see my baby:) wish you the best!!!!
thanks for your comment. Rang the nurse at fertility centre and she said I should ignore the test......had a few spots of blood this am though and serious stomach cramps as if my period was on its way :( Really don't know what to think now, all very distressing, but I still have a little hope
i think its all over for me, massive cramps earlier and now lots of bloods with clots......... : ' (
hello.i am ne to this forum.i am done my first IVF dec.18,2013 for egg transfer.and day 10 after embryo transfer i tested urine hpt and it was turned out negative.im crying it seems  that im lossing hope.but the doctor told me that the due of my hpt is on dec.31,2013.does i have a big hope for BFP until i test agian on tuesday? hope you could help me..thank you
hi girls .am on my10th day post my embryo transfer and ive got a positive 5 times since day 8 could I be pregnant Im doin my own head in should of waited ha has this happened to any1 eles and it stayed positive on the 2ww? xxx
Hi girls,
I am on day 7, 5dt and I got negative HPT.. I feel so miserable, I cry all the time and I have a lot of PMS pain and cramps. Please help
Hi Iam ten days post transfer! Been taking test since day six first came back positive but I now know it was due to trigger shot. It's day ten and I tested again a few min ago came back neg Iam soo worried and kinda bummed out already!! First few day I had the mild cramping then two days of very light brown spotting now just lower back pain and sore boobs seems I have all the affects of early preg but could also b from my medication! I test in like four days you fits think Iam out???
Im on your same situation.
Today is the 8th day after transfer & just did a ClearBlue home pregnancy test & it was negative. It feels horrible but still have hope.
This is my second IVF treatment 3 3-day very healthy embrios were transferred just like the last time.
Ive been experiencing just like you lower back pain & a few cramps here and there. Idk what to think.
My blood test is in 5 days.
Please let me know if your blood test was positive or not?

Thanks.
Im 12dp5dt. Ive taken umpteen hpts and all have come back negative. Im so afraid im not pregnant. Its very depressing
I'm 7 days post 5dt did a test today BFN feeling very depressed now as well.
I've had cramps for past few days and very much thought it had worked
Got my beta test on Friday fingers crossed
Fingers crossed for you to
I did a 4dp5dt hpt and i did another this morning, negative again. Do I still have a chance?  PLEASE GIVE ME SOME WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT.  My first time IVF
Hi Tuftskids. It might be too early for u to test. See the chart on the previous comments day 3 and day 5 of ET. I'm also waiting at the moment I'm on day 6 PET. Baby dust for both of us. Let's keep on praying and hoping for God's blessings.  
Today is my day 9 after transfer. Did a test today BFN. I want to think positive and do not want to be depressive yet. some days i feel more optimistic than others. these two week wait is anguishing.
i don't have any symptoms just pains in my belly. By any chance my blood test will be positive?
Thanks.
Hello ladies,
I'm 11 days post
Hello Ladies,
I'm 11 days post transfer 5dt and I'm freaking out already. This is our 3rd time ivf and I feel like it's it's going to be negative as well. I have period like cramps today and boobs are sore on and off. I did hpt on day 7 and it was negative
Miracles do happen. I have been reading alot and everything is in the hands of God I belief.
Same with my wife shes 10 days post embryo transfer got negative after hpt this morning and got a call from our embrylogist, he advised for beta hcg tommorow. I have more hope that God will make a miracle..
Hi ladies,
I'm 12 days post transfer. I did a HPT this morning with a BFN. I was devastated as you can imagine. I have my blood test on Friday I'm trying to stay positive for that but it's a little disheartening. I've had cramps, nausea most of an afternoon and when I smell certain meats, sore back, sore and BIG boobs, tired. Have had some spotting today and feel like my period is coming. Has anyone else has this or similar and reviewed a postive from blood test and had a beautiful happy healthy baby? The worrying can really take over !
How was your blood test
I am also on my 10th day after 3 day embroy transfer.
I did test yesterday which was the 9th day and it showed negative and I am very much afraid to check today.
How many day embroy transfer was urs?
I'm 9 days post transfer of a 6 day blast and only got bfns. Is it too late for me??
I agree with you mum_intraining it's hard not to be worried. I'm generally very positive but these 2ww end up being so stressful. I'm praying everyday for it to happen for all of us. xxxxx
Hey ladies  am had a day 3 egg tranfer. And today is my  my day 9 ever since i got my one and only egg that was fertilized . This morning I couldn't think of anything than the worst i was terrified of what will be the result on the 7 nov thats when my doc told to take the pregnancy test but I couldn't wait that long as i was so terrified so i went on and took a test this morning i was surprised when i got a big fat positive faint line even though i had also drank a glass of water o1 hour earlier   . I am so happy i made through after all this two ww its a drug and on top of that its ghe only egg i had  .this is my second  trial the first one was in june but ended up in a miscarriage  and it was also the only egg i had so we went through all the steps again from the start but my doctors have been also positive on me they said its a must am go get pregnant because am only 23 years and very fertile to the extent that they had to take my gonal f shot as low as 50 per day because my many egg were produced and my uterus got sore  and i also got sick si they stopped the medication and they said we will start over in two months its was a heartbeat to wait that long  but I managed its my husband that  cut his balls to prevent making baby when he was a yound star but now he had to regret as we had to go through all this but am happy  its positive again hope this one will hang in with mummy all the way to 9 months . So ladies have faith you will all succed  just be patient and i don't recommend to take a test this early as i did 9 days at the 3day transfer is really early i just got lucky to get the clear faint line hang in their we all gonna be mothers  wish you all the best . I will take another test in three day to see if the line thickens more.
Ho sorry for all the spelling mistakes it my phone that has auto spell it spells my words differently . Quite irritating
Good look.. i wish you a big POSITIVEEE.. :-)
Hi, I'm from the UK and had 2 5day fet transferred on the 28th October today is 9 day past and I fell into the HPT trap which came out BFN has anyone else done this but had a positive later on??? feeling realy down today now :(
I am on my 1st IVF cycle. 5 day blast, 1 Grade 5AA transfer.

