Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
no cervical mucus after miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

no cervical mucus after miscarriage

i wondering if anyone had heard of having no cm after a miscarriage?  i had a miscarriage in aug 08 and have not had any cm since.  before this - i had tons.  every month with out fail.  that was how i could tell if i was ovulating, when my cycle would come, everything!  we are trying again, but im not sure if this means i'm not ovulating.
First i would like to say im sorry for your loss, i had a missed m/c in june 08 was 10week 1 day.

I would suggest that you use opk's and mayb do BBT(temp taking) taking your temp will let you no if you ovulated or not, you cant really rely on the opks bcuz some things can make you have a false positive, i would try the temp takiing.  After my m/c in june my cm decreased a lot, i mean a lot. And even now, its not like how it use to be, its a small amount, which of course makes me worried bcuz ive been ttc since august and still BFN's

Every woman is different, but you are not alone, ive read other post where woman said they didnt get CM or decreased CM after m/c.  Try drinking more water. After my AF ended i started drinking more water so on CD 10 i noticed small amounts of ewcm, which i didnt get the other months, not sure if its the water of if my body is just now starting to get back on track

I try to keep in mind that having a m/c is very traumatizing to the body, almost like shock, your body has to take time to heal and get back on track, bad as we want it to get back on track fast.
thanks for the response.!

i started drinking more water and it did actually seem to help a bit!  but now i'm having cervical issues.  there has been bleeding "after".  and i know that can't be good for when ttc.  Dr said nothing to worry about, but i know it's not normal -  and i'm high risk for HPV. oh well, i guess time will tell!

thanks again!