I am on day 6 and took a cheap boots own HPT and it was negative. Not due to have blood test until day 11. Was this too early or a good amount of time to trust the negative result. Horrible cramps for the last 3 days on and off and feel like my period is coming for the last couple of days.

Any feedback would be great.

Wish you all well with your journeys.

I am 10 days post 2 day egg transfer.  I stupidly tested on Saturday (8dp) and got a negative.  This is my first round of IVF.  I am very nervous / scared to test on Wednesday which was the date that I was given by the clinic. Just praying that it changes to a positive.

Has anyone else tested early and got a negative but later tested positive?

I don't have many symptoms and the ones I do have are probably as a result of the progesterone.  There seem to be a few comments on here from recent and wondering if anyone has found out that they are pregnant. And what their experiences have been.

Hi cleach

I am from the UK too, I was just wondering how your test went? I am really getting worried / nervous and don't know anyone else who is going / went through IVF. People just don't seem to understand what it's like.
hi guys this Embryo Glue does increase chances of pregnancy or what? can any one help!
Hi rangwanasha

I had embryo glue, I thought why not try it when I'm paying out so much already.  I am due to test tomorrow, praying it does help!
hey sister hope you went well and how is your results? hope they are good. I am 10 days now after transfer 3dt. I have no symptoms. my test is on Monday morning . praying for all the best.
Hello all,
I wandering about the embryo glue.. i planning go for embryo transfer in January and not sure about embryo transfer.. please any experience will help.. thanks.. i wish you a BIG positive...
Hi guy I went for my blo
Hi guy's I went for my blood test today they are positive its 187. I hope and pray for positive for everyone who's waiting. My advice  I think embryo glue is working.
Congratulations to your beta! I'm 7 days after the 3 day transfer today, and I feel no symptoms at all :( I'm scheduled for my beta on December 14th, very scared since it's my 3Rd IVF.
Have you done a pregnancy test yet?
Hi. I had my embryo transfer 9 days ago at day 3. I just did a pregnancy test and it was negative so upset can't explain my feelings been trying for a baby since 2008. Hoping, praying and wishing the result changes to a positive on Thursday for my final test date. Has this ever happened to anyone else, early negative tests.
REALLY THAT GREAT NEWS I DID MY TRANSFER  ON 12/12/2015 AND it neg, also in blood on 12/19/2015 dont know if its to soon  any advise
i am feeling the same way i did a transfer on 12/12 and today got a neg on blood and urine 12-19-2015 they told me why did i get tested at my office cause it to soon
Hi same as me..i did the home test just then and its negative and im on day 7...my blood test us this Tuesday 29/12/15 .. you think i still have hope?
Same here iam 8dp5dt and it is BFN this morning by beta ia on JAN 4
Same here too today is 7dp 5t.tested twin hpt it was negative may be tested little early. beta is on 20th of jan..hoping for miracle............